Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » SIGN OF THE MONTH March 2005 ... Vote Now! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SIGN OF THE MONTH March 2005 ... Vote Now!
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote is #7, #8, #6 & #9 in that order.

The talent here is unbelievable!!

I think more people would vote if this was set up as a poll. And then the opinions of others wouldn't sway our vote.

Great job Jon, this is fun!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Suelynn about the talent and the notion of voting via the BB's polling application.

However, I haven't voted (yet) because trying to decide between all of these amazing entries makes my brain hurt...plus we still have some time.

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't choose between 7 & 8. They are both fantastic as are all the others. The frog is adorable and yet not too cartoonish, I love the wood. The Winery sign is flat out gorgeous.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7, but they are all terrific!

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 hit me the hardest, although they all are very nice.

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi Percell
Merchant

Member # 255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Kristi Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am torn between #7 & #8.

7 has the classic beauty, but 8 shows lots of character.

I think all of the entries are wonderful and shows the talent that is out there!

Congratulations to all of the finalists, you did a great job!

--------------------
Kristi Percell
2013 Bodega Ave
Petaluma, CA 94952

Letterhead Sign Supply
and Percell Signs
Home of the "MicroMeet"

Posts: 352 | From: Petaluma, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm stuck folks, they are all brilliant signs i need another couple of days [I Don t Know] [Smile]

nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First place #7
second place #1

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My votes are... 7, 8, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 10, 9.

My vote goes to a fine piece of work. The post treatment is outstanding. I like the colors because they all work together. The letter style for "Winery" is clean yeat has a slightly understated sense of flair and the way it goes over the edge of the sign is a neat touch.

I don't like the ornament at the bottom. It looks "plunked" and a little out of place. The sub copy is a nice clean style very suitable for this type of copy but could have been better arranged.

I like the illustration at the top but would like to have seen those come outside the circle. I also don't like the ornament treatment, either.

The positives far out weighed the negatives on this job. It is an impressive piece.

Thanks for running this, Jon.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uggghhh...

My brain is hurting again. They really all are truly exquisite.

I think I've got to go with #1.
  • The "aesthetics" of it are unique
  • The design is clever and effective - and it is easy to imagine how it could easily translate into a complete Corporate ID ("win" for the customer and "win" for the signshop).

Congratulations to all contestants - and thanks Jon (and Sue and Vicki), for reviving and running the contest.

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 & 5

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry VanHorn
Visitor
Member # 4704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry VanHorn   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry VanHorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Jerry VanHorn, Pres.
Pure Sports Designs, LLC
Pro Sign Design / United Wholesale Signs
www.prosigndesign.com www.unitedwholesalesigns.com
West Liberty, OH
937-465-0595
866-942-3990
Since 1990

Posts: 925 | From: West :Liberty, OH | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger DiNofa
Visitor
Member # 2781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger DiNofa   Email Roger DiNofa       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
# 5 rocks.

--------------------
Roger DiNofa
Hattiesburg, MS

Posts: 147 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Just a little overlap of the cartoon over the lettering, but it doesn't hurt it...good dimensional effects throughout.
Original, wild and colorful cartoon.
Vibrant colors, clean paint and airbrush work and a little "outside of the square".

My vote.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for durability

#5,4,8,7,9,10,2,6,1,3

ernie

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1697 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talisman
Visitor
Member # 1869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talisman   Author's Homepage   Email Talisman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them all!

But I like frogs so I will vote for #8. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Abner
Talisman Signs
Middleboro, MA

"We are limited only by our perception of our abilities."

Posts: 445 | From: Middleboro, Ma USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Author's Homepage   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc.
4580 N. US 1
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2282 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang I like all of them, but the truck layout really hits me. I hate to vote for just one, but no. 3 gets my vote this time.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#6 for me. Flat or not, I love the lettering, & how it extends into those ornaments. Beautiful! I wish the picture showed the color a bit better,tho.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 for me.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#3 is my first choice. Grabs my attention like a smile from a pretty stranger. The color and designed balance work well. Assuming this is the rear of the body, it would be interesting to see how the doors were treated.
#5, my second choice, is a jawdropper. This will elevate the clients name and location to landmark status. Says "who" and "where" in a BIG way!

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

At least for this morning!!

Yep, I agree with this hurting my brain! Maybe in the future the poll would be a good idea, with LESS CHOICES, maybe 5? And NO results can be seen til the end?

You outta see me in the ice cream store trying to decide...!!! [Roll Eyes]

And after looking at this first set of choices, there's no way I'll ever be able to enter anything!!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana,

quote:
And after looking at this first set of choices, there's no way I'll ever be able to enter anything!!
I'll bet good money against that... [Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP!

You have until midnight, USA EST, Saturday April 2nd left to vote.

If you are too shy to post here ... e-mail me your choice.

I will post the results as soon as possible after that.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hard one to judge...i liked them all too...

3rd 8 for it's creative individuality
2nd 1 for a great modern layout
1st 7 for it's sheer class

Nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hunt
Visitor
Member # 4637

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Hunt   Email Dave Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first #3
second #7
third #8

They are all really awesome. Very inspiring.

--------------------
Dave Hunt
Derby Line, VT

Posts: 157 | From: Derby Line, VT | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#8!!!!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!