Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Hypothetical Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hypothetical Question
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.
Here's the premise.
You just won the lottery for a cool 10 mil and/or Uncle Silas just kicked the bucket and willed you 10 mil.
What would you do?
What piece of equipment would you buy for your shop? Or would you quit signs forever?
Just wonderin'.....Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would pay for emily's college of choice.

Then the Vega.

Beer.

and a curling rink.. the heck with Ray's video.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A place on Galiano Island, dual exhaust for Big Top, more travel,got to keep working...., but it's not really work,

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retire to a warm climate where there is water to swim in and room for horses to trail ride with. Or yeah and room for my husband.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I'd share it with all my new-found Letterville buddies... hypothetically.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gene, ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' chum of mine...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would paint one last sign: "Closed for extended
Vacation"

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce who?

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd buldoze the home, build a nice one and paint whatever I damn well pleased. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

...then buy Bruce spare Vega with a Cogsworth motor...BECAUSE I COULD!!!!
[Rolling On The Floor]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 MILL huh . . . .what a hypothetically lucky blessing!!

LOL! Just think of the tithes on that!!

Land . . .all of Bandera County, Texas.
Build a boys ranch there for my son-in-law & daughter to run. (their dream)

Bunches to the Children's hospital, Diabetes research and cancer stuff . . .

INVESTMENTS of various kinds.

Learn to fly a plane.

Do missionary work in Africa.

Do welded Art.

TRAVEL and do all the murals I've ever wanted to do all over the U.S. and Europe.

Retire in a large but very simple house, with a studio, built beside a river, continue welding art, making quilts and paint, paint, paint all the things I dream about . . . . .

[Smile] [Wink] LOL, I've thought of this hypothetically possible event BEFORE . . .

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Keith
Visitor
Member # 4499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Keith   Email Jack Keith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, Shelia! Great and worthwhile use of all that money...for what it's worth, I pray it happens. Oh, and I know some missions in India that could use some willing hands if ya get finished up in Africa.

Jack
"Did I spel that write?"

--------------------
Jack Keith
Keith Signs and Graphics
12400 Stemmons Drive
Cabool, MO 65689

Posts: 131 | From: Cabool, MO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First it would go right into the bank so it could start earning interest immediately.

I'd build a nice shop but it wouldn't be for work, it would be for my own projects.

I'd install a 5 axis CNC rig but not one of those tiny 10'x6'x6' units. It would be one of the GIANT rigs, 15' wide, 30-40ft long, 15' tall that rolls on the floor equipped with a scanning head too, the kind that are used for CNC'ing car bodies. I'd also invest in the highest level of AutoStudio (automotive design software).

I'd fill the shop with various other tools too.. a square wave TIG welding station, handheld and CNC plasma cutters, maybe even a Bridgeport mill.

Don't forget about the paint booth either.

I'd have the well drilled and septic system installed on my 40 acres of desert then start building a house (I could live in the shop while the house is under construction)

In the shop I'd just build whatever my sick mind can imagine, obviously focused on the automotive side of things.

Oh, I'd have to build my own paved exercise path around my property too. Gotta have somewhere to skate. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i happen to know where a "cogsworth" vega lives......in sarasota....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats Cosworth Joe for that worthless piece of junk [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd employ Mike Pipes, and still keep on painting [Smile] ! & share a bit with Sheila... haven't decided about the rest.... there's always heaps to do here

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hypothetical answer to a hypothetcial question: "I would give it all away!"

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Did anyone else notice how Sheila doubled her inheritance? I thought we ONLY had $10 million.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd buy new tires for my truck...

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy chatham
Resident

Member # 525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy chatham   Email jimmy chatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would pay the
interest on my
bills as far as
it would go.

--------------------
Jimmy Chatham
Chatham Signs
468 stark st
Commerce, Ga 30529

Posts: 1766 | From: Commerce, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF that happened, Shirl and I already have a plan.

All of our relatives would take part in an "Amazing Race" where they would follow clues to find us at some location in the world. Everyone who completed the race would receive part of our windfall. The remainder of the 10 mill would keep us out of the cold and snow for the rest of our lives.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep on makin' signs 'til it was all gone.
MUR

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd divide it with my kids, especially the younger two so they could finish college. (The oldest one is done with his masters and is already rich!)
I'd set up an account for my husband at the nearest tool store and guitar store so he could have lots of toys. I'd set up an account for me at the fabric/art supply store and just stay home and quilt, sew wild clothes, paint watercolors and cook.
I'd go to EVERY letterhead meet!
I'd redo our house so we'd have all kinds of neat improvements but still try to restore it to it's 100+ year old quality.
I'd start a foundation in our town to do improvements for charities like the United Way, public library programs, the food pantry, etc. and I would build a playground and hire a full time art teacher with her/his own artroom (no more pushing a cart) for the kids at the grade school here where I used to teach.
I'd start an artist colony/nursing home/resort for us to retire to. We'd have art & music instructors every day. We'd have big rocking chairs on the west side of the buildings so we could watch the sunsets and pool boys to deliver drinks (for us ladies!) [Wink] All of our friends would have a free ride there too.
And last but not least, I would take a trip to Germany and see where my grandparents lived. Both my Mom & Dad's families came from the same area and I would love to go back there and walk where they walked.

[ September 08, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd buy Mike Meyer the old Grain Belt brewery in St. Paul, and turn it over to the production of One Shot Liqui-seal and Irn bru. The rest of it I'd give to Old Paint, so he could purchase a pet Democrat of his very own, and a picture of W for his dart board.

[ September 08, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Cam Bortz ]

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd give each of my brothers and sisters $500,000, and my twenty-odd nieces and nephews each $100,000, the great-nices and nephew each $25,000, My kids each a million, buy my mom a new retro T-Bird, buy me & Stevo an antebellum brick house in Gettysburg and do signs when I chose, a panel saw for the shop, go to every Letterhead meet I could, and have free meets when I could. I would also hire a maid, get a tummy tuck, and do a lot of geneology research.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd buy a new chop box....12" compound miter, and that new Greg Brown bouble CD recorded live at the Kate Wolk Folk Festivals.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After buildong a new home and shop I would give just about the rest of it to my family.The rest would go to people who just need a little monetary help. Besides, ya can't take it with you.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.... I'd even go as far as to say "I'd miss yez"

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$10 million? Hmmmmmm...

The bigest baddest evrything FREE Letterhead Meet ....that ya ever dreamed of!

[Rolling On The Floor] [Applause] [I Don t Know] [Eek!]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 million US, thats like a gazillion canadian bucks, woohoo (homer sound).
Large motor home, pulling a large boat, and do a road trip that lasts quite a few years. Stop in and visit each letterhead, treat them to a wonderfull meal, and have them 'sign' the motorhome, or boat, design of their choosing of coarse. [Group Hug]
Once finished with the roadtrip buy a large property somewhere and commision Dan to build us a private mini golf course. Only rules would be to 'out do' anything he has ever done before and let me help of course. [Applause]

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IAN!! I'm SO hypothetically flattered and honored!!

Gene . . .savy business people ALWAYS read the fine print and the loop-holes twice . . .she said "AND/or" . . . . .

But OK. Even 10 mill . . .with that kind'a capitol, I'll turn it into 20 anyway . . . . [Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spend it all!!!!

Actually I would spend a portion of it to form a corporation of my own that would allow me to make whatever I want to make at that momet in life.
I would take the remainder of the money and invest it so that I could live off the interest quite comfortably.

I would also build a large building where I could hold an annual letterhead/pinhead meet/auction that all proceeds would be donated to a charity such as the kidney foundation or heart association or some cause like that.

[ September 08, 2004, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Harris Kohen ]

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Bass
Visitor
Member # 4929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Bass   Email William Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't notice the "and/or" thing. Wow, that's observant Sheila. At first, I just figured you were chewin' DOUBLE MINT gum.

--------------------
William Bass
wjb71@bellsouth.net
Northwest Florida

Posts: 636 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would buy 10 million worth of vacant land on the big island & spend 10 million on developing 10% of it, then use the proceeds of that to gradually develop the rest, eventually upgrading my suburban cottage into a beach front cottage.

I think I'd have to follow Ian's lead with a modest thank-you house for Sheila's 10 million dollar tip... you certainly proved just how valuable attention to detail & fine print can be!
..but "savy"? well I'm sure you are all that & more... but "savvy" might be more convincing [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paul priestley
Visitor
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paul priestley   Email paul priestley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd host a perpetual letterheads meet on a south sea island with free transport for anyone that wanted to attend

--------------------
Paul Priestley
Signworx
South Yorkshire
England
paulpriestley@blueyonder.co.uk

never too old to learn

Posts: 66 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troy Haas
Visitor
Member # 472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Haas   Email Troy Haas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 Mill.....

First is to set the kids up with trust funds that once they reached a certian age they could live off the intrest, eventually taking over control themselves. Take care of the rest of the family, and a few close friends. [Group Hug]

Buy a huge Motor Coach and Bass Boat, spend the first year traveling along with the NHRA schedule. Hit every national event in one year. Of course fishing along the way during the week.

Spend the remaining years fishing and enjoying the company of my wife and family....

--------------------
Troy "Metalleg" Haas
626 Kingswood Dr
Evansville,In 47715

Posts: 1100 | From: Evansville,Indiana, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

LOL!!! DOUG!! Me, the "champion" speller . . just humiliated . . . ACK!!

I guess I should spend a lil' of that dough on a spellin' course . . . . [Big Grin]

HARRIS!! YOU filthy rich greedy DAWG!! You got 20 MILL but your gonna "have an AUCTION" . . ....every YEAR??? [Bash]

[ September 09, 2004, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHA
I'll be on my toes now, going the extra mile in my usual websters look-ups when in doubt... forcing my writing compulsion here to at least result in gaining some OT knowledge along with all the great sign tips I learn from reading... but I'm sure you will get several opportunities to "call me to the carpet" & will seize one in short order [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Doug, You can bet that Sheila now runs all of your posts through spellchecker AND a grammar analysis program for sure. If you two are looking over your shoulders, how about the rest of the Letterville mistakers(sic) and unspellers(sp)?

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Bill Foshay
Visitor
Member # 4526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Foshay         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd pay somebody to finish all the unfinished projects at my house.
With the $2.95 left, I'd buy a Happy Meal.
:-)

--------------------
Bill Foshay
Stephentown, NY
------------------------
"That's not a junkyard, It's my museum!"

Posts: 40 | From: Stephentown, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Restore an old P38 Lighting 5Mil
Pay off Ex Wife to Leave me alone 1Mil
Taxes 4Mil
Broke Again...... Priceless

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!