Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Next run idea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Next run idea
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just starting on ideas for this years bike run that I help with.
This year THEY decided everything should be simpler.
THEY want a one color design black on ORANGE (yuck)
Kinda pees me off that with all the work I put into last years art to help them quadruple the charity's take then come back this year with ... "the dream catcher was nice but" ... now they want something "more biker".

Does this seem "biker" enough

-

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY well done!
How long did it all take you to draw?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you dont sell or trade me one of those shirts this time I will be POed big time. Great work

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ernest Clark
Visitor
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ernest Clark   Email Ernest Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great design,love it.
Ernie

--------------------
Ernest Clark
Dahlonega Sign Co.
101 Whispering Winds Dr
Murrayville,Ga 30564
Been there, Done that, Probably do it again.

Posts: 134 | From: Dahlonega,Ga. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ian,
it's kinda a few sketches lumped together with the computer.
Designed the bars logo a few years back.
the flames were a different idea that I worked into it after they mentioned a rat on a bike ... wich took about 3-4 hours (after google searching bikes and rats)
Tough to exactly time it because I enjoy the pencil and wasn't all at one sitting.
Pre-lumping stuff can be seen here (if interested)
http://www.slamgraphics.com/creekside/04ideas/

This is only the rough ... (just today found out it's a dice run instead of a poker run this year ... erase, erase.)
for flyers and stuff,
shirts probably wont get printed till like June, hopefully I can talk them into full color again by then.

I will let you all know before hand.

Ryan, I'll trade for a picture of your beautiful hair ... HAHAHAHAHA ... NOT hahahaha

--------------------

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's way kool Mark!!!

I like it alot!

Joe,
Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
%$#%ing awsome Mark. [Applause] [Applause] [Cool]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like another keeper, Mark. Keep up the good work......!

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark. The stages of the design are as educational as the finished article, plus they help one to appreciate it more.
Nice eagle!

PS orange, with half-tones on black won't be quite so bad, but you'd need an underbase of course, which means more than one colour...

[ February 10, 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Ian Stewart-Koster ]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darrell Giese
Visitor
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darrell Giese   Author's Homepage   Email Darrell Giese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great.
Only thing is that hand off the right grip.

--------------------
this space for rent

Posts: 130 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black on Orange geez almost seems like Harley colors, why the heck would they want that Duh???

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

The hand is going to change anyhow because there isn't much point in holding a royal flush at a dice run LOL (was a poker run) ... other than that?

First run we made Ash Gray shirts for sale and neon green for staff (see picture to left)
That way if there were any problems they could just find someone in a green shirt.

Everyone wanted to buy the green ones instead of the gray.

OK, maybe it was the gray ... bikers like black so...

Last year black shirts were printed for sale and yellow ones for staff.
(after stupid arguing over the staff colors that resulted in "OK you can have yellow this year if we can have orange next")
Everybody wanted to buy a yellow one instead of black.

So this year everybody gets the staff colors (which was decided orange last year)

DUH!!!
hahahaha

--------------------

Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mark, that is Badass.
Had an idea for the dice - make the rat's hand open as if he's just thrown two die that are flying out into the foreground, tumbling over the Creekside.

It's such a strong design it'll will look professional and cool no matter what colors, but hopefully they'll throw in a second ink color. black line art with a white or cream fill would be so much stronger on Orange than just the black line by itself. Good luck - good work!

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Updated and put on orange here

--------------------

John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 14 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killer work Mark. Thats cool as he**!

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Good!
P.S. what about putting "Slam" on the rat's singlet above the cross ( or else along the tank) ? (you deserve to give yourself more promotion in it!)

[ February 16, 2004, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Ian Stewart-Koster ]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mark, my favorite color is orange! (hint, hint). I always enjoy seeing your sketches.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!