Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Has Anyone used Permlight edge lit kits?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has Anyone used Permlight edge lit kits?
Eric Humphreville
Visitor
Member # 4762

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Eric Humphreville   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Humphreville       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We ordered some of these from a distributor just to mess around with. The first set we recieved( after about two weeks) looked like they had been used. They were scratched, stripped screws, scratched acrylic. So they were returned the company said they weren't packed the normal way. After about three weeks waiting for replacement and a call to cancel the order the next one arrived. Better than the first but still not nice enough to sell. So has anyone else had a problem with Permlights quality or could it be the distributor doing a poor repack job? I know they cut the crappy acrylic pieces (dings, missing paper mask) that were sent. Should I find a new Permlight Dist. or a new product all together. Any suggestions?

--------------------
Eric
PA

Posts: 149 | From: Intercourse, PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've used these several times, and I did have a mishap once. We fab the acrylic ourselves though, I wasn't aware that they offered that. The thought is a good marketing tool, but it's a bit touchy, and time consuming to drill precise holes in 1/2" acrylic and sliding them in place without disrupting the fairly fragile LED.

I hear your pain.....
If it's any consolation [Smile]

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Barnes
Visitor
Member # 2277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Barnes   Email Mike Barnes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

I just bought a sample fixture from Lite Crafters in Kalamazoo, Mi. Price was reasonable and service wasn't bad. But I've only ordered from them once so far.

They have offer LED or Neon in their bases and also will cut the acrylic too.

Their website is litecraftersinc.com

--------------------
Mike Barnes
Sign Werks
239 Cherry Ave
Corbin, Ky. 40701
sign_werks@yahoo.com

"I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV."

Posts: 151 | From: Corbin, Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Humphreville
Visitor
Member # 4762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Humphreville   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Humphreville       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys I went with the permlight because they have a great range of colors and sizes, And the prices were better than others that I found. I think I'll call a different distributor and see if that makes a difference. The distributor supplies the plex, we will probably cut our own but don't want to buy a sheet for two sample signs.They supply 6" tall pieces that look like they found them on the floor. I know sometimes things happen so I wasn't to upset about the first one but the second one ticked me off.

--------------------
Eric
PA

Posts: 149 | From: Intercourse, PA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!