Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Safari at the Zoo update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Safari at the Zoo update
Tod Swormstedt
Visitor
Member # 2017

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tod Swormstedt   Author's Homepage   Email Tod Swormstedt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some updates for the international meet, set for June 16-18 in Cincinnati . . . First, we have been invited to create a mural (tho' the details like size, etc. are to be worked out) for the Cincinnati Zoo which will be themed around their annual Halloween deal call HallZOOween. Stay tuned for more . . . Secondly, y'all are going to get the chance to create a parade float for museum, which will appear in the annual Cincinnati July 4 parade. We'll use discarded neon sign cans and arrows, which, of course will be re-painted with a red, white and blue theme. I plan to have these arrows and sign cans already mounted--aesthetically so--on the Museum's smaller (10-ft.) trailer, ready for lettering with whatever your creative minds can come up with
(remembering, of course, it's the American Sign Museum and Independence Day . . . and thirdly, we moved the reception at the museum to Friday night and will have live music from Jake Speed and the Freddies--a kind of Cincinnati-style John Prine. Just do a search for "jake speed" to get a sampling of his tunes. More later!

--------------------
Tod Swormstedt
American Sign Museum
407 Gilbert Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45202
ph 800-925-1110, ext 336
fx 513-421-5144

Posts: 35 | From: Cincinnati, OH USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tod,

I have many, many already painted out panels for the Meet, many shapes and sizes as well. Also Easels, and tables. Are you coing up to Minnesota for some Neon repair? Let me know what else you need to get set-up....I'll be there early to help out. Can Wade and I skip out and see the Reds Play? I need a Bengals Tiger shirt for my seminar.
Jake Speed sounds FUN!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Dirkes
Visitor
Member # 1000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Dirkes   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Dirkes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake Speed & the Freddies are a hoot
They rock, a little rock-a-billy blues!

--------------------
Bill Dirkes
Cornhole Art LLC
Bellevue, Ky.
Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Posts: 591 | From: Bellevue,Ky. US | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me
It's all happening at the zoo.

I do believe it,
I do believe it's true.

It's a light and tumble journey
From the East Side to the park;
Just a fine and fancy ramble
To the zoo.

But you can take the crosstown bus
If it's raining or it's cold,
And the animals will love it
If you do.

Somethin' tells me
It's all happening at the zoo.

The monkeys stand for honesty,
Giraffes are insincere,
And the elephants are kindly but
They're dumb.
Orangutans are skeptical
Of changes in their cages,
And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.

Zebras are reactionaries,
Antelopes are missionaries,
Pigeons plot in secrecy,
And hamsters turn on frequently.
What a gas! You gotta come and see
At the zoo.

(Simon & Garfunkle)

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!