Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A Tickle in the Trossachs.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Tickle in the Trossachs.
Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have managed to get the Dreadnought hotel,with 63 rooms all with en-suite facilities , to give us a special letterhead rate of £25.00 per person ,per nite, on a bed and breakfast basis, the only thing is, they would like me to secure a group booking in advance. Accommodation is at a premium and get's snapped up fast, as Callander is a tourist town . I was qurious to find out how many rooms do you think we will need, has anyone got any plans to travel to this meet ? I know it's quite a bit away but the Hotel is owned by a coach tour company and they need numbers at their end. Any info you can give us would be a great help.many thanks, yours stewart

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Posts: 133 | From: stirling. scotland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Keith
Visitor
Member # 4499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Keith   Email Jack Keith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stewart;

My wife and I are tentatively planning to attend. It's gonna depend on a couple of things that we won't know for a time yet. I really, really want to visit my ancestoral homeland and this will be a great excuse. I'd say we are about 95% sure to be there.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Keith
Keith Signs and Graphics
12400 Stemmons Drive
Cabool, MO 65689

Posts: 131 | From: Cabool, MO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't wanna be the first to reply,
but pending funds and passport issues, Stevo & I will be there.
Catherine Foster was planning on coming with us too.
You maybe need to advertise this on the UK sign sites.
Sincerely....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Translation:

If you are a Letterhead, planning on coming to A Tickle in the Torssachs Meet, (May 11, 12 & 13th 2006....Callander, Scotland) please book a room at the Dreadnought Hotel or let me (Stewart) know that you will be coming.

The hotel has a rate of (about) $ 50.00 per night-per person (US$) [according to a currency conversion chart from Google] including breakfast. The hotel would like for me (Stewart) to ensure a group booking.

These rooms should sell out fast because Callander is a tourist town. There are only 63 rooms available and I (Stewart) was wondering how many rooms that we need.

Even though it is a bit of a travel to the event, the hotel can provide transportation to the meet as they are a transportation company.

Please let me (Stewart) know if you plan on attending as it would be a great help in planning this worldwide event.

Thank you very much,

(Stewart)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2284 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stewart, my wife Lyn and I are def. planning to come to Callander for the Meet, and the Hotel sounds Great!

John

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be there if we can !

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

"When happiness shows up always give it a comfortable seat"

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd certainly like to come, but can't really committ this far out- Put me down for a positive maybe!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stewart...count on a Mazeppa Clan of aboot 10. Some may never return and I don't know if Scotland really wants Eric, Bun, Crackhead Bob and the like, but then again, the Barras needs new blood ya bass!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam May
Visitor
Member # 4844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam May   Author's Homepage   Email Adam May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can definately count in Sarah and I.

--------------------
Adam May
205 S. Sangamon St.
Lincoln, IL 62656
217-735-9939
headhoncho@ampstudio.net
www.ampstudio.net

Posts: 149 | From: Lincoln, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat..
thanks for your translation I'm glad we have people like you in the side lines. a few points though. 1..... dont book a room at the dreadnought yet, they are not set up for us let me know, as it will help when the time is right for booking, the idea was to try and get a hotel full of letterheads as they have a function suite we would like to use for evening entertainment.

2...there are plenty of small guest houses all over town, we will post these in plenty of time..

3.. the venue and the hotel are walking distance apart, along the edge of a park. the hotel is not a transportation company, but we will have shuttle services for the airports.

4 thanks for your input Pat, but in all your translation you forgot to say if you were going to come over or not, hope you can make it , it is a beautiful part of the world.

5 thanks to the rest of the crew who have posted,, we will have a real good time.
watch this space..

thanks again
stewart

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Posts: 133 | From: stirling. scotland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Telfer   Email Scott Telfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As well as a fantastic meet think of all the other wonderous things you could find in Scotland.
For Instance you dont want to wait too long to get a Glimpse of the famous Loch Ness Tree Stump... I mean Sturgeon.. I mean monster..
Shes no gettin any younger you know...

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391
scott@telfer27.freeserve.co.uk

Posts: 189 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor Dale Manor has just turned 58
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Stewart,

If they will let me out of the country by then I would love to come to your meet....I'm sure it'll be one to remember. I guess getting out is much easier than getting back in!

So put down another Head for a "probably" will come tagging along!

take care mate....

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spoke to a travel agent....Trying to trade a monument sign for the trip....sssh Is this being monitored.

I'm bringing Katie, Isaiah, and the wee one (not even born yet)

We'd like to arrive a week early to London, then perhaps to visit Kinney. I'll help him milk the chickens.

Then we're up to your neck...Scott maybe we could convince our wives to watch our youngings for a night.

Stewart, this event is our biggest&greatest adventure ever.
We'll be leaving the Monday after the meet.

See you in July!

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the trip of a lifetime. Scotland is so beautiful. I sure hope we can make it there again.
The weather is changeable and the air is fresh, they have the best fish & chips, the beer & bread are heavy, the buildings are really interesting, the cemeteries incredible, and the landscape looks very much like Western Pennsylvania. Most of the people were nice as pie too. I could do without the roundabouts and sweet corn on pizza tho!
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Telfer   Email Scott Telfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt you got what you need pal...a Place to crash..Babysitting ..you name it.... .

Yes folks as Jill says it is a Beautiful place..
So why not come along to a Letterhead meet with a difference....While you are here you could visit one of our many Beautiful Castles and try your hand at the forgotten art of Walking.... [Smile]

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391

Posts: 189 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the misinterpretation Stew!! But you cleared things up just fine.

Of course I would love to come but I can't commit just yet. It's tough to keep leaving Della with the three kids a coupla time a year and bringing them would probably be pretty cost prohibitive.

Don't count me out yet though.

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2284 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sweet Lou! 'El Diablo Masestro' sounds like a big sign party across the ocean! Never been on that side of the globe yet. To see you, Scott, the Posh Gypsy, Kenny, his dad, and the rest of you UK fellows would be a trip worth planning. Not to forget that Loch Ness Monster, heard he only comes out when no one is looking. I hope I can be there!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Bakewell
Visitor
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Bakewell   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Bakewell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd sure like to go - hoping to talk a friend into attending - wouldn't want to go alone. I've travelled a bit in North America, but never made it across the ocean - sounds like a wonderful experience, and I'd love to meet all of you.

--------------------
Janet Bakewell
One Sun Grafiks Inc.
Slave Lake, AB Canada
www.onesungrafiks.com

Posts: 128 | From: Slave Lake, AB Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi stewart

can you book me a double room for two nights
me & hubby ed are a definate to coming along!! [Smile]

nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Stewart,

As one of the South Pacific representatives you can book me in for sure It will great to see and spend sone time with you and the others later this year in a little backwoods village in the U.S. called Mazeppa.

See you soon Aussie John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if Mike is bringing Bun from Mazeppa, I'll be there as well. Besides, I hear you have incredible cemeteries.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha Hey Sonny, If Bun isn't in Jail by then, and they have room in the baggage dept. Bun might be there! One Mazeppan that will be there fur sure (besides me) is Eric "Taco" Vic! (this oughtta be something!) John Jordan..we might be backwards but at least we have PARKING and NO SPEED CAMERAS!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Jordan
Deceased

Member # 2368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Jordan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Meyer,

Mike, I'm sorry but you misread what I posted.......I wrote "backwoods", as in out in the country, not backwards.

As far as our parking problems.... our number of vehicles out paced the available parking areas, but we're working on it and the Government found a lucrative money maker with little overhead, worth I believe in the vicinity of $4,000,000 per year

See you soon, John

--------------------
Aussie John
Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia

man makes a thing of beauty of that which he loves

Posts: 148 | From: Caringbah, N.S.W. Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Hey Cisco ...you better be there amigo...
Ive told all the local lassies all about you...
(Curtains galore) ha ha ha
Janet if you are looking for some company you'll find all the friends you need when you get here.

Oh and Mike and John...you will be team leaders in the Haggis Hurling Competition...

Oh, by the way john...You'll be able to visit Inverary Prison again....What was it they had you up for...stealin turnips....Anyway ,it didnt turn out too bad for you did it...
Cheers Mate..

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

I love Haggis...ya bass

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone ,how are you all today, thanks for posting , it is nice to get a bit of feedback

Dale glad to see you will try and get out, but make sure you can get back in before you fly.. ha ha ...

Matt my boy I will be honoured to have the wee ones first letterhead meet, yours and wee Telfer,anyone else? ha ha , you are going for a round trip then you will love it ,that'll be an adventure for you.

Jill n Stevo hope you can make it too.you have traveled these shores before so you know it.

Cisco my man, this country needs you, start the planning now you only have twelve months left ,still have to fit in Mazeppa and Greece , are you still going cross country or you going on the deisel pidgeon.

Janet ,you will meet so many friends you wont feel alone, ever again,come on over you will have a great time.

Nicola and Ed there is plenty time to sort out your rooms later but your on the list. if your down by Stirling anytime give me a call 01786 470729.

John, my little antipodean fried, how the hell are you?, life treating you well I hope, I already had your name down anyway, you are a letterhead stalwart,it wouldn't be the same without you , see you in Mazeppa laddie.

Sonny you will enjoy it even if bun cant make it, Callander has their own version of mr Benson.

Mikey, wee Eric,, is he really gonna come over ,I know he said, but, they will have to design a new chair for his big ol rotund chunky,wotsisname,, he will be a star in the local pubs , they will love him.hell he might even stay for good.ha ha ha

I'll keep you updated anytime I have some news, till then , keep planning on getting a Tickle in the Trossachs next year.
yours stewart.

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

paul priestley
Visitor
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paul priestley   Email paul priestley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a room for me and my dearest as well stuart. See you in greece

wee paul

--------------------
Paul Priestley
Signworx
South Yorkshire
England
paulpriestley@blueyonder.co.uk

never too old to learn

Posts: 66 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Dunt....(Scottish for Bump)

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!