Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Just saw a crash outside of my shop.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just saw a crash outside of my shop.
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A car going way too fast ran off the road flipping several times. It threw two little boys out after it broke a tree 6 feet off the ground. I ran as fast as I could to the crash until I saw the little boy not moving . One was moving yelling for help. My employee ran to him and I went to the little guy that wasn't moving. I didn't want to but had to see if he was breathing. I could only walk to him slowly. There was blood under his head and didn't look good. I leaned over him as he gasped for breath in a sudden jolt. People started running around and I just knelled down over him whispering in his ears. Helps coming, Helps coming, Everything is going to be all right. I wouldn't let anyone get near him or try to touch him. He was laying in a ant hill and I had to try to keep the ants off of him. This was the worst thing I have ever gone thru. He was the same size as my 5 year old little boy and it feels like someone has ripped my heart out. They have taken him away but he is not responding to pain stimulus but breathing. I am so upset and mad right now. Why didn't they have their seat belts on!!! It is one thing to make that decision for yourself but to put kids in harms way. If I ever see a small child unbuckled it probably wont go well. Buckle yourselves and your kids up! Make sure you go home and hug your kids and think about the little boy.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its things like this that made so many States pass seatbelt laws, not just for children but for everyone.

I've spoken to First Responders and its heart wrenching to hear some of the stories they tell just like yours.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myron Bernard
Visitor
Member # 5932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myron Bernard   Author's Homepage   Email Myron Bernard       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first time I've posted on this site(I've been lurking around for a long time), but I had to respond to this one! I feel for you man. That had to be scary! DEFINITLY, ALWAYS, CONSISTENTLY Buckle Your Kids! God, I hope that kid will be alright. As I read this I couldn't help but think about my 4 year old girl. Post back if you find out anything about him.

Myron

--------------------
Myron Bernard
RO-MAC Trophies & Signs
115-P Hampton Pl.
Greenwood, SC 29646
864-229-9277
signs@ro-mac.net

Posts: 3 | From: Greenwood, SC | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speachless... but sending prayers

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, I applaud you for your sensitivity and thoughtfulness, you are genuine.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really tough! I'm with you all the way on the buckling up. It really gets me going when I see people who don't make their kids sit in car seats or boosters when they should, or even just buckling when they are older.

Hang in there little guy! Let us know if you hear anything.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, please let us know if the people are ok.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan...your comforting words may be the thing that saves that little fella....you're an inspiration.

Prayers from Potterville for that family too....keep us posted.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even when there is no other response, often the person can still hear. Hopefully, he was comforted by your loving care. Our prayers go with him and you.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with you my friend. I've been there too many times and I know exactly what you feel.

The image stays with you for a few days, But thankfully it passes.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ryan, I applaud you for your sensitivity and thoughtfulness, you are genuine.
I couldn't say it better.

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go home, hug you kids, your wife, and talk with them about how you feel about what you experienced. Talking about what you have witnessed will help somewhat in dealing with the overwhelming feelings you have now or will have to deal with in the near future.
An experience like the one you have just had will leave a lasting impression on you.

You are on the right road talking to us about it.

An accident always affects more than just the people directly involved, it affects anyone who witnesses, helps, responds, treats, and cleans up afterwards.

You are a good person to help, and talking to a victim, re-assuring them is helpful and calming for them and all those involved.

I've been where you are, it does get easier over time.

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for not just standing around. You're a good guy!
Cat

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buckling up is still an option in the states?!? Crazy.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what an experience to have to deal with. Your words express how deeply this affected you. In moments like that it is hard to be as helpless as we truly are. My heart goes out to you. Kudos to you for giving what you could. At that moment I'm sure it was a help to the kid. I hope he is OK and glad he had someone caring to be with him until medical help arrived. Be easy on yourself for a day or two, Ryan, this kind of experience takes a lot out of a person.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, under the dramatic situation you did the right thing. Your story gave me a flash back of something I saw terrible on a freeway once, almost 30 years ago now. It's weird how in a split second a persons life can change. I hope the children are ok, who was driving the mother or father? What's their condition?

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know how the he does, Ryan.

Prayers here...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca Al Checca has just turned 52
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Ryan what can we say to that. I watched a small child run out in front of a car one day getting hit and it was horrifying to see… I know what you mean.

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And having a little one of your own only brings it closer to home. We will all be thinking of him and sending our good thoughts. Take care Ryan.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, that must have been quite an ordeal for you.
I'm glad that you were there, you have a strong presence and probably kept others wanting to help from moving the little boy. That could have further injured him.

It's a shame that parents negelect to buckle up their kids or themselves.

Hopefully your care on the ground might save the child. I know that this trauma will stick with you for years regardless of the outcome.

I'll say a prayer too.

Before Easter a 2,000# wood chipper improperly hitched to a truck broke loose in traffic and killed a dad and two of three 4-year-old triplets who were all buckled into car seats. People here are still shaken from it.

love....jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out his name is Devon. I cant find anything out other than that. It wasn't in the paper even though they airlifted him to Charlotte. NC. I have a police friend trying to find out something. I am hoping no news is good news. I will let you know.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland Pinan
Visitor
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roland Pinan   Author's Homepage   Email Roland Pinan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan you did all you could man,that had to be a hard thing to see.I lost a very good friend of mine a week ago.It reminds us of how fragile life can be.Thoughts and prayers for you and the family ivolved in this accident.Lets be good to each other,for family and friends are all that we really have.

--------------------
Cobra Pinstriping & Signs
907 E Skagway Ave
Tampa, FL 33604-1747
(813) 933-9096

Posts: 46 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Poor little boy! He has a broken spinal cord. Broken collar bone. Broken ribs. Brain hemmorage and is in critical condition with a tracheotomy. They say the kids were buckled up! Dad was wearing his belt but the kids needed a booster seat. I will let you know more when I get more

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

Winter Muster 2004

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, Ryan. That had to be rough! You handled it like I would hope anyone would if it were a child. You were 'there' for him, which is about all you really could do. He will remember that kindness, I'm sure!
Joe and his friend were at the friend's house while they were in high school and two motorcycles hit head on around a curve. Both boys ran out to offer what assistance they could, but there really wasn't much they COULD do. They were first on the scene and neither really wants to tell (Mom especially) what they saw. Both motorcyclists had no helmets on, so that was part of it, but I'm not even sure even that would have done any good. Pretty tough for a couple high school kids to deal with!
Joe says he has no desire to ever ride a motorcycle, especially withut a helmet!

[ August 25, 2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there buddy! You did what you could! That little guy will never forget that hug!

Gotta be tough.... YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doubling the prayers here for Devon.

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry VanHorn
Visitor
Member # 4704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry VanHorn   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry VanHorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers sent

I have read statistics that show many carseats are used improperly.

I will watch for an update

--------------------
Jerry VanHorn, Pres.
Pure Sports Designs, LLC
Pro Sign Design / United Wholesale Signs
www.prosigndesign.com www.unitedwholesalesigns.com
West Liberty, OH
937-465-0595
866-942-3990
Since 1990

Posts: 925 | From: West :Liberty, OH | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers be with that little child, and you acted in a very wise way. Ryan, since you posted, I am going to copy the information, just to let those with children know about the booster seats "every" time.
Jill, the story you told just wrenches my heart also.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's Ryan doing?? Hoping your little buddy is doing OK!

Mark

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!