Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Versacamm Owners - How much do you charge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Versacamm Owners - How much do you charge?
Blake Koehn
Visitor
Member # 5984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blake Koehn   Author's Homepage   Email Blake Koehn       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 4 signs for a good steady repeat customer. The signs are 17" tall by 35" long, Digital print on PVC board, their design. These go inside, no need to laminate. How much would you charge? These go the the customers dealers.

Is a jigsaw the easiest way to round the corners?

Here is the design.

-

Thanks

--------------------
Art that sells.

There is joy in the journey.

Blake Koehn
www.prodigitalsupply.com
Macon, MS 39341
admin@prodigitalsupply.com

Posts: 493 | From: Macon, Ms | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't help you with the price for versa prints Blake, but if it helps, I've got a sign in the works right now, 18"x24" 6mm pvc covered with a digital print, customers design just basic type plus one small image they supplied, so only 10 minutes for me to setup, selling for $276.00 canadian.

If I were to quote yours as if I were doing it,
$116.00 for mutoh print on standard vinyl with liquid lamination, $21.00 for 6mm pvc, and one hour shop time at $75.00 for a total of $212.00
If you want to substitute for high perfomance vinyl print, $282.00

I mark up my prints 200% plus shipping at 200%, and 6mmpvc at 200%. Might take all of 1/2 to 3/4 hours to produce the sign with supplied artwork, but I would charge 1 hour minimum at $75.00

As for rounding the corners of pvc, I just use a sanding block and freehand them, and usually only 1/2" to 3/4" radius. PVC corners round off very easily with minimal effort and time. If I need more radius to the corners, I take it over to the disk sander and do it there.

Hope this helps alittle and I would be curious to see what others might charge for one like this, and also what you decide your price will be when you get it figured.

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how thick the pvc is that you are using, but with it indoors I would probably use 4mm and charge about $75-85 bucks a piece. Maybe I am well below the percieved value on something like this though.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blake,

SignCraft 2007 Sign Pricing Guide ( get one )

Digital Printing: Inkjet Page 42, Shop Charging $79 per hour:

up to 10 s.f. $13-13.50 add $3.50 s.f. laminate
11 to 35 s.f. $9.25-10.50 add $2.50 s.f. laminate
36 to 75 s.f. $8.25-9.50 add $2.50 s.f laminate
76 to 125 s.f.$7.50-8.25 add $2.25 s.f laminate

Thats for the print price suggestions.

Layout time and test print separate charge
PVC, foam board, whatever: Cost + markup

Labor time to laminate

SignCraft has shop rates divided into 4 colors of pricing tables:
Yellow = shops charging $44 per hour (insane IMO)
Green = shops charging $61 per hour (stupid IMO)
Blue =shops charging $79 per hour(competitive IMO)
Pink= shops charging $94 per hour ( you can try!)

[Smile]
get a book, people [Smile]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make 24"x36" digital print 6mm pvc $135 ea.
(job site signs)

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Whitcher   Email Tim Whitcher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three things determine price: overhead, profit margin, and market value. Basically, make sure your covered, make sure it's worth your time, and charge as much as possible without losing your customer. If all three things aren't covered, you're not charging enough. No "price guide" can figure this for you.

--------------------
Tim Whitcher
Adrian, MI

Posts: 1546 | From: Adrian, MI | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!