Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Now for something completely different (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now for something completely different
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I have to admit that I have not been here of late so I am not really up on what all has transpired with you Shane...good luck in what ever direction you may choose...I just got some words from Doug Bernhardt that he has asked me to post for him...so...here they are...

Shane, If you take a couple of weeks holidays and then make the decision,
I'll buy into whatever route you take. Less than that will always be doubts.
You owe that at least before you start "selling off"(or whatever), your
stock etc. I know when I returned after a couple weeks away I was willing to
live with my irrational decision, and see where it landed me. I came back
from holiday with a new resolve and direction and have been on that path
since, although with some setbacks and delays. At the risk of turning this
into a "mutual admiration society" have looked forward to meeting you as
well although time and circumstance never seems to permit. My shop will
"underwelm" you for sure but you are welcome anytime. I have a strong
feeling a few folks will be dropping in Monday next. Am just a couple of
minutes west of the Corel Centre.

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly recommend you stop by and visit Doug and his dawgee. You're definitely not on an island by yourself Shane. Most of us have hit
the "wall".... more than once. Back in the mid- seventies I did just that, after 3 years of sign design and blueprinting at a large electrical sign shop. I worked with 3 other artists that helped me over it. They experienced the 3 year thing too. We all even suffered the same spinal problem. All our spines were rotating to the right except for one fella... he was left handed and his spine was rotating left. Cause... sitting all day, every day drawing in a vertical position on a drafting board. No your not an island Shane. You'd be surprised how many kindred spirits you have out there. I've been revitalized since your workshop. Dan's workshop is just the ticket for you. It doesn't mean your decision will change, but at least you'll know for sure.
See you in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the companionship today. I really enjoyed reconnecting. I can tell that you are excited and comfortable with the decisions you have made. It's good to keep things fresh and I have absolutely no doubt that your contributions as an OPP will be rewarding and valuable. As artists we too often place all our focus in one area and I believe that that has a great impact on how close we come to burning out. So, for what it's worth, I think you have made a good decision, one that will allow this craft to continue to be a passion rather than becoming a yoke. All the best with the entrance process. [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevin Finlay
Resident

Member # 2159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevin Finlay   Author's Homepage   Email Bevin Finlay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a pleasure to meet you at the Consac show Shane. Your work is outstanding, but I can sincerely understand and relate to your frustration in the trade.

Your passion for your art will only grow stronger with the pressures of it being a day to day business lifted off your shoulders.

Best of luck with your new direction!

Bevin

--------------------
www.bevinfinlay.com

Bevin Finlay
Artistry & Design
autoartist@bevinfinlay.com

Posts: 477 | From: Mid-Western Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never looked forward to a speeding ticket before, but i'm pretty sure i'll be able to sell my first hand carved and gilded shane original for more than the charge amount cuz i just know he put alot of detail into everything he does

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!