Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Living Sky Letterheads...2007 meet!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living Sky Letterheads...2007 meet!!!!
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's official folks!!!!!!The Living Sky Letterheads are excited to announce their 2007 meet!

Your hosts, Pat Welter, Suelynn Sedor, Marty Happy, Lotti Prokott and I have been winding the gears to stage what promises to be an unforgettable experience in the prairies "Little Chicago".

Moose Jaw has a colorful and exciting history that has become the basis of making it the top tourism spot in Saskatchewan.

-  -  -

Extra curricular activities include trolley tours of the 39 existing murals (starting with one by our own Grampa Dan) and interactive tours of the famous underground tunnels used by Al Capone during prohibition. Make no mistake though, this is a working holiday so bring your brushes!

We are currently looking at 5 murals which will be led by some of the top talents in the Walldoggin' community!

Guest host Rodger MacMunn will be leading the quest to "sign up" the Burrowing Owl Interpretive Centre.

http://www.citymoosejaw.com/tourism/attraction/owls.shtml

http://www.citymoosejaw.com/tourism/attraction/muralsofmoosejaw/index.shtml

http://www.tunnelsofmoosejaw.com/tours.asp

.....Word has it someone will be bringing some liquid gold.....
and confirmed.....some Butler Gold [Smile]

We have secured the exhibition grounds and the murals will be painted on panels there to be installed on site when completed. Workshops will be held there as well as a panel jamming area and recreational areas. We have ample meeting rooms for workshops and seminars, so suggestions and volunteers are welcome to contact us.
Free camping will be available as well as some limited free accommodations.

Any merchants interested in participating, sponsoring or in any way being involved please contact one of the hosts.

Mark it on your calendar Heads! July 4-8, 2007...It's going to be a meet to remember!!!!!

[ February 09, 2006, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Segale   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Segale       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, by gosh there , Kelly...
Glad to hear it!
I'm going to mapquest to find out how long a drive towing my '65 Silver Streak trailer will take. Thanks for the heads up, I can plan early.

Got any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
I'll have a whole mess of info come June 1, 2006.

Way to go!

--------------------
Tony Segale
Segale Fine Art & Gold Leaf Sign Co
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

""and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear"

Posts: 216 | From: Lodi,CA,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am coming to Lodi to learn from your mistakes Tony. [Wink]

Seriously, thanks for the help so far, we'll be talking lots more. [Smile]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun Kelly,

I will have to save a bunch of money up so I can steal my Camaro back from Duncan and drive it back down here!

I will definitely jot this onto my Calendar, you know me when it comes to painting large things.

Paint from sun-up to sun-set and love every minute of it.

If I can help in any way from a bazillion miles away let me know. I'm a bit quicker with designs and maquette's than Jay is but you'll have that sort of thing!

c-ya on Grampa Dan's wall this Spring!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably won't make Lodi at the rate things are going here ... but I'M COMING TO THIS ONE!

Promise!

Sue and I are already planning a week in BC on the way.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were a rich man, I'd go to every meet every month all year long. They just keep getting better all the time with some of the very best people.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance we can eat moose?

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Moose? Hmmmmmm, I have a field of Sunflower fed Moose. They have the shiniest coats. They would make some tasty BBQ!!!!
Our sunflowers never got combined this fall, the Moose think it is their playground/supper table. Funny we never had Moose here a few years ago. Sure I think we could dig up some Moose for you - if you work hard.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really exciting to see coming together! I can't wait to really see it get rolling! I know it's gonna be fun working with my fellow "Living Sky Letterheads"...maybe our little group will continue to grow. (Any Saskatchewan letterheads that are lurking are invited to join in the fun.)

This is really shaping up to be a little bit of everything. As Kelly stated, we've got 5 murals to be completed, but there will be lots of classes and seminars as well. And signs to work on with Roger MacMunn. There are also a few ghost murals around the city...maybe we could refresh some of those????

Kelly has done a great job getting this ball rolling. We'll do our best to help her out. Hope you all can come!!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Suelynn's idea of the Ghost Murals is a great one! It might also be interesting to somehow incorporate some type of photos and documentation of them before they are gone.....I'm sure it would be an interesting and worthwhile project. I know quite a few of them have been covered with murals though. we'll have to check with tourism and the murals committee and see what they know. Maybe we can even post some of the really faint ones here and see if the experts can figure them out.

We are in the initial planning stages, we haven't even secured a meet name yet but I wanted to secure the dates so we didn't step on any toes, and so you can have lots of time to plan!

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,

Send me some information as soon as it's available so that I can fill in my calendar.

Maybe you may need a Gold Gilder there.

John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Canadian Meets are always great and with the hosts you named, this is going on the "can't miss" list.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Grab your pot of gold and follow that rainbow, a little Aussie Gold, along with our Liquid Gold and Butler Gold would do fine! You know I would be delighted to see you here, John. [Smile] I'm sure there are many who would love to benefit from your talents.
Glad to hear you are looking to come too, Sonny! It's been too long since I heard that Southern Drawl!

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOLD...did someone mention gold!!...in Little Chicago!!!This alone conjures up a pile of ideas Lots still to plan and do, but this promises to be a good one...It will be good to see you all again, alone with the new faces....Make sure you bring your gangster hats ,pinstriped suits and wide ties.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna cry if that's the weekend my niece is getting married.

Otherwise see ya all there. You wanna carpool Dale?

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why "Little Chicago"?

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,
I think Pat Welter has a great idea for a themed dance/pub theme night. "Lil Chicago" gangster speak easy anti prohibition party.

The roaring twenties clothing and music could be a great gathering and the photo ops for the costumes will be a hoot. I can picture you and Sue in flapper gear.

Make it happen.

Monk

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

It's got to do with the gangster activity, the "rum runners" in the tunnels during prohibition and the Al Capone Connection. I think that is the angle we are going to theme our meet on. The tunnels were also used as a underground retreat for the Chinese who were persecuted. I think it was them that originally built them. At one time the entire downtown area was a mass of tunnels running under the streets.

If any one has followed the Murals link I'd love to tell you a story about one of the murals. #30, the Clarke Bros Store was painted by Ruth Hamilton when she was I believe 92. She had hoped to paint the mural three years earlier, but her plans were thwarted by breast cancer treatments and surgery. Although she was still in her words "not quite 100% recovered" she undertook the mural that summer and asked me to come and assist as she wasn't quite sure she was up to the third level of the scaffold. Both of my daughters and I spent a few days on the mural.
Ruth is an incredible woman. I stopped in at her cabin a couple of years back and spent a lovely afternoon with her, sitting on Adirondack chairs, overlooking the lake and soaking up the sunshine and 95 years of accumulated wisdom of this wonderful woman. The afternoon flew by quickly and when I went to leave I hugged her, thanked her for a wonderful afternoon and said "When I grow up I want to be just like you, Ruth" to which she replied...."I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I suspect I should make up my mind as I probably will have to do it in the next 15 years or so...." [Big Grin]

I first met Ruth fifteen years ago, when we both took a murals class from Dan in Moose Jaw. She is on my list of the top 10 inspirational people in my life. At the age of 82 she was still swimming the three miles across Buffalo Pound Lake annually. She said she had never missed a year in over 70 years.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This gonna be a good one!!!!

For those of you that are country music fans you may want to stick around for the following week and take in the Craven Country Jamboree. This was one of the first huge festivals of it's kind in North America.

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to come, but can't promise anything, unfortunately- sounds great though!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All credit is going to Kelly, she's doing a great job at getting this off the ground. I'm so exited about this, I can hardly wait to meet so many people that I only know from the BB. Not to mention that Moose Jaw is my favorite city in Saskatchewan.
This is going to be a big deal for the city, too. Not a whole lot is happening here most of the time, so be assured that this will draw a lot of attention, with media coverage and all.
Trust me, you don't wan't to miss this one!

Edited to add, be sure to check out the link Kelly posted to the existing murals in Moose Jaw, some great stuff there.

[Cool]

[ February 12, 2006, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Lotti Prokott ]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to sip a Rusty Nail in the Big Sky Speakeasy. Me and me moll wil be derr, foist in line, eh.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly and 'Gang'....this sounds terrific.....Count me in.
If there is anything I can help with from here...call me. I can come early and stay late.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

For those of you who were wondering if there was going to be a sequal to the Maritime Roundup in 2007, I got a call from Brian yesterday and it was being considered. As things stand he is thinking of having it either within a month of ours...hoping to perhaps lure some of the international visitors into an extended stay in our beautiful country, or hosting one in 2008.
Brian said he has been sans computer for the past year which is why he hasn't been on line. I got to speak to the beautiful Dani as well. All is well with them and their family, can you believe that their baby Jonathan is a year old already????

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!