Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Ad Campaign

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ad Campaign
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My work has been taking off in a direction I was striving for. Finally! [Smile]

Here is some work I'm pretty happy with because I first designed the logo, did ads, stationery and biz card for them, and then went on to put together a whole ad campaign for them.

I thought up the concept,(Real Pilates, Real Results), header and slogans, (kind of a nike type "power" theme) and I even took the photographs. I've been printing out big ad posters, and it's getting good response.

The photos are taken in the pilates studio, after one of my classes. Yup, I actually work out doing those crazy poses on those crazy contraptions! hahaha

Seriously Fit was my first idea. Thought it was a good header for that photo since she looks so intense. She, by the way, is Tess, my instructor.

Seriously Fit

It's not just fitness, It's life. I actually saw this saying posted at the gym. I loved it, (actually is something I believe in myself) and thought it went well with this shot. I think it really helps to believe in what you are selling.
Its Life

Stretch ... I just really like this photo. Especially with the mirrored image.
Stretch

Get Strong ... Again, I thought up the header inspired by the photo.
Get Strong

Panera ... now this was a test in cross marketing. The studio is on the second floor, above a Panera Bread restaurant. (a chain I think most of you may be familiar with) I thought I'd advertise on some of the common space on the building, by including them in the ad. Tricky eh? hehehe

Panera

Challenge, Viewpoint and Superbody.
Not settled on the headers I came up with. Am open to alternatives if any of you think of something better.
Viewpoint
SuperBody
Challenge

I love taking photos, and was pleased with these shots. I'm taking more, and will have more to add eventually to this campaign. I'm in the process of putting together a website and a brochure for them that will follow this theme.

[Smile]
~nettie

[ July 21, 2006, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Janette Balogh ]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you did a great job with the layouts and headers. Clever! I love seeing where your design capabilites are taking you, this is very interesting.
On a personal note though (and please excuse my ignorance) those pictures would make me NOT want to go there, I can't help but think of a torture chamber and would probably be willing to pay money in order to get out of having to do those exercises. But that's just me. [Smile]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1964 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lotti, I hear ya! hahaha [Smile]

I'm actually thinking of refraining from printing the Challenge and Viewpoint shots (haven't output those yet) because of the scary "torture like" feeling of the apparatus and the pose. We would use those in just the right instances, where a challenge might intice someone. (sports related arenas, or dance studios etc)

I am also working on getting photos of elderly people doing pilates, and also guys. Yes, we have both at the studio.
There is one guy that is approaching 70, still plays tennis, and swears pilates helps him with his game.

I take semi private lessons. There is a gal in my class that is 72, and you would swear she is no older than 52!!!! It's inspiring.

I am wanting to get photos, and testimonials from these folks for the brochure and website.

I am also going to put together ad posters targeting the older generation, and targeting men ... kids too It's in the works!

[Smile]

[ July 21, 2006, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Janette Balogh ]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good LORD Nettie, you go near that stuff on PURPOSE ?!?!? [Eek!]

I should talk though, you should see my ice climbing rig [Wink]

I'm not going to comment on your work, we already know you're a goddess. I'm very happy for you that you work is going in a desirable direction. Congratulations!!! Like your sig. says "When love and skill work together..."

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy Beaudette
Visitor
Member # 1983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy Beaudette   Author's Homepage   Email Nancy Beaudette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job...great portfolio pieces! Keep up the fabulous work.

--------------------
Nancy Beaudette
Cornwall, Ontario

Posts: 227 | From: Cornwall, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
again...great job! glad to see you going in the direction you want.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Duckett
Visitor
Member # 4505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Duckett   Email John Duckett       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything looks great! I love the style and colors.

--------------------
John Duckett
Strike Creative
Greenwood, South Carolina

Posts: 277 | From: Greenwood, SC | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracie Johnson
Visitor
Member # 6117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracie Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tracie Johnson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really great stuff, Nettie. I like the "torture" photos. I think in this day of mountain climbing, bungie jumping, and extreme sports, there are a lot of people that really want to be challenged physically. I think those will really appeal to a particular audience.

Great concept and slogans. I think it will be a really effective campaign.

One thing I noticed is you have periods some of the slogans: Real Pilates. Real Results. On the others you have a comma. I like the periods; I think they have more impact.

--------------------
Tracie Johnson
Signovations
Ventura, California

Posts: 444 | From: Ventura, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very clean, eye-catching work-nice photos, as well- it all "works out" nicely together
Cat

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice campaign Nettie--- advertising is more fun than coating out MDO right?!

Great stuff.

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, Nettie- the layouts remind me of some principles the "Ogilvie on Marketing" book I read a while back.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Nettie! I like the whole theme and this has to be a fun project.

Few thought I had...
On that Challenge your comfort zone one.... "ain't no way you're getting me in something like that!" is my first thought.

On the viewpoint one, I'm thinking something along the lines of "Get a Fresh Outlook on Life" would attract my attention more. For some reason, I like the word outlook over viewpoint. Dunno why, maybe viewpoint makes me think of a side in a debate or The View (I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than watch that).

The Super Body one does nothing for me, but I can't come up with another caption for it.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding! Work to be proud of and as usual...you churn out consistantly professional imagery.

Love the bold font....is an LHF font?

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your design skills were always top notch in my opinion but you're soaring to new heights. Keep up the great work.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few things that popped into my mind when looking at the images.....

Re ViewpointL
Fresh Horizons / Change Your Outlook
I guess some might equate the word horizons with seniors ' but I wonder if that would be a bad thing, it might counteract the torture effect? If you are thinking of targeting them.....

or maybe Vantage Advantage

Vantage is defined as :
a)superiority,
b)A position, condition, or opportunity that is likely to provide superiority or an advantage.

Rather than the word challenge what about the word Dare or Defy as in Defy Your Boundaries

The word "PUSH" strikes me as a fitting one too.

Ok, you asked [Wink]

Nice work, looks like fun and a challenge.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Nettie, well done!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Nettie...and fantastic work!!

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job!
I also felt "Change your outlook" could be a viable alternative... other then that, I think I want to join a Pilates class now. The campaign must be working!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely top notch in all aspects!

I really like the photography. Great lighting and great composition convey the message quickly and accurately.

Everything ties together neatly.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!