Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Is gotprint.com quality comparable to postcardpress.com

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is gotprint.com quality comparable to postcardpress.com
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used postcardpress.com several times but from what I can tell gotprint.com has the same thing for a lot less money and even has a broker program we can use to give lower prices so we can resell.

I need to put in an order probably next week and was wondering if anyone has used both companies and would like to comment on them.

[ November 11, 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Amy Brown ]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Postcardpress' service is great. I've thought about trying modernpostcard.com but why get rid of a good thing?

[ November 12, 2005, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Felix Marcano ]

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2275 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An extra $60 in my pocket!! I know a lot of you use gotprint. Just want a comparison of the two. I'm planning to have my own cards printed from there but I was hoping for a quick answer before ordering the customers job. I haven't created my new card yet!!

Thanks Felix!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends how you go about this.

Are you marking up the pricing to the same final price either way or are you looking for a discount so you can sell to your customers at gotprint's price?

The reason I ask is because I mark up postcard press's retail price. My good repeat customers get their cards for $120/1000 (50% margin) and everyone else pays $180 which means I make $120 on the cards.

Going for the discount so you can sell at *their* price means you earn a whopping $7.

On the otherhand if you sell those cards at $180 and you get them for $28, that's $152 in your pocket.

If they balk at your pricing for the printing they're always welcome to find their own printer.

You're still getting paid to design a card and provide them with a file.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate everyone worrying about how I make money. I just want to know about the quality. I'll figure it out myself eventually, just thought I'd ask here first.

PostcardPress is $70 for 1000 cards + shipping around $13. GotPrint is $24 with the brokers program for 1000. I could leave my prices as is and make a little more money.

I don't sell these that often. Mostly repeat cards over and over so the design is there.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I don't want to know what to sell them for, I just wanted to know about the type/style in comparison.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy...I use Gotprint exclusively now. Other than being all the way in Cali...there is no disadvantage to using them.

In fact their quality is the best I have seen. Be sure to become a dealer with them...it's easy and there are extra discounts! [Applause]

Also they print other things like brochures and flyers...postcard press does NOT.

They're great! Give em a try or request their sample kit.

Edited to add: I charge 250.00 for 1000 cards, or 400.00 for 5000, plus a logo design feee. Done this a lot this year. (I know you didn't wanna know Amy, I was just talkin'....)

[ November 12, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Barry Branscum ]

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy,
Im with Barry on this. I haven't used the other company. We strictly use gotprint.com period. they have unsurpased quality on all their printing. And a decent turn around time. Around 7 to 10 days to my door.
Try them on your personel Business Cards and you will see..

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Thanks guys!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Kathy Joiner
Visitor
Member # 1814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Joiner   Email Kathy Joiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy, I also use gotprint.com. I am satisfied with them and have had no problems.

--------------------
Kathy Joiner
River Road Graphics
41628 River Road
Ponchatoula, La.70454

Old enough to know better...Too young to resist.

Posts: 1891 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Broussard
Visitor
Member # 935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Broussard   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Broussard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started out using Postcard Press, and decided to order some cards for my dad from GotPrint to see what the quality was like. They are just as good as Postcard Press, but cheaper.

I use them all the time now.

--------------------
Tony Broussard
Graphic Details Digital Media
Loreauville, LA

Posts: 395 | From: Loreauville, LA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!