Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Mustang 2005

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mustang 2005
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone done some stripping and or lettering on the new mustang? Customer (Dealership) wants me to design something different for the new mustang. Personaly I find that it looks great just as they come out of the factory , but customer wants all the mustang that comes out of his dealership to have something different than others.

Can't seem to come up with anything that would improve the perfect body line that was given to this model

Help!

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Del Badry
Visitor
Member # 114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Del Badry   Email Del Badry       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Denis,, i agree with ya, the only thing there missing is my butt in the seat of one....

a friend of mine is starting to design some specific stuff for the mustang... but it'll be awhile yet....

im an old trim line guy workin in a ford parts dept... i luv da new mustang!

--------------------
Del Badry
philmdesign
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Posts: 636 | From: Sylvan Lake, Alberta | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do new vehicles all the time. A little elegance, maybe a triple line which is a way different look then a double, done in a simular color to the vehicle itself. Doing dealerships is my specialty but going overboard I leave to my competitors. I find it best to work up to graphics from a mediocre point of view because no one thinks alike.

All my work is done by hand [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denis - I saw an '05 on the lot the other day...it was a burgundy one with a retro camel colored stripe of about 2" width with a small (1/4") void on each side and then a 1/4" stripe on each side of the void....it was run very low on the door from wheel well to wheel well...I believe it was factory and it had a mustang logo reverse cut out of it on the front side of the door.

Simple, kind of classic and looked good in my opinion. Wasn't flashy.

And I agree....the 05's have "pinache".

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin McEvoy
Visitor
Member # 4578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin McEvoy   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin McEvoy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a customer wanting an old BOSS 302 style stripe on his 05, should look pretty cool.
 -

[ January 21, 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Kevin McEvoy ]

--------------------
Kevin McEvoy
Columbia, SC

Posts: 21 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Eisenreich
Visitor
Member # 1444

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Steve Eisenreich   Email Steve Eisenreich       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a clipart of a horse head and mane that is popular in Kentuchy right now that might look good on the sides of the new mustang. [Rolling On The Floor]
Posts: 774 | From: Cold Lake | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say that I've done a real one yet, but the 2005 Mustang is featured in the video game Need For Speed Underground 2. You can customize the paint color, add vinyl graphics and alter body parts like the spoilers, headlights, window tints, etc.

Pretty cool to play with, but I still think going too far from stock lessens the "retro" feel it was designed to achive...
...which has done very well.

My 2 bits...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The '05 Mustang isn't any different than anyother vehicle out when it comes to designing pinstriping or graphic applications. The name of the game is to "enhance" what is already there, accent the body. How you design it is only real decision to make, mild, wild, or anything inbetween, that's all up to designer. I am fond of "tweakn'" the stock look a bit by using little tricks I've learned over the years to break it up w/o destroying or altering the basic lines of the vehicle.

Balance and color usage is very important too, you can alter many a design by changing the color around, so, there is no one way to do a new mustang. My only question is: how do we get that dealer down here in the states, dealers here have a new misperception of how we must do business by requiring price levels(they set) and paydates(they set), I'm self-employeed and this goes against that grain. If I wanted to work; like a job; I'd go get one and it wouldn't be in a dealership either.
Don't know what to say about lack of ideas, maybe do some research and see what trips your trigger there, I'd also include your principle in all of those decisions as it sounds as if leaving you to your own ideas, isn't working. Personally, I never include a dealer rep to help guide my artistic choices, it's simply a matter of who knows what and why are you doing something you know nothing about, go sell a car...

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!