Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sales of 1-Shot (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sales of 1-Shot
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRY RONAN !!!

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(lol Alan)

I agree that the Oneshot does seem different from the product I first used in the late eighties . . . the texture and viscosity of certain colours . . .some of it even smells different.

I do still use it, but it pays to be adapatable and try different approaches with regard to thinning, and that with regard to spraying vs brushing.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I've come to reduce almost exclusively with mid-temp reducers and also add a few drops of hardener to lettering applications. The only two things I use the oneshot for are pictorials and lettering. I rarely, if ever, and might as well say never coat a panel with it.

Someone mentioned other choices of paints and for background panels/finishes I use industrial enamels, and those only where the customer won't spring for an automotive finish . . .
(if longevity of finished peice is the goal, only automotive will do, the next best to this being the industrial finish)
My favorite industrial enamel is Bar-ox and also Miro-lac, both Devo products. I always prefer oil base. I also use these paints for pictorials but not as often for lettering.
old habits die hard.

At any rate . . . don'cha still think the price of a barrel of oil is the culprit of all our consumer woes???

lol

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diane Malesky
Resident

Member # 687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diane Malesky   Author's Homepage   Email Diane Malesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, I just found this post. I was in a hurry and just posted mine regarding the clear coat. Missed this one. I'm so busy running the shop. Wish I had a clone. Don't we all. [Smile]

Yeah, guess this is life. Nothing stays the same. But, I'm a firm believer in change! Maybe they'll hear us and rethink the product. Maybe not because of the Govt rulings now. I liked the China comment. LOL

I would gladly pay double or even tripple or quadruple for a nice product again. This is one of the few prodcts we use. 1 Shot has been my mainstay for 15-20 years. When we started experiencing these problems I looked on here (the BB) wondering what you all were experiencing. I have a friend who's experiencing the same probs.

I've used Chromatic - years ago and Ronan too. All about 12-13 years ago.

We're a small shop and our specialty is custom designed dimensional signs. Colorful and we try to create unique layouts. We're now able to incorporate digital graphics. We thought clear coating them was safe. We offer all kinds of the bread and butter stuff too. I just want to give my customer the BEST PRODUCT possible so we can sleep at night. We've had so many issues lately with the posts, paints, vinyls, etc... Now I realize it's the configuration of the products. I'm not whining, sincerely hope it doesn't sound like it, just dont' have too many sign people to share issues with. Thank GOD for the BB! This is where we can help eachother. I've only been in biz for approx 15 years, SO much to learn!!

Hopefully Ronan will be better. Not sure what I'll try next. I'm on a search. We'll look thru or mags, etc...

This is a great site! I don't have much time to get on but I'm going to plan to do so more often and become a member again.

Thanks again!

p.s. miss the Beatles too!! and my old schwinn. [Smile]

[Smile] [Smile]

[ May 01, 2008, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Diane Malesky ]

--------------------
Summit Signs
231 Victoria Rd
Venice, Fla 34293
sales@summitsign.com http://www.summitsign.com
Design Is The Difference.

Posts: 271 | From: Venice, Fla | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I should start a new thread for this question, but has anyone tried and/or tested the fairly recently new Letterville Merchant Fine Paints of Europe paints?

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I have used some of the FPOE... start a new thread and I'll write about it.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!