Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Brush Bash 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brush Bash 2
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We posted a few photos to share.

http://web.mac.com/fourlanes/iWeb/Lane%20Photos/Chippewa%20Falls%20Brush%20Bash%20II.html

Huge thanks to Hunter,Lindsay, Natalie and Kurt! Kim, Mary and well the whole town. We had an amazing time!

The tipi people.

[ August 10, 2006, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't open it. Is it just my browser?

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should be good to go now. Thanks for the photos Steve & Dawn. We gotta get together this Summer and do some pickin and grinnin.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys

thank for sharing your pics.....and a special hey howdy howdy for the little concert you put on for us the last night you were in town.

I'm still here, going to work on the woolen mills wall for a while.

take care, I'll get you some pics of the finished murals as soon as they are all done.

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Gaber   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Steve and Dawn,

I'm actually home tonight early for the first time in weeks. It's our 21st wedding anniversary today, and Nat and I went out for dinner. I was touching up the screws on the Harley panel until just after 7:00 pm and I had to scoot. Jon, Dale and myself got the sign installed and Jim Schuh was on the lift with me touching up screw heads. It feels so good to get these final couple of signs complete. Without your extra effort to stay another day and finish things up on Buffalo Bill, we'd be having longer days yet.

I'll second Dale's mention of your special dedication concert on Monday night. That was very moving and in front of that huge crowd, you must have been very nervous (wink) For those of you who were at the meet, this new courtyard had a new stage built, and Steve and Dawn came late in the night and performed the courtyard's first concert and dedicated it our fallen band leader "G". "Paint The Town Red" was a great tune, and how fitting to our Marching Cardinals.

I have a ton of great pictures to post, and some of those include the concert. That mini-concert is what I envisioned happening on Saturday night with everyone there, but our large workload changed that idea. I feel a sense of guilt for having taken on so much, and it didn't allow for a huge amount of entertainment, but the dedication from all of our Letterhead friends really showed and everyone worked hard to complete their projects. When it is all said and done though, you just can't imagine how proud our town is and the positive comments just keep coming in.

Thank you both again (and you too Carole!) for working so hard and for giving Chippewa Falls a treasure from the past with the Buffalo Bill project. A gentleman commented to Jim Schuh (Main Street co-host for the meet) that he had an original poster of the Buffalo Bill visit from 1916 and he paid 100.00 for it, and another 100.00 to get it delivered. It is in rough condition, but he pulled it out of his attic after he saw the painting that was installed yesterday.

I'd sure like to hear Steve play again sometime...

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI
Thank You Letterheads for being a part of both Brush Bashes in '02 & '06!

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Posts: 315 | From: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Lane
Visitor
Member # 5850

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Steve Lane   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Kurt,

Glad to hear that things are nearly wrapped up and up to everyone's satisfaction! We will certainly always be proud to have been part of the Chippewa Falls "Dream Big" meet part 2. The music in Harmony Courtyard, from Dale's super blaster, to "G"'s presence, to Steve's sweet harmonica right down to my own toe tapping is with me even yet. We will try to get you a tape of a few of the songs that we played. I shipped Hunter that book I told you about, "Bear Says North". All the stories are part of an oral story teller tradition, I attempted to tell him Raven's story while "colorizing" Pawnee Bill. I share this bit so you can remind Hunter that grown-ups too love stories. Just ask Howard. Between Howard and Shelia we had nothing but full-on entertainment. I hope we never forget how delightful it is to blend colors, fill in outlines, clean-up the layout, meet the neighbours....as Letterheads we make fun that lasts and lasts. Thank you again for letting us lend a hand! If you get to see that original Buffalo Bill poster I'd love a photo!
I doubt the original has anything close to the masterly painting of Carole Bersin. Anyone who thinks painting of such quality can happen any faster is daft! I am still in awe!

Have a great day!
Dawn
P.S. Steve and I celebrate 21 years of marriage on Aug. 31. Lucky in love,like the Gabers!

--------------------
Steve Lane
jackflashsigns
19894 Yonge Street
Holland Landing ON
(905) 886-9656
jackflashsigns@rogers.com

Posts: 34 | From: Holland Landing ON (serving the GTA for over 30 years) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!