Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Heard something stupid today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heard something stupid today
Eric Humphreville
Visitor
Member # 4762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Humphreville   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Humphreville       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The upstairs of the building we're in is used by the maintenance crew for the complex. I went up there this morning to get something and they were spray painting. The guy said to me they should get a booth because they can't wear respirators. I asked him why can't they wear respirators. He said that the insurance company won't allow them to because someone had breathing problems and died from wearing one.(not here) So I guess they would rather pay for lung and cancer treatments than a one in a million death.

--------------------
Eric
PA

Posts: 149 | From: Intercourse, PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topic Title: "Heard something stupid today"

What? just today ?

[Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, so while performing his art, he's not wearing protection in Intercourse???

Some people like to live dangerously...

...had too....the door was opened !

hihihi

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Humphreville
Visitor
Member # 4762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Humphreville   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Humphreville       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear protection in Intercourse we have different insurance companys. And no Sheila I work around tourists all day I hear many stupid things everyday, this was before lunch and work related. I know we are all tourists at one time or another but I don't think I go brain dead when I leave the state. [Bash]

--------------------
Eric
PA

Posts: 149 | From: Intercourse, PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HE lied.

If I remember right I read somehwere its a OSHA reg to wear proper breathing equipment while spraying. No Ins Co. is goona say that..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone had breathing problems and died while wearing a respirator, I'd say that a proper fit test wasn't done. Fit tests make sure that the respirator fits the person correctly and that they are "fit" to wear them (that they don't have medical problems that prevent them from wearing respirators).

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Humphreville
Visitor
Member # 4762

There is one guy that works for them that is allowed to wear one, it's the guy who does the gardening and he had to go to the doctor and be OKed to wear one. Sounds more like a preexisting condition to me but what do I know I talk to liars [Wink]

--------------------
Eric
PA

Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry Eric anyone that can live in intercourse can handle anything. [Rolling On The Floor] [Bash]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never know about stuff like that. Some idiots come up with stupid rules and policies.

When I worked at the factory, Westpoint Stevens, formerly Westpoint Pepperell... I was given the job, one night on second shift, of moving some rolls of cloth which were too small to move with the fork lift. Upon asking my supervisor for a dust mask, being that the rolls were covered with a thick layer of formaldehyde laden dust and myself having severe allergies, I was told that I couldn't be issued one until the next day. When I asked why I was told that the plant nurse was not there on second shift and that she would have to be there to show me how to put it on....yeah, a 3M type dust mask.... I'm going...you got to be kidding? [Roll Eyes] So I had to suck all that thick cloud of dust into my lungs because they refused to give me a dust mask. I was new and didn't know it at the time but, I could have refused to do the job and they wouldn't have been able to do a thing about it.

Several years later we recieved some bales of synthetic fiber which were giving off overwhelming powerful fumes of some kind, probably formaldehyde. It overpowered the guy who was working with it and he had just been taken to the ER when my boss calls me on the radio and orders me to take the forklift over and remove the bales to somewhere. Thankfully, I knew enough to refuse that time and politely radioed back "I'd rather not". There was a long pause, and then she radioed my more co-worker to do it. Nothing was ever said about it at all.

Just another reason to be glad that I quit that place.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!