Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thanks to Stevo...!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks to Stevo...!!!!
Periandros Damoulis
Resident

Member # 4473

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Periandros Damoulis   Email Periandros Damoulis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo designed the banner for the Parthenon 2005.
I will send you the copy of the design.
20-30 Banners wil decorate the town 1 1/2 month before that the event wil take place.
Thank you Stevo...!!!
See you in Mazeppa the July.
Periandros
 -

--------------------
DAMOULIS Signs & Design
Nafplio GREECE
e-mail: periandros@mail.com
Phone: +30 6944270500

Posts: 194 | From: Nafplio GREECE | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I love that! Super job Stevo!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is outstanding!

Very, very schaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo does it again! Good Job!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo actually drew that Athena from a photograph, then scanned it and cleaned it and colored it in. I like how he added a brush behind her ear.
I think he has about 18 hours of designing in it.
It was fun to watch the progression, and to nag him about colors.
He is trying to teach me some Corel stuff, but he does it so fast that it's like watching Liberace.
Glad you liked it, Peri!
Stevo was honored to be asked to design this.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Thats impressive!! Really nice work Stevo!!

[Smile]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fotis Nakos
Visitor
Member # 5470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fotis Nakos   Email Fotis Nakos       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its really nice job.Like Periandros jobs...

--------------------
Fotis Nakos
Makris-Nakos Signs
Aroh Patras
+306974436031
Pilafimekima@mycosmos.gr

Posts: 9 | From: Greece | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow from me too......that is superb stevo..really fits the meet!! [Smile] the brush nice touch!!

nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi Percell
Merchant

Member # 255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Kristi Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job Stevo!

You are truly talented!

Kristi

--------------------
Kristi Percell
2013 Bodega Ave
Petaluma, CA 94952

Letterhead Sign Supply
and Percell Signs
Home of the "MicroMeet"

Posts: 352 | From: Petaluma, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rene st-pierre
Visitor
Member # 4116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rene st-pierre   Email rene st-pierre       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice job verry clean
i like the color
what the real size of this banner ?
c-ya

--------------------
rene st pierre
quebec city
canada

red & white 81 forever 666

Posts: 290 | From: quebec city | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, Stevo, but let's go with Jerry Lee Lewis instead of the Liberace analogy.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really sharp! You've got a gift!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Stevo.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrific design Stevo!

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen Goodwin
Visitor
Member # 3757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen Goodwin   Author's Homepage   Email Jen Goodwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Job Stevo! Again...what is that font? The one used on "1st Letterhead..."
Inquiring minds want to know [Smile]

--------------------
Jen Goodwin
Goodwin Glass & Graphics
Hampden, Maine 04444

Posts: 44 | From: Hampden, Maine | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hint of green leading to the interaction of the numerals really adds life and movement. Letter spacing is sensitively placed and the light burst in night time colors coming from behind her head really rocks. Thanks for doing this piece and sharing it.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevo, that is magnificent!

You are in a class by yourself brother.

Is it all done in Corel?

It's very cool to think that your design is going to be hanging out in Greece for thousands to see.

You should be very proud.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the nice words folks! It was a pleasure to do this for Peri.

Initially I had abit of a struggle with the concept and I did'nt really want to do something typical. Jill came up with the idea of the Athena bust and then the gears started turning.

I googled a decent pic of Athena then printed it out. I then posterized the pic on a window (cheap light table), inked it in, then vector scanned it into Omega. After cleaning it up I then brought it into Corel to add all the color and shading. It was quite a lengthy process this time getting it to look right, plus I had two women nagging at me about colors! [Smile]

And yeah it's a pretty neat feeling knowing that thousands of people half across the world will be seeing my work!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgeous!! Perfect~O

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that is just top-notch. I love the posterized Athena and the whole thing just pops!
Woof!

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign of the month next month?

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely done Steve...great job on the illustration.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!