Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Anyone want to learn airbrush and autopaint?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone want to learn airbrush and autopaint?
Brett Baker
Visitor
Member # 712

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Brett Baker   Email Brett Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being as the New England meet is so close to me I thought it would be fun to go. I have been hacking away at custom paint and airbrush work for 20+ years and although there are artist I feel humbled by, I've met none who know any great deal more about paint properties,proper application and prep, compatibilities,special effects and custom mixes.What I was wondering was if anyone would be interested in me packing up my equipment and coming out and giving a free class and BS session to those who want to either learn to paint or know how to paint and want some new tricks? Maybe learn the differences in types of paint, compatability, chemical makeup, proper recoat times and proceedures and how to updo a major mistake (a specialty, don't ask!LOL)? Also proper equipment chioces and maintainence and safety precautions with various paints? The same weekend as the meet is a big airbrush expo in Atlantic City where you can pay $500 to take a class that will teach you some of this knowledge.If interested in a free class like this please leave a post.I am new to these meets and don't have a clue how they work but would like to give back something for all the info I have recieved from you folks.Let me know!

------------------
Brett Baker
candykolor@aol.com
"free your mind,the rest will follow"

Posts: 73 | From: Scotia NY USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brett, think you'll be out in California sometime??? Man, I wish I could take you up on that, sounds like a great opportunity!Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

A PROUD sponsor of this amazing site...U can B 2!!
"If it wasn't for signs, you wouldn't know where you are!!"

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brett Baker
Visitor
Member # 712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brett Baker   Email Brett Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Adrienne,don't let thatr stop you! The price of the classes at an "Airbrush Getaway" are $500. Bet you could shop around and get airfare to Boston and a motel for less!Plus get to meet and play with all your east coast letterville friends! Plan it for your vacation!Even better, you can write it off as a business expense since it is a trip to learn a biz related skill. Go for it girl!!

------------------
Brett Baker
candykolor@aol.com
"free your mind,the rest will follow"

Posts: 73 | From: Scotia NY USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Landry
Visitor
Member # 1352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Landry   Email Kevin Landry       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brett

If your ever this way (Nova Scotia). Give me a jingle. We can use all of the help we can get.

Kevin or Lynn

------------------

Posts: 314 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Davis
Visitor
Member # 1408

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Jack Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is a great idea myself. It certainly could broaden the horizons of many who have found themselve in a rut. I would like to come to the meet, as I understand their are going to be carving techniques and maybe gilding instruction. I have been a fine artist for 20 years, and have messed around with an airbrush quite a bit, but I really don't know the proper technics for metals or vinyls. I hope their will be enough interest for you to get this together.....Good luck, Bronzeo

------------------
Jack Davis
1410 Main St
Joplin, MO 64801
bronzeo@prodigy.net
http://www.imagemakerart.com

Posts: 1549 | From: Joplin, MO | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MKinIN
Visitor
Member # 279

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MKinIN   Author's Homepage   Email MKinIN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brett how's about Indiana. If you ever get over this way I would love to drain some of your knowledge.

------------------
Matt Koerner
in Indiana
K designs

kdesigns@dmrtc.net

kdesigns4u.com

Posts: 84 | From: Washington, IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Douglas Worden
Visitor
Member # 125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Douglas Worden   Author's Homepage   Email Douglas Worden       Edit/Delete Post 
Brett nice jesture on your part...... i did most of my custom painting in New England and semi retired in Washington. Hope someone takes you up on that offer--- 20 years--- is a lot of experience in custom paint applications. You could always join me and Larry Williams in the Cyber paint shop id give you a spot on the web site for teaching your tricks of the trade.....custom paint comes from the mind not the can.. DocCyber

------------------
http://www.doccyber.com/paintshop

Posts: 213 | From: Blaine, WA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New England, eh? Hmmm, I dunno, it's an awfully long ways from here. When is it? Too bad I don't know any one out there I could stay with. 'fraid all my extra cash is destined for the Boise meet anyhow.
Thanks for the welcome tho'. Have fun!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

A PROUD sponsor of this amazing site...U can B 2!!
"If it wasn't for signs, you wouldn't know where you are!!"

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Abner
Visitor
Member # 596

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Joe Abner   Email Joe Abner       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brett,

That is a generous offer!!! I have never attended a meet and I am new to the sign world. But I am planning on attending the New England one this June. I have merely "played" with my airbrush and would love to bring it along to the meet and get some experience with it. If there is interest and you have a class, sign me up!!! I am looking forward to meeting all the sign people of this BB and learning some new tricks too!!

Joe

------------------
Joe Abner
dba Talisman Signs
Middleboro, MA

Posts: 50 | From: Middleboro,Ma USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!