Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterhead goofy moments...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterhead goofy moments...
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a fun post....

What are some of the sillier, goofier, fun moments you've had at a Letterhead meet? You know...the kind you hope never get posted on You Tube.

C'mon. Fess up.
[Wink]
Rapid

[ August 05, 2008, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like the time I found out you can't take a left on red going to the cabin from your meet?

[Razz] [I Don t Know]

New Hampster sure is a weird state!

[ August 05, 2008, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha, I thought of the same thing Bob. Uhm let's see....

Tattling on Karyn to the bus driver when she broke the window in Quebec

While Signdog & Laurie were taking me to the Atlanta airport, spotting the "Lost dog?" billboard.

Here, hold this.

Trying to contort myself into a semi-comfortable position to sleep in the most uncomfortable chair ever made in the hospital after the clams incident.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kissy painting Jakey's toenails with hot pink Oneshot at Dixie (and some other dude's.. [Wink] )... and then Jake not bothering to change out of sandals to go eat with Mike Faig at Applebee's later that evening. Shoulda seen the kids checking out them pink toenails. Blake and I acted like we didn't know them... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The birth of the "Hardly Normal Sign Co." in Canada last year with Sarge and Duncan. !!!!!!!

From the time we got together at Duncan's place then on to the Moose Jaw meet, there was never a dull moment.

It all started with Sarge's "Crutch-cam" trip through the Canadian Rockies [Wink]

Our Company motto is "We can turn normality in chaos in seconds".

One classic HNSC moment at Moose Jaw was when Sarge and Jamie were installing the hinges on the easels. The screwed the first set on the wrong side of the legs! The second set, they managed to get one leg on the right side and the other on the wrong side underneath!. [I Don t Know]

"That's OK, I'll fix it easy" said Jamie and promptly removed the offending hinge. Turns the hinge over and screws it back down on exactly the same wrong side! [Bash] [Bash] [Bash]

Needless to say we couldn't let such a valuable employee escape the Company so he was made an associate member on the spot.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being abandoned atop a scaffolding right in the center of a highway intersection in Mazzeppa while John and Paul Jordan and Dan Sawatsky tried to catch Laurie (Duncan's wife)to make her hop on for a ride too. [Smile]

Duncan boosting me up tp change the "WALNUT" sign to "WALLDOG" in front of Dan's mural - although in retrospect, with the crew working there, Walnut may have been more appropriate.

Great Post Ray!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A long time ago at a Skeeter Roundup Some guys, including Gary Godby were staying late goofing around and probably enjoying some adult beverages. A stray black dog happened along so they decided to "flame" it. The next morning another "head" who wasn't there the night before arrived early and was sitting in his car when the dog on fire walked by. He thought maybe he had had a little too much to drink the night before and returned to his hotel to sleep it off.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Johnson and I were to travel to Kentucky for a wall dog meet. We had the same airline, same flight number. The day before we were to go, he calls from Kentucky asking where am I. I panicked, thinking I had mistaken the date and missed my flight. It seems his wife made the reservations and had his date the day before mine. As if that wasn't enough, on the way back we got a ride to the airport, but on the way the car got a flat and there was no jack in the trunk. It was a Sunday and no one around, everything closed. I flagged down a car (brand new Caddy) with an elderly couple. Told him our problem and he said get in. We just walked into the airport and right on to the plane. Five minutes later and we would have missed it.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When twenty something rooms in a row at the motel were from our group and we pinstriped all the Televisions, and each room put a large letter on the window reading LETTERHEADS down the row. We also returned many pinstriped rental cars.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my girlfriend to Boone's for her first ever meet and she spilled an entire glass of coke on his keyboard (we replaced it of course).

10 or so letterheads in the back of my F-150 with bald tires and another 5 or 6 pushing me up Boone's icy hill to get home.

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Nancy and Noella's Cornwall meet, Gary Anderson asked if he could bum a ride with me to the airport since I had a rental car. Since his flight out was about the same as mine, we set up departure times, where to meet at the hotel, etc.

At supper the night before leaving early the next morning we were discussing how terribly early we had to get up to make our flights. Somewhere in the conversation he asked how far it was to Montreal. Why Montreal, we're flying out of Ottawa. His flight was from Montreal and mine was from Ottawa and neither of us had bothered to mention airports.

Last minute scrambling got him a ride to Montreal, only to find out when he walked up to the counter that he had left his ticket in the car of the person giving him a ride...and he had to purchase another ticket.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...here's another one.

At Mike Jackson's Bash in '82, Mike asked me to do a show card demonstration. It was the first time I had done anything like that and was extremely nervous, especially considering the caliber of folks that were watching.

He wanted a show card to give to the folks doing the barbecue catering, which I did...and promptly misspelled the owner's name.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picking up "lunch to go" from "Bubba Burger" in the Yankee Bus on the way home from Dixie Civil War. That was goofy, but not very funny.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

It really was a "lunch to go"

[ August 06, 2008, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Ron Costa ]

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought my $464 speeding ticket on the way to the meet was more memorable, Ron. I especially like Officer Speedtrap's attitude...

[Wink]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK ... here's a pic I took at an "un-named" OZ Letterhead Meet. The scene was also shown on National TV.

-

#1. "Ladderjacks" are totally illegal in every state!

#2, Working on a single plank above 2m (6ft) without safety rails, double planks, harness, tie-offs and all that BS!!!!!

#3 ... where are the pedestrian safety barriers?

#4 ... Do you have a permit?

#5 ... Excuse me Sir ... are you aware of the weight loading on that plank?

(I could go on!)

Workplace, Health and Safety swooped like vultures when they saw this.

Sad (for them) to say it was a futile pursuit.

Pub said it was a freebee. These guys just turned up and re-gilded my sign for nothing.

Meet Director said "No money changed hands. It was not a commercial transaction. They were not asked to do it ... chase them"

Hard to ID faces from arse end shots eh?

[Smile]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess it would have to be my first meet at Fred's, when I spilled sissy pink one shot all over the floor and my shoes... something about that pink one shot seems to like men's toes.. [Smile] and Adrienne and Si taunting me as I'm on hands and knees cleaning it up.

Oh, and as part of that taunting, yes, it was broadcast live on HeadTV. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the International meet in Independence, Ohio someone had some "Letterhead sacrificial watermelons". It was late at night and I decided to paint one of the melons as if it had been cut open. Pink inside, fleshy pith, you get the idea. I was painting the inside of a watermelon; others had their mind in the gutter and quickly saw the resemblance to something else.

At the same meet, I hitched a ride back to the Hilton with Cosmic Ray who had rented a Trans Am. Ahead of us was a red light that he did not fancy stopping at so he cut through a filling station - at about 40 mph, not even slowing down as he cut across, then back onto the road. There were a couple of other guys in the car too and we were laughing so hard we were about to puke.

At the Waco letterheads, Alton, Spaz and a couple of others made a trip out to the still smoldering ashes of the Davidian compound. We picked up some morbid "souvenirs" and made some pix - on the other side of the "Do Not Cross" barrier tape. Spaz found a love letter to David Koresh from a little girl, about 10 years old, obviously his lover.

At the Mad SIGNtist Symposium that I hosted, we airbrushed my white bulldog with bright green racing stripes. Stuff like that is pretty normal though - especially late at night.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me winning the really nice brush box in Dixie.
And me looking around at all the other "heads" with their cat just caught the mouse grins..

That is something I will never forget.

And then looking at all the labels all over every thing in Steve's garage when Bushie was visiting.. If it stoood still it was hand labeled.

[ August 06, 2008, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Curtis hammond ]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those two guys that dressed up as women at the 85' Chicago meet..........really ugly women.

My truck having a for sale ( cheap ) sign lettered on the back window at the Dixie meet in 2000 and me getting approached by some guy at a traffic light wanting to buy the truck [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we were stuck in the back of the Yankee Bus with no opening windows... Bubba Burgers will always be "memorable",Ray!

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, George I have pix somewhere of those two "chicks". They had balloons under their shirts. I'm pretty sure they were Canadian, eh? I think that was the meet that Rick was talking about too. I went to two meets there. I think Wild Bill Betz threw the hotel manager into the pool at one of them. Had a wonderful time with Al Grand and Ken Millar there too. And... Dave Beatty (got his swap project from there), and his mucho hot girlfriend and us went out for pizza. We ordered a large pizza and the girl looked at us like we were from another planet. I just sort of "bring us the large pizza lady; you gotta problem with that?" She did and that sucker weighed about 30 lbs. I kid you not, I still have stretch marks on my lips from that. I bet Dave remembers that too.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching Elvis put his head inside a bucket, the funniest part was when he removed the bucket he needed a mirror to understand why we all fell over laughing. The bucket had been used for charcoal and he was black!! Also watching Elvis (Dean Johnstone) and Alex doing duelling banjos with Maul sticks.

There's always so much laughter at meets, it's hard to remember what about half the time but alcohol is usually involved!!

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving to Mars with Cam, when we got to the Pennsylvania border, I turned to him and said " cool we're almost there" He turns to me and said "Boy you aint never ben' to Pennsylvania have ya?" " We ain't even half way there yet "

My therapist says I ought to be clear to drive back into Pennsylvania sometime in 2011 [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Letterheads-Oz 2000, the courtesy bus took everyone out to a restaurant for dinner, then did an hour's trip around to drop everyone off at their motels- only no one got off. The bus eventually got back to the shed at about 11 pm (at night), and everyone piled out & went back to painting!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will never see myself at the Meets.
But you may hear me in the background.

[ August 06, 2008, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Stephen Deveau ]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Cooper (Coop) and I were heading down to Jimmy Chathams meet from Oklahoma...we'd been driving all nite and as we approach the Georgia border I look at the map and say "Hey Dave here's a short cut I bet would take 2 hours off our trip."

Famous last words...the road started out alright then turned at the (too far in to turn back point)it gets so switchback, wooded and quiet then the road turns to gravel and David says in a calm but concerned voice. "If ya hear any banjos roll up the windows and stand on it!"

Our short cut added nearly 3 hours to the trip!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

quote:
Originally posted by Monte Jumper:
David Cooper (Coop) and I were heading down to Jimmy Chathams meet from Oklahoma...we'd been driving all nite and as we approach the Georgia border I look at the map and say "Hey Dave here's a short cut I bet would take 2 hours off our trip."

Famous last words...the road started out alright then turned at the (too far in to turn back point)it gets so switchback, wooded and quiet then the road turns to gravel and David says in a calm but concerned voice. "If ya hear any banjos roll up the windows and stand on it!"

Our short cut added nearly 3 hours to the trip!

So you took "the road less graveled" huh? You were obviously using a GPS navigation system, LOL. Pig trails are not off limits to those babies; ask me how I know! BTW, the dueling banjos thing was about hillbillies in Arkansas, not Georgia; hey, that's right NEXT door to Oklahoma isn't it? [Smile]

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Pierre Tardif got into the sleeping bag with Steve Shortreed for the group shot at FKAB
(or was it vice versa?)
Pierre painting Steve's toenails at the same meet, I think he started that fad.

Being woken up at 1am from my first dead sleep in a week by someone asking me if I had a condom
(Mars meet, in the upstairs of the ambulance station in a Red Cross cot)

Painting in the panel jam area at Mazeppa '99, feeling something keep hitting my leg under the table.
It was John Falotico with his mahl stick
Driving Mike Meyer's American Dream Chevy van at the same meet, everyone thought I was him and it sounded like a motorcycle

Stevo doing Elmer's voice at the Winter Muster
Ryan Young hijacking Letterville at the same meet
Stevo doing Brooce's voice anytime
Rabid and Brooce's voices together at the same meet anytime
Listening to the accents at any meet any time
(better when Scotsmen or Southerners are there)

Watching Micheal Clark scale the Post Office roof in the dusk at the '05 Muster
Watching the crew sneak off and customise the spaceship at the Mars meet
Painting a bad thing on the pesky minister's van at the Mars meet (and erasing it)

Embarrassing Bob Peach at any meet (easy to do)
Sitting on John Jordan's knee at meets, knowing full well I outweighed him
Jordo telling me he couldn't wear a kilt and the reason why at the Tickle meet
Hearing Jordo do critiques, sometimes very harsh, of meet panels, usually mine
Rabid's bear hugs upon greeting at any meet
Dan Sawatsky and the Juanita story at Mazeppa '05
Bill Diaz enjoying the music at Mazeppa '05 and saying "Hurt me, hurt me" real funny-like

Walking into Zumbrota with Stevo in 95° heat to find an ATM and seeing that there was one right beside our hotel on the way back
Hearing stories about the Bates Motel style room the Briskies stayed at for Mass Mayhem, we stayed there too and there was actually an arrest made for assault in the middle of the night which we slept right through
Catherine Foster and I booking a B&B at Cork by the FAS Centre and finding out it was about 5 miles from the meet site (other FAS Centre) and having to take the bus

Seeing Dewayne Connot "customize" a name decal on an easel at the World of Wheels last February
Hearing him do his Igor voice

Mike Meyer showing up here one winter day when I was out in the garage painting signs in my nightie and parka

Listening to the cackling coming from "The Round Table" at FKAB and later finding out just what it was all about!

Eating wild boar sausage and buffalo at Paint the Prairie, bridies and haggis at the Tickle, and poutine at FKAB, feeding Whitey corn cobs at Boone's and learning that cows have a rough tongue like a cat

And lots more.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to my first meet in Unity Saskatchewan and ripping by Duncan and Mike Meyer in my little 4 banger s-10 at close to 100mph. I think Duncan left about an hour before me!! Speed ‘er up there boy! (no ticket for me Rabid)

Watching Mike and Curt Nelson make out with cut-out airbrushed MDO pinups at Paint the Prairie! I think Mike made it to 2nd base! Curt got shot down.

Mike taking Jill and I to Elmer’s and just layin on the horn to wake him up! HOLLY JEESCHUSCH!! At least ya didn’t give him a heart attack Mike!
Elmer’s floor makes weird sounds!!
Ryan hijacking letterville at the winter muster. I think Mark Matyjakowski was onto you Ryan!
Hearing BROOCE’s voice for the first time! EHHHHHHHHH!!! OH!
Mike and I imitating Elmer.
Seeing someone paint a dibond panel with the plastic mask still on. OOPS!
Making Jill laugh so hard I thought her head was gonna explode.
Painting a panel that had meatballs on it and Steve said it looked like POO!

Making flatulent noises going over rumble strips driving to Mass Mayhem from PA.
Everyone thinking I was Brian Papa’s long lost twin brother.
Eating REAL clam chowda!
Watching western conference hockey playoffs in the Bates Motel at 1am. With NO remote.
Rabid likes powdered donuts!!

Eatin wild boar at Paint the Prairie 2.
Wondering about the “hat”. Listening to a jam session that had lyrics involving alcohol and sex.
Again, making Jill laugh so hard I thought she was gonna die!!
The Saskatchewan Sign gals posing on the old Model T!! Click Click.
Grope photos.

Brooce takin Jill and I on some abandoned interstate that took another hour to get to Rochester to see Mark! Hahhahaha. I drove by a Tim Hortons too!
Mark crankin’ SLAYER for me in his garage!!

Laughin my ass off about Anita at the Muster.
Someone stealing all our beer!
Seeing Elmer again!
Frying in the sun hand lettering a truck. John Lennig kickin up dust dancing.
That magician (frank?) stickin all kinda of things up his nose.
“Elvis”
The masquerade party. Sorry Stewart Shrek just aint “you”. 
That damn ATM was across the street and the front desk didn’t tell us! Piggybacking Jill for awhile on that hike.
Driving Mike’s van every night at the meet.

Turning beat red having Letterheads sing happy birthday to me.
I think I could hear Don Coplen snoring from 200ft!
Not keeping an eye on the “Puppydogs” and were painting outside the lines at the jamboree!
June! (not the month)
Gary Godby, Jeff Lang, Bill Beckner and I doin BAWstun accents in a restaurant in Johnstown PA. (half in the bag)
Eatin squid of some sort at the same restaurant
Spending a night in a motel with Mark Neurohr. PHEW!

Too many more to list. Many great memories and I hope to make some more.

Stevo

[ August 07, 2008, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Stevo Chartrand ]

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Boones I remember Harris falling in the trash can when he fell asleep

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!