Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Did you make any Christmas gifts this year?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did you make any Christmas gifts this year?
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang,

Hope all is well in Letterville! I was just doing some snooping on you all and wondered if anyone made some Christmas gifts this year? I am loving my free time since selling the business and had time to make 3 different gifts. Just finishing up the painting on one, so will take pics and post this afternoon. Let's see what you have been working on!
[Smile] Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the people that we give gifts to, really don't need anything. I make candies and such to send/give to them!

This year I made Cranberry Crunch bark, two layer peppermint bark, chocolate drizzled popcorn, Christmas trail mix and caramel puffcorn.

I also took square pretzels for candies two ways. First way, I took chocolate stars, in the oven long enough to soften, then pushed a white, red or green m&m on the top.

The other way was with Rolo candies, then pushed down a pecan half.

Also made Krispie Date ball cookies!

And my kitchen was infested with MICE!!!

-

I crocheted a hat for my daughter, and made a bunch of glass ornaments using Gallery Glass. I had little metal buckets that I put stuff in for the gals at work, that Bruce painted their names on.

That's about it for us!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Suelynn, Yes a custom solid oak book case, complete with crown moldings etc. Custom, as she teaches singing and the music books are larger than normal books... Merry Christmas to you and your family... Pat and Ruth.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, those mice are adorable! What a good idea, and all the stuff you made sounds wonderful!

Pat, I would love to see that bookcase! Merry Christmas right back at ya!

This is a mailbox my Dad found somewhere and brought it to me last year to paint. Finally got around to it so it is his Christmas gift this year! It is one-shot on banged up metal.
 -

I started teaching an art class for ladies once a week, and this is the painting that we did with them. I made a few extras and they are going in the family draw. The picture is crappy but the snowman have irridencent glitter and are kinda festive! The ladies were pretty pleased with themselves because most of them had never painted anything before.
 -

These are a couple of faux stained glass pieces (another art class project). These are for my brothers.
 -

This is the gift I am the most excited about. It is a wood box for the cabin for my hubby for Christmas. I bought the pine to build it months ago and Don thought I would never get around to building it. I am not a woodworker by any stretch, but I am a wannabe!! [Smile] It has a box on top for kindling and paper, and it is on roller wheels...sure beats the cardboard box we have been using. I know it isn't fancy, but I can't wait to see his face when he opens it!
 -

Merry Christmas to all my letterville friends!!!

[ December 21, 2008, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Suelynn Sedor ]

--------------------
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I'm totally inspired!

I didn't have time this year for homemade gifts, but plan to start giving in other areas.

Rick Sacks sent me a fabulous email where a wife gave her husband (who had everything) a white envelope each Christmas and stuck it into the tree. The envelope contained a charity she took part in.

After his passing, his kids continued the tradition as well. I'm starting to keep score of what I do for others. By the time we have a wrap up reno party for the crew, I hope to give each helper a white envelope. [Smile] Sort of a delayed Christmas gift of sorts.

Here's a cute idea I found on the net today... all it takes is a thrift store find and some nice dipping stuff from a jar on hand and playing with some fabric scraps.

-

full how to at:

http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/2008/12/ragamuffin-it.html

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just now finished Photoshopping a collage of my kids for my mother in law, and I burned her a DVD of my son Nic's Pop Warner football season.

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still painting on that Concrete Dog job, ... my neighbour's gift to his wife. A replica of their Newfoundlander who passed away a couple years ago.

I just finished crocheting a blanket for our own bed, and am now starting to make one for a friends of ours. Won't be for Christmas, but a gift non the less.

I'm also going to go thru my photo files and make prints for friends and either present them with it in an envelope, or frame them before I give them.

That's about all this year. We have all decided that this year will be NO gifts and more about appreciating the food, the friendships and the blessings we have. It has made for a very stressfree holiday season so far. [Smile]

I love to see what you folks are up too. Very creative!

~nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sue! It is so nice to hear from you..

I gave to some friends some photos I took of them on their Motorcycles and others when we played Golf, I took the photos when they were'nt looking so they are really natural looking shots. I made 8x10'a out of them and bought some inexpensive frames from Wally World with matting and placed them in there. They look expensive but are really quite afordable, and everyone loves photos of themselves, especially when they did'nt even know that the Photo was taken.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Suelyn, about 10 years ago I thought I would make a hand made gift for my 5 children and their families. It was a thin wood circle with burned and hand painted Christmas scene. It was intended as a one time thing, but each year since they ask what this year's gift will be.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep!

I made some tasty stuff for personal gifts this year.

Heavenly hash or what some of you may know as rocky road - homemade marshmallow with whole vanilla bean, layered like a cake with Guittard milk chocolate and pecans

-

Pecan turtles with homemade caramel

-

What we called molasses puffs in the midwest, but some folks will know it as angel candy, air candy, honeycomb brittle or sea foam
 -

And my personal favorite, homemade caramels dipped in Guittard bittersweet chocolate and topped with large flakes of white cypress sea salt
 -

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1400 or so Chocolate Chip, Sugar, Oatmeal, & Peanut Butter cookies. Packed them 10-12 to a box, put in a homemade Christmas card, and shipped them all over creation.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'mworking on this...I HOPE I get it done~!

-

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys have been busy! Man that baking all looks and sounds great! I didn't do any baking at all this year! (so feel free to send some my way, ha ha)
It is nice to see you all too and touch base. Have a very Merry Christmas!

--------------------
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Oh Jane, that looks wonderful! What a nice gift!

--------------------
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Mike. That's worth moving abit closer to ya. I'd be happy to be your taste tester. Gah..

Lovely Jane! Such a nice momento!

I did forget about this one. Cody did a weather report project for school and I love the front cover. He's a tornado fanatic and it's a wonderful soft hued colourful picture with the title 'weather' done in pretty fancy lettering, one letter set in flames no less. LOL I'm going to get it copied today and his dad and birthmom will each get a framed edition. Come to think of it, I think I'll get myself one for Christmas too!

I'm also recycling old Christmas cards (cutting out covers and using fancy scissors and construction paper and felts) and typing out little stories on why I appreciate giving to that certain someone.

And just giving back in small unexpected ways. One gal that gave me a casserole during the renos is getting her casserole back filled with homemade cookies and one of those story cards.

My theme this year is, made and done with hands, not primarily dollar bills. It's creative and fun! Wish I had more time to do more.

[ December 22, 2008, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane that looks wonderful, Pastel on ???? Just wondering...These types of gifts make time stand still, if only when being viewed...All the above are wonderful cause they come from the heart not the pocket book...Thanks, Pat.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did this for Heather's brother and wife Jenny, it's a timeout/pouting chair, for their 3 girls to take a turn on.... [Cool] [Cool]

-

-

Actually, Heather's dad did the chair out of pine, and I finished it !

Merry Christmas to all !

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat, it's just med. brown pastel paper. I like the ones that have a bit of texture to them. Those are my grandsons, by the way.

Man, there are some great examples of Loving here. I always think when I make something for someone that I am thinking about them and loving them the whole time. When I get a handmade item, I always think that person spent hours thinking about me while they made it. That makes it even MORE special!! I LOVE handmade gifts! Wish I had more time to do them.

[ December 22, 2008, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Rene, that is a great idea! I love the look on their faces!!

So what did you make them this year Bill??

--------------------
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do 50 bourbon balls, 100 chocolate chip cookies, 60 oatmeal raisin cookies, 72 chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies, 60 russian tea cakes, 2 sheet pans of white chocolate peppermint bark, 2 sheet pans of fudge and 3 pans of sticky buns count?

Actually most of them, I sold for friends to give to business clients. The rest I gave to neighbors as gifts.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!