Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Business Card for Gary Freudiger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Business Card for Gary Freudiger
Keith Myers
Resident

Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Myers   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Myers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently had the privledge of making some business cards for Gary Freudiger. He had a good logo to start off with, so it made the cards pretty easy to make.

Critiques...suggestions...lay 'em on me!

-

--------------------
Keith Myers
SignOn Enterprises
222 E. 3rd St
Burkburnett, TX 76354
940-569-3000
keith@signonsigns.com
www.SignOnSigns.com

Posts: 149 | From: Burkburnett, Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Cosharek
Resident

Member # 1274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Cosharek   Email Bill Cosharek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you did a great job. There are just a few things I'd change. The back of the card looks good as-is, or is that the front? The only
thing I'd do with that is show a fine outline to depict the actual border; so as people won't think that scroll is projecting outside of the perimater. (that should be obvious though, if it's compared to the top image)

What bothers me up top, is the black portion above the name. By stretching the name & crowding the side margins, you've created a black
bar which diverts attention away from the name. I'd bring it in a bit leaving enough margin on the sides to frame the name. That'll eliminate
that distracting top bar. Using a black background gave you more leadway than if you'd used white; but I think it would look better with
that change.

Try that 1st. If it includes Graphix & the striped triangle, reducing that slightly might be all it needs. Seeing it's for a business card,
it's probably fine. But, I'd give a little more space between the phone number & signs panel. Maybe move that panel up slightly; therefore
allowing the p in Graphix to overlap the panel. I think I'd eliminate the stripes above & below his name. I think that they're not necessary.

Otherwise, all else seems fine.

--------------------
Bill Cosharek
Bill Cosharek Signs
N.Huntingdon,Pa

bcosharek@juno.com

Posts: 703 | From: N.Huntingdon, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, push all of the text up to leave a little less black space.

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Myers
Resident

Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Myers   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Myers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks for the tips, I'll remember them for my next card.

It's amazing how you can look at something, think it's all in order, then you post it for everyone to view and they point out things that make you wonder why you didn't see them.

Thanks!

--------------------
Keith Myers
SignOn Enterprises
222 E. 3rd St
Burkburnett, TX 76354
940-569-3000
keith@signonsigns.com
www.SignOnSigns.com

Posts: 149 | From: Burkburnett, Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!