Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » No buggar on the gym floor but......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No buggar on the gym floor but......
Barbara Fleming
Visitor
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara Fleming   Email Barbara Fleming       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dave, Jillbeans, Nikki ,Michael,

A couple of months ago I asked for you guys help.

My town, and council,superintendents...etc, etc
all wanted me to do our new gym floor mascot. A large graphic of a wildcat head, in the jump circle. I have been doing all of our 3 schools walls of any mural or painted lettering etc. they needed for 20 years , plus have been all over the state doing to scale jobs for architects.

REMEMBER ME ????

The company doing the wooden floor for our gym ,graphic guys for all their wooden floors, had a meeting with all of the above and told me I was not professional enough to do it. He was very arrogant,and told me if I screwed up in any way, they would not warranty the whole wooden 100,000 dollar floor ,(which I understood.) So, after many hours of preparing, and getting all my research in to make sure the job would be great, I turned it down, right there in that meeting.

Though disappointed I wouldn't do it, the superintendent of the schools, superintendent of the job, commissioner board for the county accepted, that I would not put them in that spot. Also, I was a little disappointed, knowing that one day my 2 year old grandson would be playing in that gym, and look down and could say, my grandmom did that....especially after If I was dead and gone.
Shucks..Shucks

WELL GUESS WHAT !!!!!!They have just taken me in to review the other guys work, and HA HA . I am so excited. Mind you they are completely finished with the floor only the cleaning, last specs are happening, AND THE TWO COATS OF TOP COAT !!!!! but I messed everything up.

The graphic guy did an awesome job. BUT, where the template was pulled up for the wildcat stripes that are navy on yellow, there are lots of places where the navy seeped onto the yellow from the tape.Probably 30-40 places. You and I would have removed all of these. In fact I did their outside sign in front of the gym, that can be only seen from about 40 feet away, and I removed all those places like that.(Most people would......IF THEY WERE PROFESSIONALS.)

JillBeans, I also looked real hard for a buggar, but these places were so terrible looking I stopped looking for a buggar or nose hair.

HAHHAHHAHHHHAAAAAAAA

The superintendent of the schools said....

"OK Barbara we are holding the check, for this bunch,I am so glad that you found out these guys were not professionals. He said Thanks girl
Whelp, looks like they are going to have to come all the way back (3 hours away) and redo this whole job, like I said,we are holding their check." He was so excited they have a screw up. He said he had honestly, secretly had hoped they would.

In all of my 25 year career, I can't feel any more satisfied. I'm usually not that mean but, O WELL !!!We live in a very small town, town and county 4,000 people, so we are all real close and family like...and reallll Southern

I figured you would all love this....I just had to write you to tell ya.

Thanks again for all your help. Have a great Memorial weekend.

PS While I was at the new gym, the painting contractors were outside finishing up some walls, they happened to ask who did the sign on the front of the gym. I said I did, and he said WOW, my company need lots of work like that, could I please have your number and business card.The company will be pleased to find someone. This town is an hour away......so maybe one day I'll meet with the arrogant graphic folks again....
BUUUUUTTTTT, this time I will be prepared to be just as arrogant as they were to me........

TaTa gang

--------------------
Barbara Fleming
BF Goodbrush
Columbia, NC

Posts: 12 | From: columbia,nc usa | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What comes around goes aroud!
Not to laugh at anyone's misfortune, Barbara, but you just made my day.
Heck, you made my entire weekend.
Aren't you glad you DIDN'T do this job?
A professional would never have allowed a job like that to be called finished, much less cleared over with TWO top coats.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE it. The way the treated you, I now see that sometimes there is justice after all. I would want to know when they were coming back, and just walk through the gym and say, "problems boys? Should have hired a professional."

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Dave. I'd show up that day and "watch" to make sure they didn't mess up again. Tell them you are "quality control" hired by the school! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not being mean, it's enjoying karmic justice. [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darcy Baker
Visitor
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darcy Baker   Email Darcy Baker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbara, that's a great story. I'm glad it came back around your way.

--------------------
Darcy Baker
Darcy's Signs
Eureka Springs. AR.

Posts: 1169 | From: Eureka Springs, AR | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, good for you Barbara! Moon Pies all around!

See you in Alabama in November!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikki Goral
Resident

Member # 7844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikki Goral   Author's Homepage   Email Nikki Goral       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastico!

I am a firm believer in "what goes around" and "meant to be's".

So glad to hear you've received vindication!

--------------------
Nikki Goral
Image Advantage Signs
4050 Champeau Road
New Franken, WI 54229
920-465-4500
"Finish every day and be done with it. Tomorrow is a new day."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 928 | From: New Franken, WI (East Green Bay) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greedy pig always get stuck in the eye..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbara Fleming
Visitor
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara Fleming   Email Barbara Fleming       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a bunch guys !!!!

Yeah Jill, I'm so, so happy I turned down the job. Your coaching helped me a bunch in that meeting...and I was glowing when I walked to my car that day for feeling (in a slight way) I handled myself just as professional as they did.

But good lord, I've been peeing in my pants all day, wishing I could see their faces when the superintendent calls them. YaHOOOOOOOO

Dave, thanks again for talking on the phone with me...I swear I still wonder if you could make out my southern draw. Just today, I had to call in an order for vinyl to Pa., and the lady, said to another lady while I was listening "Did you take the order from this woman with the southern slang. %@*&%^$*$(((#* I about fell out of my chair laughing. Thanks so much, and yeah...I'm counting the days for "the pro's " return.

I have been thinking all day if I could find their website, comment on it and blab my story for the whole world to see......WHOAAAA now that is mean.

To the rest of you....thanks a bunch, I feel
""" I came..I conqured""""" I feel this happening today, is better than the money that I would have made. Just priceless !!!!!! Gosh I'm such a gremlin !!!

I'll keep you guys informed on what happens !!!

Have a great weekend....

--------------------
Barbara Fleming
BF Goodbrush
Columbia, NC

Posts: 12 | From: columbia,nc usa | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb, I would be willing to bet that they never show up. If they do, it will probably be to blame someone else for their misfortune. You get an A+ for professionalism, in my book. Ya' done good! Don

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!