Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » News about AMAL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: News about AMAL
Doug Bernhardt
Resident

Member # 1568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Bernhardt   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Bernhardt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letterheads Magasine Update.

First the good news....the overdue issue is at the printers and will be in the post shortly. As the first or maybe second subscriber I look forward to every issue...the next and others will follow in a more timely fashion.

More good news.....Jeff has got some help. It's worth bearing in mind that the magasine is truely a work of passion and our friend here had bit off more than he could (and knew how) to chew. This is solved.

and yet, More good news.... Each and every subscriber will get his 4 issues per year no matter what.

Submissions...the magasine loves seeing what everyone is up to. Letterhead events is still the "raison d'etre" (reason to be)and welcomes your input and submissions. In the past many of these were made with valuable photos, originals and otherwise. As Jeff explained it is a full time job just returning mail and somethings did drop through the cracks. With the "staff" changes etc of the past this is understandable and regretable AND will be adressed. In the last few years technology is such that it is easy for us all (even Ludite me) to scan originals and send these or digital photo's to the magasine address on a CD. Hopefully soon you will also be able to use the website.....more on that later.

And now the bad news....some of the back issues are no longer available. Check with Mildred in subscriptions and she'll be able to get you updated on which ones are and are not. Someone told me they saw one for sale on e-bay....anyone know anything about that?

--------------------
Doug Bernhardt
Bernhardt Signs
Ottawa Ont.

Posts: 121 | From: ottawa ont. canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the Best news I've heard all day!

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean that subscribers will get the remaining issues rightfully theirs (I paid for 3 subscriptions and each of us got at most 2 AMALS that year)
Just wonderin'....glad things are back on track.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Lang
Visitor
Member # 336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Lang   Email Jeff Lang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Bernhardt,
Thanks for posting the update on the current state of the magazine.
Doug has been a key component since the begining of the magazine, & recently has been assisting in rounding up the help the magazine has needed.
Subscribers should find V9N3 in their mailboxes in the next few weeks.
I am sorry to have kept you loyal subscribers waiting as long as you have and would like to say thank you for your patience.
To answer Jill's question, Yes. Anyone who has subscribed , will receive their 4 issues per subscription they paid for, no matter how much time has gone by.
The next issue has coverage of many Letterhead meets, & that can't happen without help from attendees like you. At the next gathering, send us along a report with photos so we can share them with the readers. High resolution digital photos are the most convenient, as alot of folks have digital cameras now. Tell us who did which panel, maybe what technique was employed, or unique materials used. We can't be at every meet, but we can relay it on to all of our readers with you as the new LetterHead Magazine staff.
Look for some great new things happening with A Magazine About Letterheads!
Thanks folks,
Jeff

--------------------
Jeffrey P. Lang
Olde Lang Signs
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

oldelangsigns@msn.com

Posts: 157 | From: Pittsburgh, PA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jeff....I look forward to finding the next issue in my mail box!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Segale   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Segale       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff and Doug....
to fine and repectable gentleman puttin it together...
I take back all I've ever said
(did I say something)
nice seeing you both again and
keep up the passions that make you both fine craftsmen!

--------------------
Tony Segale
Segale Fine Art & Gold Leaf Sign Co
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

""and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear"

Posts: 216 | From: Lodi,CA,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jed Pedersen
Visitor
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jed Pedersen   Author's Homepage   Email Jed Pedersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jeff,

Looking forward to them... [Applause]

Jed

--------------------
Jed Pedersen
Graphic Air
157W 300N
Malad, Idaho 83252

Posts: 166 | From: S.E. Idaho | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,
I guess you never got back to that thread about AMALlast month, so I am pasting in my question for you again:

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Allan:
Jeff, what issue is 3 months behind? I just want to know if I missed one or 2 in the mail, since I signed up in December 2004 & only recieved 2 issues. As others have stated, they are worth waiting for... but there is no point "waiting" for one (or 2) that aren't coming because they already went out & mine didn't arrive for some reason... & since a lot of people are asking (& have been asking several different times in the last year)... I don't think it's out of line to ask which issue is in the works. Besides if issues are only 3 months behind... then things are way better off then they appear from the replies here.. but on the other hand, if it is last summers issue that is "3 months behind" then I think that should be clear as well.

I'm on the road this month, & don't have my 2 issues with me, so I don't know what "V9N3" means.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan E. Kearfott
Visitor
Member # 1286

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dan E. Kearfott   Email Dan E. Kearfott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the good news, you've got a very unique magazine. We're all business people here so we know how you can get behind on things (I know that feeling oh too well!) so just keep at it and you'll get back on track. Jeff you're a great guy and I know your working hard, I was thrilled when I heard you were taking over AMAL (not that I was unhappy with Doc and the Gand)and you've done a great job of keeping up the quality and unique layout that Doc & Dave established. So hang in there you've got my support. looking forward to the next issue.

--------------------
Dan E. Kearfott
Gibson City, IL

Success comes in CANS - Failure comes in Can'ts

Posts: 53 | From: Gibson City, IL U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jeff.
Glad toi read that soon things will be back on track.

Looking forward to the next issue.

When our subscription runs toward it's completion please RENEW IT automatically ......you have my credit card number.

Will I see you in Scotland, Cincinnati or Jacksonville later this year ?

Take care, John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Bernhardt
Resident

Member # 1568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Bernhardt   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Bernhardt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again all...so glad everyone seems satisfied with the goods. A heads up here...Jeff is out of town till next week so won't be able to answer specific questions till then. His trip will provide us with some new items for a future issue "coming your way" soon.

--------------------
Doug Bernhardt
Bernhardt Signs
Ottawa Ont.

Posts: 121 | From: ottawa ont. canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jeff we're back in Grey Jersey so I'll get some stuff to ya ASAP. I have some fun photos of the Milwaukee charity gig, we raisedd $41K at the art auction. Keep up the great work! "Maintain"

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is, Saturday evening, and one week ago at this hour I was sitting under a tree chatting with Jeff about the mag and sharing some desires. Jeff is well intentioned and sincere about delivering a quality product and can use some help. Any of us that have something worthy of contribution should jump in and further the enjoyment level for all of us. Long live the craft of beautiful lettering!

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news...

Hey Doud long time no see, give me a call !!!

669-7446

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!