Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » coreldraw

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coreldraw
john randall
Visitor
Member # 2450

Icon 15 posted      Profile for john randall   Email john randall       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello i'm using coreldraw 9 thinking of upgrading to the lastest and greatest new corel program is it corel12 or is it the new corelx3 could use some advise thanks

--------------------
john randall
signman
130 Magnolia Trail
Lumberton, TX

Posts: 163 | From: Lumberton, TX | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi John,

The latest version is CorelDRAW X3. X3 has many new features but it does crash sometimes. I'm sure a service pack with be coming soon. I recommend that you save your work often.

IMHO it is definitely worth the money to upgrade.

There are other recent threads on the board regarding X3 so you may want to check them out.

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john randall
Visitor
Member # 2450

Icon 15 posted      Profile for john randall   Email john randall       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks what is imho?

--------------------
john randall
signman
130 Magnolia Trail
Lumberton, TX

Posts: 163 | From: Lumberton, TX | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my humble opinion... [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Eisenreich
Visitor
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Eisenreich   Email Steve Eisenreich       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John I have been using the new X3 since it came out and it has not crashed for me yet. I do think it would be a great upgrade for you to go from verson 9 to X3 and if you are worried that it will not work perfectly keep version 9 on as backup till you are comfortable with the new CorelDraw. CorelDraw has a link from the letterheads merchants page.

--------------------
Steve Eisenreich
Dezine Signs
PO BOX 6052 Stn Forces
Cold Lake, Alberta
T9M 2C5

Posts: 774 | From: Cold Lake | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Barker
Visitor
Member # 2972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Barker   Email Eric Barker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I upgraded from CD 9 to X3 and it was well worth it. I haven't had any crashes and the new features are great.

--------------------
Eric Barker
Rosewood Design
LaGrande,Oregon

Posts: 107 | From: La Grande, OR | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Duckett
Visitor
Member # 4505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Duckett   Email John Duckett       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also just upgraded to X3 from 9. So far, there's no way I would go back. There are way too many new features. I haven't had much problem learning the new features since there is a hints docker and the manual.

--------------------
John Duckett
Strike Creative
Greenwood, South Carolina

Posts: 277 | From: Greenwood, SC | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John..I have been running ver 12...Since I am in Mexico, all I could do was download the trial version of X3.

From what I saw, I will be buying the new version as soon as we get home.

From 12 to X3 is good enough to make the purchase...From 9 to X3 is gonna be an eye opener for ya!!!!! [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John- you'll need Win XP for version 12 & over- it won't work on Win 98.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got X3 2 weeks ago and just love it! Went from 10 to 12 and did not like 12 , went back to 10 to wait for this new version to come out. Just got to get it
I have 3 diffeent work stations and it asn't crashed yet.

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Marquis
Visitor
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Marquis   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Marquis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if X3 will open version 8 files.
When I went from v4 to v8, v8 wouldn't open my v1 files. I had to open them and save them with v4 first. That was a big pain in the butt.

Dan

--------------------
Dan Marquis
Marquis Signs
Lewiston, Maine
dan@marquissigns.com

Posts: 118 | From: Lewiston, Maine, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X3 will save back to ver 7

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one the quirks (if you are using multiple versions) is the new clipart will not import or open in anything lower than the X3 ver. I guess you you could save it down to whatever ver.

I too, upgraded from ver.9 to X3- I am still in the process of getting used to some of the new features and where they are located.

Go ahead and upgrade!

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russell Brown
Visitor
Member # 6422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russell Brown   Email Russell Brown       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody use Illustrator? What version do you recommend learning. I don't think they make the newer versions of Corel Draw for Macs.

--------------------
Russell
hobadoxa
PO Box 365
Buffalo, NY
716-570-5200

Posts: 1 | From: buffalo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john randall
Visitor
Member # 2450

thanks for all the great input i purchased it thursday or friday and hope it will be in tomorrow thanks again

--------------------
john randall
signman
130 Magnolia Trail
Lumberton, TX

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russell,

There has been a few post recently about what design software people are using. You might want to do a search for them? I have an older Version of Corel (9) but I pretty much use Illustrator CS and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.

Both packages of software do their own thing a little bit differently and well, but as you mention above the newest version of Corel is not available for the Mac so I will stick with using what is working for me now.

good luck

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!