Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Raising boys - OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raising boys - OT
Jerry VanHorn
Visitor
Member # 4704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry VanHorn   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry VanHorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was forwarded to me from a friend. I have a 5 year old son and can see him doing quite a few of these.

RAISING BOYS...AND, TURNING HAIR WHITE

RAISING BOYS

a) For those who have grown children - this is hysterical!

b) For those who have children past this age, this is hilarious.

c) For those who have children this age, this is not funny.

d) For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning.

e) For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control.

The following came from an anonymous Mother in Waterloo, NY: Things I've
learned from my Boys (honest and not kidding):

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house
4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with
roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded
restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong
enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman

cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread

paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When
using a ceiling fan as a bat , you have to throw the ball up a few times
before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit
by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already
too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a
36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year
old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still
can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials
show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not
like ovens.

20.) The fire department in Waterloo, NY has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms
dizzy.

22) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with
or without kids.

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake
fluid.

--------------------
Jerry VanHorn, Pres.
Pure Sports Designs, LLC
Pro Sign Design / United Wholesale Signs
www.prosigndesign.com www.unitedwholesalesigns.com
West Liberty, OH
937-465-0595
866-942-3990
Since 1990

Posts: 925 | From: West :Liberty, OH | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry VanHorn:
fluid.

[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Webb:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry VanHorn:
fluid.

[Rolling On The Floor]
And the really funny thing is when I read that, I thought to myself, "Is this true?...HMMM, I know where I keep the brake fluid in the garage, I wonder if there is any clorox in the laundry room?"

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Running out the door right now to go buy Clorox and brake fluid. I will keep you posted...

No, he won't!!!*

*Editted by Dana

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some girls run a pretty close second. Here is my take from just one of my daughters.

1. Backs of toilets break when looking for the Tidy Bowl guy.

2. There is a waterfall in the basement when the back of the toilet breaks off upstairs.

3. Its along dark, walk in the middle of the night when you have to go the bathroom in the basement because the toilet upstairs is STILL broke.

4. Dad's shaving cream belongs on the bathroom sink still in the can...not filling the toilet bowl up.

5. Mom's mink oil is for her boots not greasing the toilet seat.

6. Dishwasher soap is used in the dishwasher, not DISHWASHING soap.

7. Dishwashing soap in the dishwasher can fill up a kitchen real fast.

8. Cats don't swim well in above ground swimming pools. In fact they sink or float on the surface after a few minutes.

9. Parakeets can't move on the ground fast enough to get their whole body thru a closing door.

10. Ground coffee in a cup of water does not make good coffee made in the microwave.

11. A new can of Crisco and pre-sweetened Kool-Aide mixed make a good artist media for spreading on mom's new cupboards and kitchen carpet...at 3:00 a.m.

12. Mom's watch is not for taking apart and fixing...expecially when it wasn't broke.

13. Quietly moving everything aside in the bottom cupboard, crawling in, and then watching mom's go frantic for 30 minutes looking for you, is not acceptable.

14. A pocket full of red crayons in a wash cycle leaves dad's underwear with red streaks.

15. Red crayons in the dryer leave the dryer with red spreaks.

16. Sheets are not made for tying together, swinging out your window onto the upper level roof and then quietly watching while mom and dad go frantic looking for you.

17. Sitting quietly on the peak, over the end, of a 26' high barn roof will cause mom run around the yard a lot...looking in all directions...except.

18. Mom will not believe you when you tell her that you didn't gouge her antique Piano desk.

19. Your sister did not gouge YOUR name in the piano desk.

[ May 30, 2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Laura Butler ]

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one about boys....

A weeble will stop up a toilet when flushed.

The stupid grin on a weeble's face looking up at you, as it's lying in a supine position in the drain hole, and knowing it was your 2 year-old who did it, is so hilarious that it will make you forget your displeasure of having to completely remove the toilet. [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid. [/QB]

And 100% of those men will be disappointed that it doesn't do anything at all when mixed.

Been there, done that. Bleach and ammonia is the fun stuff. [Wink]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's a few from our family:
1) Yes the toilet plunger will take up the old style tiles from the kitchen floor
2) winning the game of who can get the most floor tiles up is not as satisfying as one would think
3) If you start Mom's dress on fire in the closet because you just don't like it- that is not all in the closet that will burn- sometimes the whole top of the house will come off
4) if you tease your grandfather from a distance because he has a cane and can't get to you fast enough- there are 2 ends to that cane and one has an incredible capacity to hook arms, legs or whatever appendage is closest
5) chasing the barn cats with implements will get your Mother chasing you (and possibly with her own implements)
6) beebee guns should be checked for ammunition before you check the "air pressure" on your own hand, as when they go in there is no blood-just a red mark
7) if you should decide after shooting yourself in the hand to then check for ammo- don't shoot Gramma's new thermometer off the wall
8) beebees show up on Xrays really well

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bleach and ammonia is the fun stuff,
Nope.. Powdered HTH pool chlorine and Brake Fluid is the fun stuff... DANGER, it will self ignite.. NEver keep your bucket of HTH pool chlorine under the brake fluid shelf in the garage. And dotn ask me how I found out...

NEver

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis hammond:
quote:
Bleach and ammonia is the fun stuff,
Nope.. Powdered HTH pool chlorine and Brake Fluid is the fun stuff... DANGER, it will self ignite.. NEver keep your bucket of HTH pool chlorine under the brake fluid shelf in the garage. And dotn ask me how I found out...

NEver

Serves ya right for not using a salt system to keep the pool happy. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie Fox
Visitor
Member # 6523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie Fox   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right Jerry...(c)for those who have children this age: this is not funny. Not funny at all....

--------------------
Stefanie Fox
Fox Design Studio
Atlanta, GA

Posts: 181 | From: Atlanta GA, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid kid prank at summer camp:

Fill pie plate with powdered chlorine, fill styrofoam cup full of brake fluid and put it in the pie tin and float it out into the lake.

It took about five minutes for the brake fluid to eat through the cup, hit the chlorine, and make one dang impressive fire. Just long enough for a bunch of juvenile delinquents to run all the way back to where the "adult supervision" was so we, errrr, they could not be blamed.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and don't forget -
"The Early Bird Gets the Worm"
- -however; the 2nd mouse gits the cheese. . . . .

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reminds me of the time my weird brother in law pulled a stunt -
they had been to the Mid -South Fair & had a bunch of helium balloons - this was back in the mid 70's when my parents had a cabin on the lake - dude took 3 or 4 balloons & tied em together, attached an Easter basket below, set 3 or 4 candles inside the easter basket & lit em - he released that contraption off the end of our dock over the lake - - - -I remember watching him launch it & it made my Dad mad as Hell - -he said that damn fool is gonna start a fire - -
sure enuff, it landed on the other shore 'bout half a mile downstream & started a fire - it scorched about 3 or 4 acres before the volunteer F.D. got ahold of it . . .
I have to admit is was cool watching it take off over the lake - it was right at dark - we watched it till ascend to bout 400' - it was oughtta sight -

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate!!!
Funny!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my girlfriend and I each had three boys and we used to cry when we would go shopping, walking through Sears, wanting to buy frilly little girl things. But having LIVED thru three boys and having five girls live next door at the neighbors, I'll take boys ANYDAY! Girls would be even MORE "high maintenance", I think!
[Eek!]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure the older ones have condoms with them at all times! Better safe than sorry.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Jane - 3 gurls here - oldest is 14 she has suddenly taken a serious interest in cooking - she prepared a fantastic dinner last night - (she had given me a shopping list of ingredients she needed yesterday morning)) Stuffed Pork Loin chops; Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ real butter & brown sugar; Pinto Beans; Pickled Green Tomatos; Hot Rolls; Sweet Iced Tea; Brownies for Dessert. . .
Couldn't have bought a better meal -

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!