Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT- Passports - OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT- Passports - OT
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if I'm not mistaken, yesterday was the magic day when you can no longer fly across the border without a passport.Those of you looking to head North for the Canadian Meets might want to look into this fairly soon.
Just a heads up for you.
Thanks for the reminder Cat, you can uncover Ricky's eyes now. [Wink]

[ January 02, 2007, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I believe the revised date is Jan 23 2007.

That is for travel into or back into to the USA via air. That applies to US citizens and anyone else.

For ground travel the date is sometime in Jan 2008.

We travel a wee bit and have kept up with requirements, despite having had passports for most of our life.

Like the guy says "Don't leave home without it"!!

I can't imagine the difficulties of people who are going to try travelling without a passport in the near future.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply contact your local Post Office and request the paperwork, then make an appointment to submit it. Around $70US total plus a passport picture of yourself.

It is quite painless!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen a passport picture that looked painless. [Razz]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yer correct Si..it is soooo painless.

Why do people wait until the last possible time to get one??

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This do?

-

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I think that'll land you in an anti-terrorism cavity search back room Graham.

I like it though -er your passport, not the cavity search.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just having arrived back home from Vegas for Christmas, I can tell you the official date for airtravel without a passport is January 23rd. I have applied but don't have one yet.

I was informed by the customs/security agent that looked over my documents that even though the date is the 23rd, that I may still be denied boarding at some airports without one now. It's their option to accept or not accept other forms of id at this time. Luckily all was well and I had a great trip and no problems with my id at Vancouver international, Seatac Seattle, McCarren LasVegas or LAX Los Angeles.

Just a heads up, get it before you go if you can to avoid potential problems.

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came to Vegas and didn't call the "Grand Puhbah?" No skittles!!!

If my assesment of this subject is correct, then this new approach is welcome, for a long time now, I've been of the belief that most Canadians are underexcersised and this will go a long ways in teaching them to run, jump and swim...... [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Frank, I did think of you while I was there. But I hope you can understand my excuse\reason for not getting in touch with you, as it was the first time in over 30 years I have gotten to spend christmas with my father, and due to his failing health and disabilities from several strokes, I hope it's not going to be the last.

It was a wonderful trip, and I hope to be back in march for the nascar race on the new high banks. I will look forward to hooking up with you on that trip if you have some free time. Besides that, I just love scotty dogs too,

....medium rare with a pinch of salt is best! [Rolling On The Floor]

Ok just kidding, seeya in March!

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is a 3-4 year old passport still good? I heard something on the radio about passports now having computer chips or something.
Love....Jill
PS
Yes, it is!
I just checked out the US Passports site.
All current passports are valid until their expiration dates.

[ January 03, 2007, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Jillbeans ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Passport Photos: Funny story:

Friend of mine was touring Eastern Europe back in the 80s. He's one of those dudes who has a "5-o'clock shadow" at midday.

He was stopped on a very cold night at the Russia/Finland Border and made to remove the extensive growth accumulated on his journey with a razor and cold water. Seems he was clean shaven in his photo!

[Bash] [Bash] [Bash]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do we need a passport? Haven't you heard about the invasion?
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/286500/286955OtWS_w.jpg
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/286500/286884HMol_w.jpg

[ January 03, 2007, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Ricky Jackson ]

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
living on the gulf coast....i heard the other day....YOU NOW WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A PASSPORT.....if you go fishing past into INTERNATIONAL WATERS.....and its like 7 miles off shore......that sucks........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting in early 2006, the U.S. Department of State will begin issuing passports with 64K byte RFID (radio frequency identification) chips containing the name, nationality, gender, date of birth, place of birth, and digitized photograph of the passport holder.

All part of the plan and thats what MAY 2008 is all about.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right Joey. I have one word for you: hammer. The new passports have a special logo on them; the chip is behind the logo. Smack!, Done deal. The passport is still valid.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ricky you so easy....you belive that a hammer will take care of it? its like all the new cell phones.....has GPS tracking available on them....BUT YOU CAN TURN IT OFF...sure you can....you govt at work to protect you..........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

So that means that a hammer blow won't disable it? Hmmmmm... I guess the article was wrong.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/start.html?pg=9
Here's another "interesting" article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16322314/

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry Joe.

Ricky doesn't need a passport now!
I think he meant a rocket launcher to disable the chip! [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

next move is to IMPLANT CHIPS in YOU!!!!
just like the do youre pets today.......then they can track you all they want............

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For ground travel the date is sometime in Jan 2008"

Ran into name racer out of Canada today, he's telling of crossing procedures now that made him mad as hell...according to him, they show passports now, and so far this season, he's had his rig torn completely apart and searched, to never be put back to condition it was found in, each and everytime he's crossed the border...his schedule at one point made this a once a week occurance...he laughed at hammer suggestion, the penalty is pretty steep if caught...don't want it clipped? Don't hang it out!!! good advice on that one, though there should be some way to protect your personal information from lurkers/thieves/hackers...idea of national ID has to many pros to ever be shelved, it's happening, for one, it would be first sign of free national health care...

His trip this time is curing that problem, heheheh, he bought a house in Anthem...(shorthened his race trips from 1800 miles to 18-heheh)

[Applause] [Smile]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

SOME DUMB QUESTIONS.....
CAN SOME ONE IN THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM ...GET A PASSPORT?
CAN PEOPLE WHO ARE FOUND TRIN TO TAKE GUNS INTO CANADA......ABLE YO GET ONE?))))))))
CAN CANADIANS TRIN TO BRING CANADIAN VALUES TO THE U.S. ...GET ONE????????

[ January 07, 2007, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Paint..
Can I ask a question?

What is TRIN?

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

TRYING...........its a southern congigation....of that word.....like

IGNERT (adj). Not smart. See "Auburn Alumni."
Usage: "Them N-C-TWO-A boys sure are ignert!"

04/23/98
IMPA TICKLER (adv). Specifically.
Usage: "Whatcha doin tonite?" "Nuttin impa tickler."
(Special thanks to Lee Overstreet for today's word)

01/15/98
IN-TAR (adj). The whole quantity. All of.
Usage: "The After-Christmas sale applies to our in-tar inventory."
(Special thanks to Talbert Malone for today's word)

10/22/98
INJUN (noun). A machine that converts energy into mechanical force.
Usage: "Man, that truck sure has a big injun."
(Special thanks to Zameel Syed for today's word)

08/27/99
INNERST (noun). The rental cost of money.
Usage: "Greenspan just raised the innerst rate another 25 points."
(Special thanks to Steven A. Creasy for today's word, and to my Monetary Theory professor, Dr. Hooks, for teaching me the definition)

01/30/97
ITCH (contraction). Alternative spelling of ITSA.
Usage: "Thars a phone call fer yew. Itch yer waaaaf."
(Special thanks to Richard Omer for today's word)

9/9/01
JAPE (noun). A general purpose military vehicle currently manufactured by DaimlerChrysler.
Usage: "You see that new Jape Liberty? It looks like a BUG!"
(Special thanks to Dick Linder for today's word)

01/09/97
JAUNTSAMORE (phrase). Asking if one wants seconds at mealtimes.
(Special thanks to Adam Joshua Smargon of the University of Florida for today's word)

07/20/95
JAWJUH (proper noun). Highly flammable state just north of Florida.
Usage: "My brother from Jawjah bard my pickup truck."

10/29/98
JEET (interrogatory). An inquiry of if someone is hungry.
Usage: "Jeet?" "Nah .. didju?"
(Special thanks to comedian Jeff Foxworthy and hundreds of other TOURBUS riders for today's word)

09/24/98
JIN-WINE or JIN-U-WINE (adj). Authentic or real.
Usage: "Yer ditty gave me some jin-wine cubic zircominum jury."
(Special thanks to Ellen Lee for today's word)

02/26/00
JOURAH (noun). A person summoned to serve on a jury.
Usage: "There are twelve jourahs on a jury."
(Special thanks to Tuscaloosa County Circuit Court Clerk Doris Turner for today's word)

11/23/95
JU-HERE (phrase).
Usage: "Juhere that former Dallas Cowboys' coach Jimmy Johnson recently toured the University of Alabama?"
(Special thanks to my dad, the Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen, for today's word)

01/18/96
JUICY (phrase).
Usage: JUI-CY THAT THAR?

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

I actually thought the hammer idea was pretty darn good. I know that a hammer blow would destroy the chip but would not destroy the passport itself. It's supposedly the passport, not the RFID chip, that you have to have. Am I missing something?

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your labido?
It's gone forever cooter, no sence missing it.

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!