Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Pics of recent sign...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pics of recent sign...
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JUst wanted to try and upload a pic of a sign we just finished recently. Still not an easy task!
[IMG]http://www.letterhead.com/album/BullBoard/malone02.jpg [/IMG]

[ December 04, 2004, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Monte Jumper ]

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess i just don't get it...I've done everything the instructions say to do and yet all I get is a string line of info ...what did I miss?

--------------------

Monte Jumper
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

OK ...gonna try again!OK I see what I did ...I left a space after the string before putting on the final "IMG"

Sorry about the dark picture will try to do better the next time.

This was by the way my first experience with Gorrilla Glue and sign foam...I'm happy with the results and will be doing more this way!
 -

[ December 04, 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Monte Jumper ]

--------------------

Monte Jumper
jumpers@itlnet.net

Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great! what is On Asp mean?

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding work,From an outstanding Letterhead!

Thanks for sharing

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Asp is the name of the street the bar resides.

--------------------

Monte Jumper
jumpers@itlnet.net

John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great Monty. Give us the lowdown on how you did it.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks Great!

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1267 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those bevelled letters look great and the layers work well too!

-dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really Nice!

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Gorilla Glue is good stuff...except for the expansion mess. I guess there's a downside to everything. But it's a lot better than the two part glue that Sign-Fome sells. If you get ANY residue at all on the sign, no paint will stick to it.

The sign looks great. Are those bevelled letters several layers of foam laminated together?

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

The sign is all aluminum and sign foam...the oval (background) is .080 painted with automotive 25% flattened paint. the Malone letters are cut from .080 alum. with 1" signfoam carved with a diegrider mounted sanding drum and hand chiseled details...screw mounted with gorilla glue then mounted via two aluminum 1" angles (hidden behind the letters to give them a diminsional relief. all the letters are painted with Centari (no flattner in the letters)

The "On Asp" is foam on aluminum also but flush cut to the edge of the letter and stud mounted to the oval to put them in relief ahead of Malones.
They were also glued with gorilla glue then trimmed with a flush cut router bit mounted in the die grinder. (were I to do this again I would glue the aluminum to the foam first and then just ccut them out without ant clean up after).

I pretty well controlled the
gorilla glue by running a 1" path of glue (troweled out with a serated putty knife) down the middle of the letter...once they were screwed to the aluminum with gorilla glue filled holes they set up with a minmum amount of "weepage)" easily cleaned up with and sharp wood chisel.

The whole thing came together nicely I thought and I monitor it once a week looking for any failuers in the glue attachment ...(none so far)

All in all I am extrememly happy with my first experience with both the foam and glue.

--------------------

Monte Jumper
jumpers@itlnet.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!