Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Your best practical joke....let's hear 'em. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your best practical joke....let's hear 'em.
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first of all I must say that I would never want one of my kids to do this, and I did this when I was a young, exasperated, stressed out college kid:

My roomate and I constructed a 5 foot long "male apparatus" out of a discarded piece of cardboard core, duct tape, paint and paper.

We took this gargantuan phalic sculpture over late one night to the local Big Boy restaurant.

We then proceeded to strap this big unit on the revolving,smiling, flood light illuminated Big Boy sculpture with duct tape.

Then we parked across the street and laughed and about pee'd our pants watching the reactions of people going into, and driving by the restaurant.

Imagine the scene: Big Boy Statue - huge grin on his face - holding hamburger high and spinning around for the world to see why he is sooooo happpy!

We threw a couple dimes in the phone booth and called the restaurant, and asked them if they noticed that something was peculiarly "wrong" about their Big Boy statue?! We heard a shreek and an OMG which was followed by the manager, some cooks and a waitress charging out the door to disassemble the "unit". We were laughing so hard that they spotted us across the street bailing into our car for the getaway.

The ensuing chase was unforgettable....our driver was so scared he put his car in the "2" position instead of drive and couldn't figure out why he couldn't do over 50 mph while the pursuing cooks were gaining on us....finally figured it out and lost them.

What's your juvenile, immature, but insanely funniest practicle joke?

P.S. No harm was done to the Big Boy statue, except that after our "sculpture" was removed it was told that he no longer smiled and from that point on was seen with a frown. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not do these!
But here goes.
As a teenager, I worked at a diner. You know, one of those dining car-thingies, all stainless steel, etc.
There is a waitress still at this place after 35 or so years, in fact she is the one who gave me the nickname Silly Jilly.
In the 1960s a state cop frequented the diner. He was always rude to her, free with his hands, etc.
He was married to boot, and after several months of his torture, she had had enough. He loved hot chocolate.
One evening she put a whole bunch of Ex-Lax into his beverage of choice. He drank it down and went off on his beat.
He missed work for several days and didn't come in for his usual midnight snack. When he finally did, he confessed to her how sick he'd been.
It somehow comforted her, and he never guessed. I'm pretty sure she said he gave up going to the diner after that too.

When I worked there, two men who had a neighboring transmission shop used to hang out in the kitchen. They were pals with the boss, so they got all their food for free. They were ignorant and cheap and demanding, and all the waitresses hated them.
My one friend had simply had enough of their crap when they came in one busy Sunday morning, wanting their usual free thermos of coffee. She got it for them and added a very liberal dose of Red Hot Sauce to it. After they recovered, they tattled on her to the boss.
Of course, she was fired.
But it was worth it!
I know it's wrong to tamper with food. But these guys all kinda deserved it.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell you'd never want a pi$$ed off karyn as your waitress....one flathead did and we did unmentionables to her brownie dessert(the ugly bytch)and we all laughed as she inhaled it down...and yeah yeah i know the tampering with food thing...but hey i was 13...whatta ya want from a teenage punk? [Razz]

that's why i am never rude to my servers! and tip well. [Wink]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad worked at Steak-n-Shake when he was a teenager. He told me some stories about them tampering with the pickle barrel there so even to this day, regardless of where I eat, I specify "No pickles please." [Smile]

Where I used to live in MO there was a themed campground, Jellystone Park (they had Yogi and all his friends there). In the winter they made it into a Christmas light display, and changed the signage out front to read "Santa's Magical Kingdom" using giant cut out wood letters. One year during a short Thanksgiving break, a few of us went up there late at night after they closed down and swapped a few letters around. Yep, that's right, Satan's Magical Kingdom. [Smile] It was like that for a week before it was changed back.

The ol' "plastic wrap pulled tight over the toilet bowl" gag is pretty good.. it makes a mess but if you pull the plastic tight enough the next person to use the toilet will never notice it before it's too late. It works especially well when someone in your house works either the early morning shift or the late night shift because they're too tired to ever stand a chance. [Smile]

In high school I had an electronics class and the teacher had a devious sense of humor. He had an ionizer setup in the room and one day he had it turned on as we were entering. All the desks and chairs were metal, thus zapping the crap out of all of us as we sat down (the ionizer makes the air conduct electricity, which meant big time static charge build-up).
We returned the favor using knowledge he had taught us previously. We built a small circuit that generated a very high voltage and fast discharge rate, then hid it underneath his car and rigged contact points and a mercury switch under the door handle. When he opened his door, he got a real good dose of his own medicine. [Smile]

Not only did he not get mad about it, he taught us even more sneaky crap like that! We had a good time pullin pranks on students and other teachers. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL....and I thought I was devious!

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the kitchen and my daughter asked me to get her a drink of cold water.

I got a cup, put ice in it, went to the faucet, turned it on...and the sprayer started hosin' me!!

She and my wife had put a rubberband around the spray button to keep it on, and pointed it where I would be standing.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cue for Kissy to jump in with the Big Butler Fair signs.....
Thought of four senior class pranks:
When my brother Kevin was a senior (1977) his class put the shell of a VW Beetle on the roof of the school...
Hampton High's class of 1978 put some sort of REALLY stinky chemical into the school's air conditioning unit. Kids were literally hurling in the halls & it took 2 years to finally clear the air.
My class (1980) graduated to the tune of Pink Floyd's "The Wall", therefore it was hilarious when a group of kids at 2 am actually built a real brick wall in front of the main door to Hampton High. It had set up quite nicely by the time the principal arrived to start the school day.
And about two years ago I was at the fire station working on a truck. A call came out that the Mars seniors had put the firehall's large fiberglass chicken mascot (8' tall) on the roof of the high school. I sure cackled watching them haul it back on the ladder truck....
Love...Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Tony, that's a good one....I'm gonna use it on the wife...hehehehe.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time a friend crossed me real bad, so I removed all his valve stems in his tires one night, when he woke he had 4 flat tires, 3 more than a spare can fix, couldn't inflate them, had to be towed on a flat bed.

The clincher was I put his valve stems in an envelope and mailed them to him. He got them 2 days later [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Bob, doesn't it just give you a thrill when after you remove a valve stem, the exiting rush of air creates the most unusual high-pitched squeel? Hehehehehe

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Ron Wakefield
Visitor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Wakefield   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Wakefield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, 1984: Me and a couple of my fellow swabbies were on cleaning detail on the barge they had us living on. We were all sweeping are designated areas of the space when I remembered the dried fruit that I had stowed in my locker. I sneaked a piece of dried apple, banana, or whatever (don't they all look the same? disgusting) and waited until they had their backs turned. As I made it appear that I was pulling this thing from the bottom of my shoe I cried, "Oh gross, what the hell is this!?" Of course they made their way over for a closer look. You should have seen the look on their faces when I popped it in my mouth and started chewin'. "Mmm" I said, "whatever it is, it ain't bad!"

--------------------
Ron Wakefield
Signs by Ron
Southington, CT
ron@signsbyron.com

Posts: 71 | From: Southington, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahahahaha!

This one will crack you up...

Three years ago, on April Fools Day, I called my house phone from my cell phone. I answered the phone and proceed to have a "conversation" with someone you really wanted to talk to Dana.

I made it clear that I wasn't going to give her the phone until this "person" identified themselves. Bear in mind, that her ex-husband had recently called her parents and basically demanded to know where she went...

After I got very inscensed at this "person" for refusing to identify themselves, I reluctantly handed Dana the phone, complete with the totally disgusted, P.O.'d look on my face and promptly left the room.

After she took the phone, she said, "Hello?"...

"APRIL FOOLS!!!!!"

She was not amused... [Dunno]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Member # 1106

posted August 09, 2004 11:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok this is a long one but it was beeauuutiful...

One day I called a fellow sign painter friend and mentor(he'll remain annonymous because I think he's still ****ed 20 years later).

I told him we were bidding on a government job and I needed his help as a sub...he asked what it was and I told him I needed to explain the circumstances.It went as follows.

quote: "This is a government funded job for a new structure being build on a small site in downtown Denver...it was going to be a little difficult because of the scale of things...everything is smaller than usual the ceiling heights are only about 5 feet but it will make sense when I tell you that this facility is being built for the "little people" (midgets dwarfs and the like)

(It got real quiet ) then he said "so we won't need scaffolding right"?

"Right all the light switchs are at 18 inches and the lights are recessed in the ceiling for added clearance".

"What i need for you to do is bid the exterior sign on the second story (about 9' off the ground) so don't figure in any boom truck time".

"Oh... and did I mention this was a government subsidized facility where these people paid absolutely no rent ...really a neat deal (I said)

(again silence) then he said "yeah yeah you told me all that...so what does this sign say"?

Now I can tell he's writing all this down and I say.."Ok got a pencil"?

"YEAH... YEAH I GOT A PENCIL WHAT DOES THE DAMN SIGN SAY?"

"Oops"...(says I) " hang on I got the print right here...oh there it is ..it will say... "The Stay Free Mini Pad"

(silence again) "ok is it all caps"? (he says)

About now I know he's fallen Hook line and sinker so I decide to take it even futher and I say..."Do you want to check with your brother and see if it's something you want to do"?

Well that ****ed him off ...and he says..."I CAN MAKE THE DECISION AN WHETHER OR NOT I WANT TO DO THIS WITH OUT MY BROTHERS PERMISSION".

Ok (says I) "let me know if it's something you can do.

"YEAH...YEAH I'll call you tomorrow!

After I hung up I realized that he being a bachelor and not a big t.v. watcher he had no idea what the hell I was talking about...3 days later (after confering with his brother...who's married and knows what a "mini pad" is) I get this phone call from him (the first guy) all he said was "yer turns comin buddy...and you'll never see it comin"...(click)

I'm still waiting...

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jed Pedersen
Visitor
Member # 2344

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jed Pedersen   Author's Homepage   Email Jed Pedersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a portable air bottle, the type used to fill a flat.

Remove valve and fill half full of water, replace valve.

Charge with air.

Remove valve stem from targets tire, invert tank and pump water into the tire untll half full (it helps to put a jack under the tire).

Replace valve stem, turn tank right side up and fill rest of tire up with air.

This will guarantee the most unbalanced car the mark has ever driven!!! [Eek!]

Can you say
Shake it up Baby now!

--------------------
Jed Pedersen
Graphic Air
157W 300N
Malad, Idaho 83252

Posts: 166 | From: S.E. Idaho | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 7 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll make this as short as I can, but the intro is as important as the prank.

The company I worked for many moons ago had bought an apartment complex out of bankruptcy. I was sent to manage it and told that I could replace any of the existing staff except for one maintenance man. He was the previous owner of the land the complex was built on, and as part of the land sale agreement, he was guaranteed a job for life. So, no big deal I thought.

Well after being there a few weeks it was evident that evry other maintenance man hated this guy. He would only do the "easies"...Faucet stems, door locks, door closers, mail box lock changes, or any no skill, no dirt, no sweat job order.

It was my practice to have coffee every morning with maintenance, cleaning and grounds crew. I brought the pastries, they bought me a coffee.

Well Mr. "no dirt" always came to work in his Sunday best. Suit, tie, shiny shoes. Don't know what he told people he did, but it sure wasn't suit and tie work. Maybe he was the night attendant at a funeral home.

He would go to his locker get out his uniform and boots (remember the boots) and change for his workday.

We were always trying to figure out a way to p**s him off so he would quit and we could here someone who would be both productive and fit in with the crew.

Well, as chance would have it, opportunity presented itself in the form of a nice little cocker spanial (sp). One of the housekeepers had a little dog who was in heat and she didn't want to leave it at home where one of her kids might let it out and she would get well done, so she brought it to work where she could keep it inside and safe from the amourus advances of no account bachelor dogs.

Now there were plenty of dogs at the complex also. 360 two and three bedroom family units where pets were allowed.

Now for the boots! As you have probably guessed, I am a nasty, no conscience prankster. So I go to "no dirt's" locker, get his boots, with everyone watching me with a questioning look on their faces. I then call that nice little cocker sanial over to me. I then proceed to rub the boots gently an the moist back end of the nice little doggie. Being a neat person by nature, I return "no dirt's" boots to his locker. The nice little doggy is put in her "day room".

He arrives about 10 minutes later walks in and asks why all the dogs are down at this end of the property. Gets a few grunts and not much else. Punches in, proceeds with his costume change, picks through the job orders for the light stuff
and heads out the door.

The rush to the windows was instant. The reactions of the gathered dogs thinking that the lady giving off that wonderful aroma that only they could smell was up the pantlegs of the human,
reacted almost quickly as we did. Within ten paces
"No dirt" had a passenger riding and humping each leg, with about ten others waiting there turn for a ride.

Now you have to get the picture here folks. "No dirt" is no mental giant. Instead of heading back to the maintenance building, he heads away from it. The show was fantastic. Dance on one leg and try to shake the nice friendly (read Very Friendly) off the other. Repeat about twenty time, drop all your job orders, jump and dance so much that your tool belt falls down around your ankles and you trip and fall.

You are on the ground and all those other doggies seem to have fallen in love with any part of your body that seems to be the right height.

It was so funny to watch that two of maids wee weed. Just a little bit.

After too short a time, about five of us had to go out and chase the nice doggies away. A couple of them had started getting territorial and had begun to snarl and snap. I really didn't like "no dirt", but I sure didn't want him to get bitten.

We got him back in the building and everybody scattered to their work assignments.

His comment when he got his breath back, was: "I must have stepped in something on my way back in yeaterday.

I don't know how I kept it together at that point but I did. Told him he should probably spray his boots and pants legs with some amonia.

And no, he didn't quit. He was still there two years later when I went on to my next property.

Sorry for the length, but it's a story that needed detail.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irish gets the prize!!!
...that is priceless [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Hahahahaha - man that was funny. Good pranks guys! Any more gal pranks out there?

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1970,I worked as a waitress in a diner near a truck stop. The place was extremely busy. 5 truckers came in and ordered dinner. We didn't use trays. I had 4 dinners in one arm/hand and a veal parmesean in the right hand. I asked who gets the veal parmesan. No answer, only a hand rubbing up my leg. Again I asked who gets the veal, the hand goes up higher on the leg. So I "accidently" dropped the veal over on his crotch. The 4 other guys laughed so hard. When they left, one of the guys handed me a $5 tip and said he deserved it , he does that to alot of waitresses and I was the only one to have the guts to dump the food. My boss thought it was funny.

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when I was about 18 or so,my father ran a small grocery store in our community that was the center for everyone to loaf around and such.
Nosey old guys and ladies with nothing to do.
A friend and I built a little contraption that he had seen before somewhere that looked like a cage, but you couldnt see much as there was only one section of wire on top. The door of the cage had a false lock on it to give the unsuspecting person the idea that whatever was inside couldnt get out. On the inside of the little door was a hinge with a coil spring on it, and we had a trip latch on the back that we could activate that would send the door flying open, which had a squirrel tail attached to it. Usually the tail would hit the person in the face or whatever.
We used to catch three or four people in the store, walk in with the cage, which had DANGER,WILD ANIMAL INSIDE wrote on the outside and set it down on a table. The people would crowd around trying to see what it was but could only see a little of the squirrel tail inside. When they all got close enough, we would hit the trip latch, the door would fly open, the tail would come flying out and you've never seen such a sight. One lady never stopped running til she got home. I think I have a hernia to this day from laughing so hard. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In high school my best friend had a neighbor named Leroy with a muscle car, an obnoxious a-hole, who would "drag race" down their dead-end residential street every night after his shift at the foundry ended at 11:00. Since all the local cops were motorheads, no noise complaints were ever answered.

This street had widely-spaced homes with big yards and hedges. And in those days (early 70's) the trash cans were those big galvanized steel things with "Wheeling" stamped on the lids. We took two of them, hid them in hedges on opposite sides of the street, and when we heard Mr. Musclecar coming (you could hear him a half-mile away) we connected the two cans with blacked-out bicycle brake cable, then retreated to my friend's upstairs bedroom window to watch the show.

He came roaring down the street and just about the point where he backed off the throttle, he hit the cable, which sucked those two big steel trashcans into his rear fenders. The effect was
tremendous. It made an unbelievable racket, banging and crashing, brakes squealing. Having no idea what had hit him, he slammed on the brakes, causing the car to spin out, dragging the trash cans with it, as he mowed through a hedge, desroyed a mailbox, and ended up on a neighbor's front lawn having left deep ruts in the grass. Needless to say the cops showed up, but they never quite figured out what happened, so they assumed he had lost control, and he was cited for reckless endangerment and speeding. The car, needless to say, was trashed; a scratched and dented disaster.

My friend is now a rocket scientist (really!) working at Goddard Space Center in Maryland. We still remind each other about Leroy and the trashcans every so often.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time someone wants me to take a ride in their new car I sit in the back and stomp the floor as they accelerate ... flips 'em out thinking somethings wrong with the car.

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

LOL - - nothing like a good practical joke....

Here's a few mild ones:

My grandpa (rest his soul) was a real prankster. Out in the country where I lived was a guy who was sort of a mental maniac. He had the same last name, but was of no relation, to a very elderly widow woman who owned a significant amount of land.

Well this guy started visiting the lonely old gal and convinced her that he loved her. He got her to sign off all her property in his name in her will. He was a real scumbag...unfortunately, she didn't have any relations around to defend her.

Anyway, this guy was a nut, terrorizing kids who might have been exploring on the property, stealing their bikes, etc.

One night on our way back to drop me off at my house, Grandpa and I were coming down the road past the house the scumbag inhabited after the old lady died. We found this really huge, bloated road kill raccoon. It really stunk and had the usual possie of flies and maggots. We scooped it up and stuffed it as best we could in his mailbox.

It half hung out as it was soooo huge. Hehehehe.

This same grandpa would occassionally make sporting bets with my dad...you know, over who would win the Rose Bowl and stuff like that.

When he would lose the bet, say for $5, my grandpa would draft a concession letter about losing the bet and enclose enough "mini-pad" and "kotex" store coupons to equal the value of the bet he owed dad....and then mail it to him. We always had a good laugh over that.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a local theatre company, Gloriana Opera Co. A dozen years ago they were performing an assemblage from their previous performances. At the entrance to the city they had this sign installed advertising the event "Gloriana's Biggest Hits" There was this yellow background with big blue letters. Well, being an early moring person, I snuck up to the sign around 4ish and measured the big letters. Later that day in my shop I cut another letter in blue, a big T, and stuck it onto a piece of yellow background.

Well the next morning came and I snuck up behind this sign at the intersection. I waited a couple lights till there were no cars or trucks there, and came around the front of the sign to cover the H. Stuck the vinyl on, squeeged it down, then dissapeared in the morning darkness back to my truck. I drove out across the felds with my headlights off giggling like a little kid.

I went up the road and made a U turn to comme back to face the sign and view my vandalism. I was the only car stopped at the red light, and while stopped I read the "Gloriana's Biggest Tits" and saw the vinyl actually slide down the sign and fall on the ground. Morning moisture? Act of God? I was the only one to enjoy this mischief.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONE WORD: POSSUM-GRAM

Growing up living 15 miles outside of town we had access to road kill possums...lots of possums. We had one of those big industrial rubber gloves used to mix chemicals with and a wooden box. Pick up the possum, put it in the box, go find somewhere to put it. We ended up with a lot of delivery methods:

Possum-gram: Possum in a mailbox
Possum-stew: Possum in a hot tub
Flying possums: Tossed from a sppeding car
Death from above: Possum with a parachute

Ya know, maybe those don't count as practical jokes.

We also put a couple of fish behind the hub caps of a (edit: maybe I should not tell that). That was the worst smelling thing I've ever been around. I don't thin they ever figured out where the smell was coming from. The car ended up sitting on the (edit: official) lot for two weeks until they fish had dried up and stopped stinking.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paul priestley
Visitor
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paul priestley   Email paul priestley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many years ago I was in the Royal Air Force and worked as ground crew on large bombers. As part of the defence program they would send us off to outlying airfields with 4 aircraft to practice our war readiness. We arrived at this one airfield and got everything set up and ready, aircraft fuelled and loaded with practice bombs and aircrew on two minute readiness and ground crew on a shift system. I wasnt due to start work till next day so a few of us had some beers and things got a bit out of hand. Now I imitate a claxon horn quite well especialy when my throat has been well lubricated with amber nectar.As we had not had any practice alerts where the crew got in the aircraft and started engines nobody knew what the alert siren sounded like on this airfield, so, I found myself outside the aircrews quaters at around 2.30am (well hidden) and procceded to imitate said horn the result was like somthing out of loony toons, aircrew came running out falling over each other putting on helmets and scrabling into the aircraft falling out of aircraft. It was only when they got settled with engines running (local villagers were not amused) and realisied that there was no-one on the radios from command that they worked out that they had been had. We were all wetting our selves and in hysterics and in the ensuing confusion got back to our bunks. There was a big inquiry into the incident and several of us were suspected of pulling the prank but I never used the claxon horn thing again while in the RAF just to be sure.

--------------------
Paul Priestley
Signworx
South Yorkshire
England
paulpriestley@blueyonder.co.uk

never too old to learn

Posts: 66 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the 50s when I was stationed in Maine, a friend went around to three Gulf gas stations and connected the f together so they spelled Gulp.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got my drivers liscense my dad was always real good about letting me drive his pick-up. Here we are, my pop, myself and my 14 hear old cousin Todd sitting in the middle.

So I'm driving around thinking I'm all cool, we're coming upon an intersection and see a bunch of people we all know, we have to slow down a little and my dad says "Why don't you honk and wave to those guys"?

Just as I honked the horn dad ducks below the dash and makes it look like I'm driving around with Todd sitting next to me in the middle. Embarrasing moment for sure.

He loved busting my chops. [Smile]

Dumping motor oil under my Uncle's two day old Harley was kind of fun too, even put a little drip on the bottom of the frame for effect. He freaked. Called me a little SOB or something, lol.

[ August 10, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Alan Ackerson ]

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the time when my little cousins Mike and Fuzzy put dog dirt in the gas tank of my dad's jeep. He was really PO'd.
That was the same summer that Mike peed on my head while standing on the railing of Grandad Welsh's porch.
They were about 4 and 5 at the time...both are State inmates now.
Love...Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Philip Steffen
Visitor
Member # 2235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Philip Steffen   Email Philip Steffen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are not my own. An old boss who is still pulling jokes.

As a kid, Frank lived on a farm. He was throwing corn into some type of hopper/shredder that then launched it up a chute into the silo. His brother was up in the silo evening out the corn so it didnt bunch up. Well, Frank got a handfull of beets, put them in an old rag and threw it into the hopper. Out the top, in the silo, came a red liquid mess with cloth. His brother came screaming out thinking Frank had fallen into the hopper. (NOT NICE)

In his teen years he worked in a paper mill. There was an old cranky guy that did'nt like Frank or anybody. And he always took the morning donuts first, insisting that Age should go before beauty. Sooo, they fill all the jelly donuts with grease from a grease gun. Yummmmm. He said the cranky old guy did'nt pick first for awhile.

--------------------
Phil Steffen,
29 Van Rensselaer St
City of Saratoga Springs DPW
Saratoga Springs NY 12866

Posts: 563 | From: beautiful Saratoga Springs NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in my 20's I toured with the regional ballet, no I didn't dance, I was the carpenter! We had 2 electricians, one carpenter (me) and a Technical Director on the road. We ussually spent a week setting a show up with the Dancers showing up the day of show and leaving immediatly afterward for the hotel. We slaved and packed the show in the trucks and headed for the hotel late at night (3ish). We were always ready for the last night, beer and munchies til wee early hours. Well, this one particularly bad strike chris (electrician) fell asleep in a dead sleep early. A few dancers were still awake and milling the hallways, our doors were open and the plot hatched!
To the trucks, unpack 2 rolls of gaffers tape and back to the room. Down the hallway we would unroll 20 or so feet of tape and head into the room. Yes you guessed it, we taped him into the bed, each pull of the roll in the hall so he wouldn't wake up, not that the flashes from the dancers cameras would. We used a full roll, taping over him and joining underneath the bed, it won't pretty but the amount would hold Gulliver down!. We toasted our deed and finishe dour beers and eventually went to our own rooms, closing his door behind us.
The screams the next morning! But what could we do? His door was locked!
He vowed revenge, but alas, he knew he couldn't top the pictures back at the studio.

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also put a friends house up for sale, lease, hold early morning yard sales...it's great to have a sign shop!

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Kerr
Visitor
Member # 4661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Kerr   Email Dale Kerr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my younger years I was a bit of a drunkard. One time while at a party the host was so intoxicated he passed out on the kitchen floor. It was xmas so his mom had a turkey thawing for xmas dinner. We took the neck out of the cavity of the turkey and proceeded to place it in his fly of his pants. We then rounded up his two cats and let them have a feast as we were yelling at him to wake up. He was still pretty drunk so it took him a while to focus on the situation at hand but when he finally clued into the cats eating his crotch he snapped, but the best part was when he grabbed the neck thinking it was his you know what and was about to stuff it back in his pants and it came off. holy crap he freaked out. I am sure I wet myself that night.
Dale

--------------------
Dale Kerr

Posts: 221 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one Happened to me a few years ago. After my divorce and I moved back to CO a friend of mine wanted to go Sking. Didn't think much about so we went to Aspen for the weekend. Come to find out it was Gay Pride weekend and he thought I needed a rebound date.

So payback time 2 years later hes getting ready to move to CA so were going to have a Farewell party at our local bar... Hence a 25' banner across Main Street..
"Craig Leany comming out Party 7pm at Kates" in a real nice Pretty Pink Banner.
That cost me a $75 Ticket and almost lost my Buisness Lic. But was worth it when I saw his face.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Kerr
Visitor
Member # 4661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Kerr   Email Dale Kerr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another time.... I was working in a car dealership as a sales rep and the manager was a real "Mr. Man" so I am not a very big and he was always a bit of a goof to me trying to flex his managerial muscle. So one day it was quiet and I hatched my plan. I asked him to finally put his money where his mouth is and I would bet him $100.00 I could take him in an west indian arm wrestle. He said sure and so I explained the type of wrestling it was similar to a traditional arm wrestle except I would offer him the advantage of using his whloe arm and I would only use two fingers in the fight as I felt very confident and really wanted to end his bullying. He bought it... SO in the joke you line up the opponents arm and twist his wrist so his fist is perfectly inline with his colgate smile. THe object is to pull his fist forward and pin him to the table. Your opponent is going to pull back in the direction of his face with all his might. Just the physics of it allows you to literally hold him there for hours with just a couple of fingers.
One of the other sales guys clued into what was going on and he stepped up and said he would also wager a $100.00 that I could take him as well. THis was perfect because now the other salesman aligned our arms up perfectly, and my opponent was none the wiser.
SO the battle started and I just sat there holding his fist in place and started whislting silly songs and singing litlle songs to him about how weak he was. He was pulling so hard his face was beat red and the vsins in he forehead and neck looked like they would burst. after about 3 or 4 minutes I started calling him a weak little man and started giving him a verbal assualt just to infuriate and antagonize him evan more.

THen when I thought he was good and worked up I let go.
He literally kncked himself out cold. It was beautiful. WHen he came to he chased me all through the dealsership showroom and ran straight for the owners office. I knew the owner had importnat clients in there so Terry would be pretty much screwed if a fight broke out. Terry came charging down the hall at me cursing and swearing he was going to kill me. That got the owners attention who excused himself fromthe client to see what the ruckus was. terry was all but foaming at the mouth, and told henry the owner what happened and how he was going to kill me. All the owner did was say to him well if your that stupid I guess I need a new Sales manager, and fired him on the spot.
Guess who got the sales managers job!

Dale

--------------------
Dale Kerr

Posts: 221 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per Jill's Request....

A few counties over (Butler county, where Jill lives to be exact) they used to have a weekend long parts-a-rama. This weekend was always a couple weeks before the county fair and of course, the signs and banners for the fair were already in place. Friday night was always "cruise" night and the whole crew I ran with would head over. We'd spend hours on the streets downtown, then head up the hill to the highway to go home. At the top of this hill was always a HUGE banner that, at the beginning of the night, always said "Big Butler Fair" and the dates. Yep, you guessed it. I have friends who still have the "LER" hanging in their garages, consider them mementos of days gone by.

When I was at the power plant, we had all been there way too long and got a bit nuts. Every day was a new prank. We had a superintedent for a subcontractor, very tall, sweet and extremely quiet guy. He had fought to keep his guys out of an area they didn't want to go into and they thanked him by getting on their knees & doing the "we're not worthy" scene from Wayne's World, only the chant was "We love you Wade". Did I mention he was shy and easily embarassed? We put together a 10 day long "Fluck with Wade week". Every day people would page him or call him on the radio just to publicly announce that they loved him. I would go to any fax machine I could find & fax him big hearts that say "Wade" inside. Really messed with his mind that all these subs were "loving Wade" too. The end was the Monday 10 am subcontractor meeting. All of our superintendants and supers from the 6 or so subs were there. The week before we sent our engineer out with camera & he snuck a pict of Wade. Smoothie & I spent the weekend printing the iron-on t-shirt transfers that had Wade's face in a big heart. I also made a bunch of buttons of the same thing. Monday morning, we made sure Wade was the last one to the meeting (his timekeeper was in on the plan and detained him) When he walked in, every single person in the meeting had a "we love wade" shirt or button on. I've yet to be able to duplicate that exact shade of bright red.

One of our biggest pranksters was nicknamed Toad. To get even with him, the ironworkers hooked up with the project super & had him take Toad to lunch early. Lunch time, the ironworker general foreman & 2 others took 2 rolls of ducttape & 2 rolls of shrink wrap and wrapped his truck, crisscrossing the whole time. This was after they greased his steering wheel, brake release lever & gear shifter. The sign they put on the grill under the clear wrap said "Captain Condom. We wrap everything"

There was a sweet little ironworker who helped on the truck wrapping. Just happens he owned a new yellow motorcycle that he was very particular about. On nice days he's ride it to work and park by the guardshack. Toad & I set up a plan. I got back from lunch, grabbed the radio & managed to keep a straight face. I called for the ironworked general foreman & asked if one of his guys owned a yellow motorcycle. He said yes & told me who it was. We knew that this guy sat beside a foreman with a radio at lunch and could hear everything. I then proceeded to announce that the guard thought it was an ironworker, but wasn't sure and that it was lying on it's side in the parking lot with gas pouring out of it. The GF told me to light it. These guys had lunch on the 11th or 13th floor. Your choices down are the stairs or a very slow elevator. From my office to the plant itself was about 3 blocks away. About 3 minutes after I set the radio down, he came bursting into the office, grasping for breath, face a shade of red I will never forget, and told me "Chris, don't let them bring you down to their level". I about peed myself.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night before a friend got married, we got him all liquored up and, once he passed out, put him on a train to New York City without his ID and only 35 cents in his pocket. [Big Grin]

Got the phone call from him at 7:15 AM in Conneticut...hung up. So much for the 35 cents.

A few hours later, it was wedding time. As I and my cohorts from the night before enetered the church...well...let's just say we were welcomed rather loudly by the father of the bride. [Eek!]

The wedding, scheduled for noon, finally got under way at 3PM.

We miss our friend. His wife will not let him come out and play with us anymore.
[Frown]
Rapid

[ August 10, 2004, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate snakes! One spring, ERnie and I were out near our barn cleaning up brush. There was a fiberglas panel on the ground. I went to pick it up and ERnie says "Theres a snake under there",

I dropped the panel and said "No there isn't- your joking. I picked up the panel, looked down near my feet- a 4foot fat snake. Dropped te panel, screamed and teleported myself about 6 feet. Ernie laughed the whole time.

We had a van, my Father in law and Ernie were installing paneling inside. I was the Go-Fer.
Dad was drilling through the ribs of the van.
as the drill bit made it through you would hear it
hit the outside metal. "Oh no, I put a hole in the roof" said Dad. Up on the roof I would go to inspect, After about 8times doing this they couldn't contain their laughter.

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Williams
Visitor
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Williams   Email Bruce Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just about any ol' key, broken off, will fit into just about any ol'lock, and won't come out.

--------------------
Bruce Williams
Lexington KY

Posts: 945 | From: Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the time that Ryan Young hijacked Letterville from the Mazeppa Muster?
We were all about dying laughing at the way he was "editing" posts, and I was all worried that Steve Shortreed was gonna be mad!
Love...Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'll add one that was played on me around the age of fourteen or so. One weekend we were at a swap meet at the local track when my brothers friend asked me to go to the Holley trailer and ask for a Hymen diaphram for a Holley 650 carberator.

I bet they are still laughing about that one. [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!