Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Isn't it Swell When...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Isn't it Swell When...?
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone comes to you asking for simple window lettering on the cab of their pickup and ends up ordering a whole new logo?
[Smile]
And they actually listen to your suggestions?
Feel free to add to the list!
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or a techie from the local cable company comes to fix your Internet and ends up ordering name,numbers and striping for his cabin cruiser ( Hey Pierre, all paint,no vynull!)
Mr.Peanut

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or one of your best customers has all the parts you need to fix your son's car and gives them to you free.

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am out walking the dog yesterday morning & my customer comes by saying he is "intercepting me", orders 2- 2'x3' real estate style job signs & pays me on the spot up front first!

What a good way to start a day!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....you can get twice as much mileage out of your underwear simply by turning them inside-out?! [Rolling On The Floor]

OH...sign related:....... "when the customer you "fired" for being a PITA calls you back, apologizes and ends up being a respectable, repeat customer?"

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just yesterday got a call to redo a boat transom that was done 15 years ago. He said it is starting to fade. I asked him if he thinks he got his moneys worth.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll ditto Bobbie 's & Bill's comments:

I was asking for a deposit on a large job, and they paid me in full, up front,

and a customer whose model-T Ford I striped in 1989 phoned up, well 19 years later, still happy with the job, and wanted me to go & stripe a 1903 curved dash Oldsmobile he's just restored. (Did that last month).

Something funny's going on over here- three different hairdressers have all called up within a week, wanting signage!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....when a hairdresser comes into your workplace and tells you... "You have really nice skin" [Rolling On The Floor]

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Stewart-Koster:
Something funny's going on over here- three different hairdressers have all called up within a week, wanting signage!

Hahaha... Ian. Words getting around that you're cute!!! My buddy tints windows and he was working on a hairdresser's car here in town one day... when the guy came in to pick up the car, he told my buddy (in front of a couple of his friends) "I just wanted to tell you, you have really nice skin."

We remind him of how nice his skin just every once in a while... he's never gonna live that down.. hehe.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good things happen to good people Jilly!

[Smile] Linnie

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darcy Baker
Visitor
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darcy Baker   Email Darcy Baker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of your vehicles quit running within 2 weeks and you realize it's only bad gas and some Lucas treatment gets em up and running.(Sign related-you need a vehicle)

--------------------
Darcy Baker
Darcy's Signs
Eureka Springs. AR.

Posts: 1169 | From: Eureka Springs, AR | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....... a customer likes something you did enough to write a thank-you letter?

(got one in the mail yesterday and it made my day......)

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....when the customer comes to pick a job off and says "You've outdone yourself again".

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know what it is with Hairdressers Ian ... I've done two jobs for them this week!

It's been a great week ... haven't had to do a single quote except for a quick "guesstimate" on site. Everything in so far has been regular customers .. "I need xxxxxx, when can you do it?"

AND it's been almost all PAINT!!!!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a customer called me recently, from OHIO, that I did a set of magnetics for in 1992! Said he couldn't get anyone there to do his logo right, and would I be able to re-do them? He sent me one of the old ones, and believe it or not, aside from a few cracks, they still looked pretty decent.

They're all hand lettered....bet these new ones won't last that long.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Fisher
Visitor
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Fisher   Email David Fisher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do a big $ quote for a customer that you know isn't one for being a bottom feeder.
You don't hear from them for an age and assume you have missed the boat and then they come in and order 3.

You get a new customer who listens to your advice and then gives you the go ahead without question because they had such a strong referral from a friend of theirs.

You have a chat on-site with a customer about what you're reading at the moment, and get back to the office to find a bag of excellent books delivered by them when they came in to pay. (Note to self: must return them now the last one is nearly finished)

You get back to the office and find 2 (very nice) bottles of 2000 vintage cab sav left by a customer who is moving and wanted to say thanks.

If only they were all like that, then again the good ones wouldn't be so apparent if it weren't for the rest.

--------------------
David Fisher
D.A. & P.M. Fisher Services
Brisbane Australia
da_pmf@yahoo.com
Trying out a new tag:
"Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth
Peter Ustinov

Posts: 1450 | From: Brisbane Queensland Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You put in a quote for a new customer for $5000 worth of signage and he comes back to you the enxt day witht he go ahead [Smile]

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Whitmire
Resident

Member # 3443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Whitmire   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Whitmire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or.... When you buy a 88 Porsche 911 with a newly rebuilt engine ($13,000) for only $13,500 thats in MINT condition and the customer gets you into his company and orders 44 vehical wraps at $2200.00 a pop... and he gets you involved with the Porsche club
and are now going on # 8 design for Racing Porsches... Life does not get better...

Rick@Trick

--------------------
Rick Whitmire
Trick Communications & Signs
Box 1124, Hudson, WI

Posts: 132 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

You buy you daughter a Barbie doll for no reason and she smiles all day, your son comes back from a visit to his future college and immediately asks you to put the decal in his window, the wife springs for Chinese food and you finish up early on the race car in the shop.
Tonight...dinner with friends.

I could get used to this.... [Smile]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when you go to letter a semi and they order a new double sided entry sign?
[Smile]
Somebody pinch me.
Love...Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Sartoris
Visitor
Member # 3466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Sartoris   Email Chuck Sartoris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When creeps that worked for you steal all the artwork and e mail you on Monday morning that they have quit.And now they are out of business. There is a God.

--------------------
CHUCK SARTORIS
THE SIGN SHOPPE/Sign*A*Rama Greensburg,PA

Posts: 14 | From: LATROBE, PA 15650 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got a nice sized check today from a client. There was a post-it note on it that just said "Thank you Duncan" [Smile]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4352 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...when you wake up April 30th to 2" of white crap on the ground, the propane heater in the shop won't light, there's less than a bushel basket of firewood left, and this order has to go out today. So you call the Peach's for a little cheer because you can.
Thanks Bob and Marcia.

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Del Badry
Visitor
Member # 114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Del Badry   Email Del Badry       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showing up at a flat glass window tint job,, guestimating you have enough left on the roll,, pull the last piece... and your good by 2".... silent dance...

--------------------
Del Badry
philmdesign
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Posts: 636 | From: Sylvan Lake, Alberta | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you have an Airbrush job on the table and you are procrastinating over it and the Customer comes in Monday morning after a month waiting, you expect to get chewed out but instead he hands you $500, you explain that you hav'nt even started it and he says that's OK, This is something to motivate you... this happened this past Monday!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

...you tell a customer who can't bring his vehicle to your shop that it'll cost more because of travel expense...he drives a truck for a living, understands why and doesn't argue a bit.

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
603-787-6803

Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...a customer says, "you are truely an artist."

(I gotta admit, that felt nice)

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Heller
Resident

Member # 2443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Heller   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Heller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dale, I think I quoted that guy with the magnetics, I thought I did OK on his logo!!!

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Bash]

--------------------
Rick Heller
Ohio Technical College
1374 E. 51st Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
IOAFS

Posts: 210 | From: Cleveland, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diane Malesky
Resident

Member # 687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diane Malesky   Author's Homepage   Email Diane Malesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a customer comes for a logo design then after seeing it buys the whole package - forms, signs, vehicle lettering, etc...

or when digging post holes and you don't hit any rocks!! [Smile]

the best is when someone allows me to carve a sign for them. That's my FAV!

Happy Day.

--------------------
Summit Signs
231 Victoria Rd
Venice, Fla 34293
sales@summitsign.com http://www.summitsign.com
Design Is The Difference.

Posts: 271 | From: Venice, Fla | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!