Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » ''PARTHENON 2005'' 1st Letterhead Meeting in GREECE (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ''PARTHENON 2005'' 1st Letterhead Meeting in GREECE
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry,

Feel free to check with me later when you've made your final plans. There's plenty of time.

Thanks again,

Joe

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha'?
NO NO! There's not 'plenty' of time . . . only like 33 days!! [Eek!] [Wink]

I can hardly wait!!

I have SO much to do 'til then!!!!

Dollars not tight Henry, but VERY snug here . . .gotta keep addin' work hours this month to get a little ahead on bills, you know . . .so I don't come home to a dark house, etc. [Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going....I made up my mind now over the weekend, just have to get myself registered and book a flight.

Are most travelling on the 3rd august and leaving on the monday 8th??

I assume a few will stay on for abit of a holiday?

I have jobs already booked in August so I will have to come back sooner rather than later.

Feels like a chance in a lifetime to meet a few of those you really look up to...I'm really looking forward to it.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravo, Henry. Glad you decided to go for it. Now that it's only a month away, I'm really getting excited. This will be a truly international meet and I see it like you, the chance of a lifetime.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I arrive in Athens around 14.00 on wednesday the 3rd august if anybody else is around the airport at that time, I guess its a train ride out after that.

I am off home to England tomorrow to see family and friends, what sort of things should you take with you??

Not sure about getting time to make a panel for the meet as I have left it abit late in the day.

I'm abit nervous about it all [Smile] but at the same time really excited too.

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Henry,

Thanks for the call today. Wish I'd been available for your call.

Glad to know you are going to make this meet, it should be a hoot, and also that I have a room mate. I have booked the hotel for Aug 2-9. When I arrive I'll make sure there's an extra key waiting for you at the front desk.

Have a good trip to England and on to Greece.

Joe

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to see who else is getting "twitchy" for this meet in less than 2 weeks....

What's everyone bringing in their kit?

What about a project?

see ya soon on the sunny side!

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Colley
Visitor
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Colley   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our tickets came today,started on the panel design, we fly out Sunday 31st for two weeks. It's gonna be great!
cheers Terry

--------------------
Terry Colley
The VintageSign Co
42 barrack hill Romiley Stockport
Cheshire, England sk6 3az
tel 0161 494 5089
terry@bullandbrush.fsnet.co.uk

Posts: 210 | From: England | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinkin' everyone was mighty quiet too . . .but also fig'ered everyone is pushin' to get as much work caught up as possible . . .

...think I'm only gonna bring a few brushes along . . . in my carry-on, 'cause I would really freak out if my brushes got lost in los' luggaj` . . . lol

Have been workin' on a panel for the meet...should be mostly done by next week then . . .

We leave out of Atlanta on Sunday 31!!

YAY!!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paul priestley
Visitor
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paul priestley   Email paul priestley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now starting to get excited, fly out of Heathrow on the 3rd, looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Same as Sheila I'm only taking a mix of brushes and stripers in hand luggage.11days and counting.

--------------------
Paul Priestley
Signworx
South Yorkshire
England
paulpriestley@blueyonder.co.uk

never too old to learn

Posts: 66 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Hey Peri?

What's the tally so far?
How many are actually attending the meet? (from everywhere)

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Tricia M. O'Neill
Visitor
Member # 5912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricia M. O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Tricia M. O'Neill       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Letterheads:

Just a line to see if anyone else is arriving late to Athens on the third? We will be arriving at 11:50 p.m. and I am still working out the trip from the airport to the Alkyon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, Tricia O'Neill

www.signs-unique.com
www.triciaoneill.com

--------------------
Tricia M. O'Neill
tricia@signs-unique.com
Signs Unique
13 Swan Street
Arlington, MA 02476
781-648-4804
www.signs-unique.com

Posts: 25 | From: Arlington, MA USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PERI!!!!
I will be at the ATHENS airport TUESDAY AFTERNOON at 14:25! Not 10:00AM!!!
Please note change!!! [Applause]

Long story but we are here in Amsterdam......see you later today...Mike and Ayleen.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke Meyer
Visitor
Member # 4456

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brooke Meyer   Email Brooke Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you're gonna get there. Wish I could be with ya!!! Have a wonderful trip.

Love Ya!
Brooker

--------------------
Brooke Meyer
Zumbrota, MN
brookemeyer04@yahoo.com

Posts: 26 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Back at work now after a really great week in Greece.

Little contrast in the weather back in Sweden!

I'd like to thank Peri and his family and friends for making us feel so welcome and for the tremendous effort they made to make the meet a success.

I feel like I made some real friends of people I felt I had met through the net.

Difference being that there was no flaming, or frictions like you see all over the net, we all had a great laugh. I have come away full of enthusiasm for new things, and made real friends for life.

I met John Arnott and his wife at the airport then they left and I waited with Peri for Gary Anderson, when Gary arrived we waited abit longer (couple of hours) for the Butlers, but during that time had some great conversations with Gary.

Once we were ready to leave the trip from the airport was intersting to say the least, we got shown how you drive through the motorway barriers at 70mph without stopping, greek style [Smile] funny trying to find that imaginary brake peddle in the back. [Smile]

The meet was filled with great Seminars from Gary Anderson, Dave Butler, Nancy Beaudette, Jeff, and a great trip through time by Noel Webber.

There were some great panels, and workshops, some great singing voices, Stewart Mclaren's dad, Sheila, Damian, and Nancy kept us all entertained one night.

Theres loads to recollect, and I have loads of pics that I can fix later, I know Peri got copies too of most of our memory sticks etc.

To all of you, that were there, a very big thank you from me, it was a chance of a lifetime to meet so many great people in the same place and something I will never forget.

It still hasn't really sunk in....

I'm looking forward to reliving it in Scotland in May next year.

Thanks to Joe to and John Jordan too

All the best to you.

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

I've shared thanks and stories on two other posts but forgot to mention that despite trying to explain the 'aura' of a letterhead meet to her, my daughter Erica told me early on, "I don't really wanna hang out with you and your freinds and a bunch'a people I don't even know talkin' about signs all the time . . ."

Famous last words.

At her very first meet, she fell in love with every letterhead, was entranced by the sign art happening at the meet, hung out with us 'til 1 and 2am, and can't wait for the meet in Scotland!

HA!! [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]
(like mother like daughter)

I lost count of how many times she said "Mama, these people are SO much fun!!"

So many impressed her with not only their skills but also sense of humor and down right niceness.

Just a few highlights of many throughout the week:

~David Butler and his great practical jokes and 'mysterious' telepathic skills. [Big Grin]
~Marcus & Manfred well-lit on Mythos beer trying to learn to speak southern. [Rolling On The Floor]
~Stewart McLaren after he asked Erica to dance and she kept saying no... he finally simply just picked her up and carried her onto the dance floor! [Big Grin] LOL!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Manfred Didier
Resident

Member # 5933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manfred Didier   Author's Homepage   Email Manfred Didier       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Letterhead´s,

we´re just back from the meeting in Greece.
It was our first meeting and be sure not the last.
We can´t explain what happened with us. It must be the Letterhead virus which infected us.
Before the meet we was really nervous and corious about what might go on there and
how you all welcome us unknown german sigmaker.
But it was amazing. You all was so friendly and welcomed us as we know each other since many years.
We learned so much in the seminars and in the workshops, which will help our business in the future perfect.
We could talk with so much famous sign maker around the world to share our experiences.

So, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for this great time!!!
Special thanks to Perry for hosting the meet and this really well organized event with so much fun.
We can´t wait for the next meeting.

Marcus & Manfred

--------------------
Manfred Didier
Timber Signs OHG
Ofterschwang, Germany
+49 8321 675420
didier@timbersigns.com

Posts: 32 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Marcus & Manfred

It was very nice to meet both of you and see your spectacular portfolio. You guys fit in so well, no one could tell you weren't long time letterheads.

We all learned from the excellent routed signs and construction in the portfolio.

I laughed till it hurt at the humor too. When you get Aussie, Germans and Scotts togeher it's an instant party. Dang, it was fun.

Keep up the good work.

Joe
www.normansignco.com

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

*bump*

Is just about everyone back home?? Cant' wait to hear more exciting accounts!!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Manfred Didier
Resident

Member # 5933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manfred Didier   Author's Homepage   Email Manfred Didier       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for your nice report.
It was also great to meet you and i
compliment you on your fantastic work too.
We will need many years to come up to this
level.

All the best to all.

--------------------
Manfred Didier
Timber Signs OHG
Ofterschwang, Germany
+49 8321 675420
didier@timbersigns.com

Posts: 32 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Manfred's only being humble.
I expect to see an entire 3 or 4 page peice on these guys & their work in SignCraft, soon!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!