Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » KEN MILLAR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KEN MILLAR
William Betz
Visitor
Member # 3732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Betz   Email William Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say that Ken had a heart attack a couple of days ago and is now in intensive care.
His son Peter runs the family business: Quill Hair & Ferrule. Hopefully he will recover soon.

krazy kevin

--------------------
WILLIAM F. BETZ
WILD BILL AND ASSOCIATES
40207 MORAVIAN CLINTON TWP. MI.
586-469-7676
WILDBILLSIGNS@AOL.COM

Posts: 8 | From: CLINTON TWP. MI. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for letting us know. I only know Ken by his great reputation but never had the priveledge of meeting him in person.

His son Peter was a tremendous help to me in the early 90s when i was getting started in the business and info was hard to come by for a new signmaker.

Here's hoping that Ken has a quick recovery.

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the news. I was visiting with Ken when we were in Charlotte just this August. It was the first time I had seen him in lots of years.

Ken, I hope you get better in a big hurry.

For those who don't know him, Ken was one of the union teachers (or whatever you call them) in the Chicago area. He was responsible for implanting the Letterhead spirit in a lot of signmakers.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Ken was/ is one of the original Letterhead supporters. He was at every early meet, and he hosted two big ones in Chicago.

...And, he was the dude who always had quanties of excellent brushes to sell at the meets. ...When people STILL USED brushes, that is.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Faulkner
Visitor
Member # 2511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Faulkner   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Faulkner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
".....pickle jars and candy bars"

His way of teaching sticks with me,
many a time I have used his way of thinking
through designs.

--------------------
"No excuses!.... No regrets!..."

GEET
www.goldrushsigns.com
known associate... pinstripermafia.com

Posts: 724 | From: Florissant, CO | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Colley
Visitor
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Colley   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon Ken .
Had the pleasure of meeting Ken at the Folk and ale meet, One of the good guys

--------------------
Terry Colley
The VintageSign Co
42 barrack hill Romiley Stockport
Cheshire, England sk6 3az
tel 0161 494 5089
terry@bullandbrush.fsnet.co.uk

Posts: 210 | From: England | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken will be in my thoughts. I always envied the Chicago guys that came up under Ken's tutlage. What an inspiration!

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Broughton
Visitor
Member # 2237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Broughton   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Broughton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon! Ken, met him at the 02 UK meet nice bloke and very entertaining he was too especially when he got together with John Jordan great double act those 2 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Steve Broughton
Alpha Grafix Signs
Lowfields Road
Benington, Boston
Lincolnshire, England

Posts: 315 | From: Boston, Lincolnshire, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting us know - do you have an address for him?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear of your Dad's unfortunate illness, please give him my sincerest regards and hope he is well soon......we've had some great times together, with me as the straight man as I could not compete with his subtle sense of humour.

Tell him to take care,
John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Kevin, it was a pleasure to meet Ken at the meet in Chicago. Tell him that he can do it, and all of us are behind him.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken is a great guy.
He has come to my last two meets and been a pleasure to be around.
Such talent and humbleness in one guy.
Alot like some of the other folks at this site.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Ken at the first meet in Naples, Fl at Chuck Crawford's place. I remember the fervor that he spoke with when he delivered his talks. We have had the priviledge of being with him and his wonderful wife, Paula (an original Hatfield of the Hatfield and McCoy's), for several days. Al and Jackie Grand filled out the six pack. Man, what some interesting conversations for a young padiwan learner!! My prayers are with Ken; he's a tough guy.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marj Payne

Member # 2538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marj Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Marj Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to Deborah Millar today.
Ken was suppose to be heading to Scotland,,, that ones going to have to wait.
I think she said he's scheduled for by-pass on Monday.
Our Prayers are with Ken & the extended family.

Always remember Ken telling us after one of his many explanations about some product.
"and now you have a little knowledge, and a little knowledge my friend is a dangerous thing"

[ October 11, 2005, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Marj Payne ]

--------------------
Marj Payne
Canadian SignCrafters Supply
www.signcraftersupply.com
75580 Wildwood LIne South
Bayfield, ON, N0M 1G0
800-663-9753
cansign@tcc.on.ca

Posts: 16 | From: Bayfield, Ont | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!