Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Recent wall sign..on Alumalite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Recent wall sign..on Alumalite
Tom Rose
Resident

Member # 606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Rose   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one I recently completed. 10mm 5' x 10' Alumalite.
Name is formed plastic from Gemini, Paint can sticks out 12" from sign face. Splashes are Signfoam glued to sign and the wall.  -

Thanks for checking this out. Tom Rose T. Rose Signs

--------------------
Tom Rose
1938 Model Sign Dude
T.Rose Signs Whitehall,PA

Posts: 327 | From: Whitehall,PA,USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun sign work Tom! How did you form the can?

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Rose
Resident

Member # 606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Rose   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Joy,
I made a form for the can from 3/4" mdo. 3 half round pcs. assembled to a 3/4" base. A sheet metal shop covered it.

--------------------
Tom Rose
1938 Model Sign Dude

Posts: 327 | From: Whitehall,PA,USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom...neat sign...but I keep wondering what the can would have looked like if treated a little more realistic...with rims and a handle...maybe even with some paint dripping down the side...it looks great but if you are like me you're always wondering how could it have looked even better...of course there are always budgets and time considerations that come into play on most jobs that dictate how far one go...but I like it...it does convey the message that Shane must be one heck of a neat painter.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Rose
Resident

Member # 606

Rusty....We ( Shane and I ) did consider a handle and paint dripping down the outside of the can. This is located where people are whipping around the corner, and have little time to look at the sign.

This was mostly based on a print ad that he was using. I think we may add the handle, but as shiny as the can is, I think the paint run might not be easy to pick up on.

You're right, like you I am seldom fully satisfied with what I produce ! This guy is indeed a good painter and a smart businessman. He had me do some painted lettering halfway up a 100' big white storage tank. Thank God he rented the lift!

--------------------
Tom Rose
1938 Model Sign Dude

Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it very much Tom.

I like the idea of paint dripping on the side too.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking job, Tom.

I too, think the drip would be neat.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a smart looking sign Tom.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!