Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » florida music festival

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: florida music festival
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is for the folks in the southeast US..there is a great festival coming up Mar24-27 at the Spirit of the Suwannee Campground in Live Oak, Fla.

It's called the Suwannee Springfest, and is in a beautiful campground on the Suwannee River, with roots music, bluegrass, country, country rock, whatever. This festival has incredible parking lot picking sessions, if you play an instrument.

Here's a link to the schedule...
http://www.magmusic.com/scheduleforspringfest.htm

I'm planning on being there for the full 4 days...I thought there might be a few folks out there who might be interested in this sort of thing, so maybe I'll see some of you there. I'll be in a blue van that's my work truck.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wanted to make this event for a number of years but there is always something conflicting preventing me from making it. My favorite group, Donna the Buffalo plays there every year. Jeff, be sure and check them out, they play a little bit of everything and they are great [Smile]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4327 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The festival is 4 days next weekend...There'll be Tony Rice and his band, Bela Fleck, Rodney Crowell, Guy Clark, Peter Rowan, Donna the Buffalo, the Waybacks, Blueground Undergrass, to name a few. It's kind of a fun mix of people...you have your older diehard bluegrass fans, plus alot of young kids who are on some spiritual quest, along with the country crowd...all wandering around with musical instuments and having all these impromptu jam sessions. It's a blast, if any of you want to make it on over I think you will enjoy it.

[ March 17, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Ogden ]

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!