Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » large retractable banner, awning or umbrella?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: large retractable banner, awning or umbrella?
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a client that has a restaurant that has outdoor seating. in the hot summer months they are looking for some kind of affordable shade that they can use when the sun is too hot...but be able to retract it on cloudy days. i'm sure they would love it to have their logo. besides an awning company, are there any other ideas out there? big umbrellas etc? does anyone have a source or thought? thanks!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karyn,
check out SunSetter. They advertise on TV. You might also check out awning manufacturers who make them for RV's. I think they can be gotten in either manual or power operation.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my awning guy has a 18' sunsetter type retractable awning hes looking to get rid of, it currently has tan sunbrella on it, call me if you think you might want it.

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Larkham
Visitor
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Larkham   Email Robert Larkham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken, How much does he want.....I'm interested.

--------------------
Rob Larkham
Sign Techniques Inc.
Chicopee, Ma

Posts: 607 | From: Chester, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hows about that mesh stuff. its very durable lets a good bit of light in but really cuts down on the sunlight?

my awning company here says they re-cover alot of retractable awnings and said they are a pain to work with and repair and they do break. im just repeating what Ive heard

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Larkham
Visitor
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Larkham   Email Robert Larkham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to retractable awnings I think the RV ones are much more rugged. My Dad live full time on the road in an RV. I have looked through the catalogs and they go for $1000-$2000 for an average RV awning.

--------------------
Rob Larkham
Sign Techniques Inc.
Chicopee, Ma

Posts: 607 | From: Chester, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark zilliox
Resident

Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark zilliox   Author's Homepage   Email mark zilliox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
craiglist !

--------------------
mark zilliox
mark z signs
8425 pushaw station rd.
owings md. 20736
301-855-5407 thezs@earthlink.net
http://www.markzsigns.com

Posts: 348 | From: maryland | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the tips...i'll be headed there today. taking a ride on the chairlift to the top of the mountain(where the restaurant is located)and getting treated to lunch! wow...i feel special! this rarely happens to me in this biz.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Karyn,
I know you probably want the sale, but some vendors will provide your client with low cost of free umbrellas with the vendors logo on it.
Suggest to the client to check with their food and beverage distributors to see if they offer umbrellas.
From my experience, retractable awnings are an option, but they require a lot of attention and can be a lot of headaches too. At one company I worked for, we spent quite a bit of time fixing and replacing awnings that were damaged by wind or heavy rain because the client "forgot" to roll them up when bad weather rolled in.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Larkham
Visitor
Member # 2913

The one on my Dads RV will retract all by itself when the wind goes above a certain amount. That way if they are away from the RV the wind does not rip it off. I'm sure this option is a bit more pricey. Figure also they put it up and down many times a year as they are constantly on the move. Just 2 cents.

--------------------
Rob Larkham
Sign Techniques Inc.
Chicopee, Ma

KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

all good to know for sure!
checkers...i don't necessarily care about the sale if its something i can't provide myself, as i've never been big on being the middle man. if i have to recommend an awning place or get them something for free i will...i don't need to get involved further at that point. but if we are looking at mesh banners or something directly related to my business then lets play ball!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!