Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » latex on aluminum 4 year test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: latex on aluminum 4 year test
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a lawn mower place that asked me to do signs on the front of their renovated shop. the built a plywood facade and painted it reflex blue and yellow (yes itis ugly as hell BUT stands out)

he wanted signs up there after his painters were done. i got the paint from him (it was high quality) and painted aluminum panels because I refused to painted on the cheapass plywood he put up.

last week he had to repaint the front of that buidling. 2x4s were already popping off the yellow was faded and the blue was faded BADLY...my signs AWESOME. latex on aluminum has outlasted latex on wood. the building faces the west. for all you who do belive that down here in the south we can warp mdo in as little as a year beleive it. the sun down here will destroy anyhting in record time

this paint was damn good quality. the building was primed i watched them do this. i just cant imagine why my signs are still looking good and his building failed

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post pictures Bruce, let's see what you are talking about.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant post pics

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
either can I but there are people that can post for you Bruce.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this is the sign bruce is talking about...

-

[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

hmm.. not bad, the spacing is a bit off but I give it a 9 for effort

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The capital KN on the KNick-KNack is a nice touch... I gotta remember that trick.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

i have not mastered how to center stuff yet. but i won the bid and i got the job...you damn right. I WON!

--------------------

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the + is off to the right a little , but other than that...AWESOME!!

nice arch.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want me to get pictures for you Bruce? I know that place is a long way from your shop and all...

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

nah, I dont see the point. too much time to take the pictures

--------------------

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Bruce, let Pat to take some pics for you.
You do great work!

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too much time to take pictures?

[I Don t Know]

can't imagine what you did when we had to wait to get film developed [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you Bruce- I have been using only Latex since 1993. And I haven't had problems with it on anything but cement.
I won't go there- I am still licking my wounds and don't want to talk about it.

What the heck do you guys need pictures for? [I Don t Know] You can't figure out what Bruce's talking about? [Confused]

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

this isnt a post about pictures of the sign its about how well the latex has held, what the hell??!!

--------------------

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of paint was it Bruce, and does the sign get the same exposure as the building?

I am also curious what the subratate has to do with paint fading, One would think the aluminum would get hotter so heat can't be a cause of fading.

It would have been nice to see the difference between the faded wood and the aluminum. I can understand if you don't want to post pictures, but I had to bust you over that it takes too much time to take pictures [Smile]

especially in this point click, in a blink of an eye we have pictures world we live in today.
[Razz]

[ May 29, 2008, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time I drive by the location I will take some photos for you Bruce.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Jeff Margeson
Visitor
Member # 9145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Margeson   Email Jeff Margeson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hattie's Antiques...I bet they have some AWESOME lawnmowers in there!

GREAT SIGN!!!

--------------------
Jeff Margeson
High School Art Teacher
49 Kincaid St.
Bolivar, NY 14715
jmargeson@brcs.wnyric.org

Posts: 29 | From: Bolivar, NY | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, they're the ole push kind.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

ok look here boys and girls the building has already been painted so there is nothing to see, look at or take pictures of

the paint used on both the sign sna dthe building was from john lee paints it was their top of the line, i cant remember the name of it. Bob I agree i would have thought the aluminum would have popped it right off.

the yellow and blue of the building failed horrible quick, I dont get it. and yes the sign got just as much sun

--------------------

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

You are right Bruce.
I can't believe how much the dark blue color on the building has faded!
I had a chance to run by at lunch and snapped a photo.
Hope this helps.

-

[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Damn, he's got some arms on him...
I see where Bruce is talking about the Yellow and Reflex Blue on the building...That's really faded!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!