Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Walldogs on Nicollet July 24, 25, 26 & 27 2008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walldogs on Nicollet July 24, 25, 26 & 27 2008
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registration flyer for Walldogs on Nicollet meet is up and available on the Future Meets page and project leaders will be officially announced within a week or so.

Can't wait to sling paint with all my favorite people including you folks that I don't yet know. I do know you'll soon become more of my favorite people!

[ July 16, 2008, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good Carole,

I can't wait to sling some paint with you again and get back to see all my old friends in the Midwest area.

If you've been sitting on the fence wondering about these Walldog events, it's time to jump on in and get your brush wet. If you only do vinyl come on over anyway, I'll loan you a brush. Looking forward to doing some mural work in the sumer weather again.

Should be a great time as all these events are! Hope to see you all there!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep cant wait ether......Me and Velma are going to be there,Carole gets them Crabs ready......we need to have another race......he he he

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like it's going to be another great Walldog Meet. July will be here in a few months, time to get ready!!

Dale bring the Boom Blaster

Bernie, you bringin your crabs with you. I hear you been doing some underground training...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie, glad to hear you and Velma will be here. I'll get my net and head down to the Mississippi for some crabs..... as soon as the ice melts.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Parsons       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Carole,

It'll be so cool to be in the Minneapolis area again! Can't wait to see another gang of signfolks. Thanks a bunch for taking this project on.

bp

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Posts: 118 | From: Anchorage, AK / USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you wanting a hotel as opposed to a host home the one giving us a group rate is Microtel Inn and Suites about 15 minutes from the meet. Their address is:

801 E. 78th St
Bloomington, Mn 55420
952-854-6600

Just mention Walldogs on Nicollet and they should provide the group rate. Let me know if there is any question.

See you Soon!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going hitch hike up if I can find someone to take of vikin my german shepard
just can't miss this

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Great! Why don't you grab Jeff Ogden and throw him the car with you.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a stupid question...

What if we would want to come down and visit with people, but don't want to sign up?

Besides our financial situation the way it is right now, we have had less than friendly situations happen to us and friends that make neither one of us too interested in actually getting involved at any more walldog meets.

But with it being so close to us, we would hate to miss seeing some friends!

So how does something like that work out?

Thanks!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, you folks could come down and visit with us at our site. I promise you a good time. Bring some lawn chairs and your cooler and offer words of wisdom or otherwise. I don't think you have to register for that.

Sorry to hear about your situation and very sorry to hear about your walldog woes.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... was wondering!! It doesn't look like Bruce has any parades that weekend, and we could pack up some stuff in the Panel and head down for part of a day.

See ya!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dana

Hopefully you guys will have the chance to stop by my site to say hello, it would be nice to see you both again. I'd say that I would try and track you down but I have a feeling I won't by getting very far away from my own project.

Take care, c-ya there

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Please come down Dana! I've been meaning to give you a call but I seem to be kinda busy these days. Cheap excuse I know but it's all I've got.

Just get down here and feel free to participate in whatever way you want. There's lots going on on Saturday including free shuttle buses up and down Nicollet all day.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

David C. Petri
Visitor
Member # 6645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David C. Petri   Email David C. Petri       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy to be a part of this...I'm just going to burst! Hey Dale, I'll come by your site, if I can find it. No more pink, I promise...on yours, anyway. Are you bringing any Birch beer? or Chocolates? or...ferris wheel tickets?

--------------------
David C. Petri
Flying Peach Custom Paint
Green Bay, WI 54302
cell 920-246-7821

Posts: 79 | From: Green Bay, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Hey Dave,

I'm fresh out of Ferris Wheel tickets! I think I could round up some of the other stuff. Legacy has a store in the Cities. I could could come down to your site and advise you as to the proper flesh tones being used if you would like....even if you wouldn't like!

I just bought a new iPod for the event so we'll have a lots of tunes at my site.

I am really looking forward to this event too Dave. I'm hoping that everyone within an ear shot of this Walldog meet will drive/fly on over and have a good time with us.

And if you hear me screaming at someone for using too much pink just wave it off and stop by anyway!

c-ya all there!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

-Dr. Seuss

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The boys got Bill a new zune for Father's Day so we are storing up music too!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really looking forward to this one, and wetting a fitch, no, really Bill, I was! And singing "Born on the bayou" really loud with my CCR buddy. Not to mention the weather that is called summer up there...ahhh. But alas, life throws a curve ball now and then, and I'll have to live vicariously(sp?) through the photos posted here after the meet...DANG. Maybe next time.

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Folks,

Can there really be too much pink? Dale with you we are more concerned about being immortalized by one of your fine creations! Look out if Dale asks you to be a "place" marker for people in one of his murals! I'm sure I left my heart in Chippewa Falls or was that Mazeppa? I am feeling in the pink and ready for more walldog paint slinging! This is going to be an event to remember, guaranteed! The Four Lanes are coming with one extra. We promise to leave some painting for all who wish to join and well you know you owe it to yourself to be a keeper of the craft!

See you there!
Dawn Lane

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

For those of you who missed the post last week with directions Here it is again. Go to

http://walldogs.lyndale.org

and click on getting there. And then get here! The walls are getting prepped, paint is here, beds are being made up....

So.....

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are leaving Wednesday morning EARLY in a two car convoy.
See ya soon!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Wow! Walldogs on Nicolette has begun! Photos to come, lots of fine painting to be! Hope ya'll come on down!

Dawn Lane on behalf of all the Letterheads who are here already!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Check out the Jack Flash Wall-Blog to see how much fun we're having.... And then get up here and join in.

http://www.jackflashsigns.blogspot.com/

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Minneapolis is huge!!! Beyond anything I imagined it would be. St. Paul is pretty cool too. Just beautiful. There are so many cool people here and so many things to do...I hope that you all can make it. Be aware, there is construction, so plan alternate routes coming in. See you soon!

Dave Petri

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

I think I've figured out this photo thing.

Bob and Carole doing some late night slingin':

-

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

There's a mural going up on this here wall - and it's big... REAL big!

All you walldogs in the area we hope to see you and your brushes!!!

-

So, painters. get your brushes... we're going to need some help on this one!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Do you have a list of everyone who will be there?

Something came up that we can't come down on Saturday. So the only day we could stop by to visit, would be Friday afternoon and only if I talk time off work... no pay!

We would love to swing by and say HI, but with the cost of gas, etc etc etc... we have to make responsible financial decisions.

Geeeesh it sucks being an adult... [Razz]

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

We're packed and we're ready! We will be leaving at 4:30 AM Wed. for Minneapolis. [Eek!]

[ July 22, 2008, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure and tell General Meyer he has been promoted!!!

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much wish I could make the meet; yep, darn, it does suck being an adult....hi, ho, hi, ho it's off the pay the bills hi ho!
pics will be graciously accepted here!!!!!!
got some great weather, doncha! That's the best I could do; hope you have a lot of fun!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!