Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » "The Eye"...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Eye"...
Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a phone call tonight (6:30pm) from a stranger, wanting a small banner for Christmas morning. I had the banner in stock and it would have taken about 30 minutes. My wife was standing right by the phone with her head cocked, waiting for my reply. I told the woman that we were closed until Friday morning. She offered me double because nobody else would do it. My wife gave me "THE EYE"...

"I'm sorry, Merry Christmas, click".

"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

[ December 24, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Terry Baird ]

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delzell
Visitor
Member # 1965

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Delzell         Edit/Delete Post 
I will put you on my do not call list [Cool]

--------------------
Debbie

Posts: 674 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT IF...that was a phone call from god...and that was a test.....hehehehehehehehhee

[ December 25, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 4 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shucks Terry, I thought this was a neat eye on top of the pyramid on the dollar bill conspiracy theory post. Most conspiracy theories sell fear at a premium, I was hoping to get some for free.

O.P., I don't get it..what kind of test? You pass because you trust your wife's intuition, or you fail because you don't offer stellar customer service? Pray tell, what wouldest thee hath done sir O.P.???

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Languein
Visitor
Member # 319

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mike Languein         Edit/Delete Post 
Would I, wood eye!

Oh yeah? Big nose, big nose!

Posts: 1859 | From: / | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i woulda made god a sign....heheheheheheheh his moneys good at my place......

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's ALWAYS better to have the HAPPY mama - I learned that the HARD way.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knowest of what thou speakest of, Sir Sonny...

Boy, dost thou know...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gosh! I'm just a sign whore. I would have waited till my spouse went to sleep and done the job. Or, I'd do it right away and hand the cash over to my spouse.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like people who plan ahead....

Have a Merry Christmas, Terry!

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

My husband got the "eye" this year too! LOL
First he tells me that he might not work on Christmas Day (first time since we met) and then a few days ago he says - No, I definitely have to work.

I put my foot down and told him that it was time that his sous chef and his staff step up to the plate. It wasn't going to be busy today and there was NO reason whatsoever that he had to go in today. He finally saw the light and is mighty glad that he did. We just had some awesome eggs benedict, my daughter is playing with her presents and we watched Finding Nemo (for the 900th time) on DVD.

Life's good.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas Eve night, about 7:15, with a house full of family, the phone rings. I answer it and it's a wrong number. Someone trying to call KMart. Geez people, most people's Christmas celebrations have already started & you're still looking to go shopping. You haven't had enough time in the last 2+ months since they started pushing Christmas shopping on us?

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The guts of people, to phone someone at home on Christmas Eve, expecting them to go to work because they failed to plan ahead!
I'd have to be extrememly desperate to take on such a job. In fact, I'd have to be desperate to even be NICE to such a caller. Christmas or not.

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey OP,

I figure if the call was a test from God, he passed with flying colors when he put his family before the dollar.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I spent mine with my family.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there was time to do it, I would have asked my wife to help, get it done, and give it to her with a merry christmas wish, or taken the money and given it to the food bank. She was obviosly wanting to please someone and I find it an honor to be involved in someones dreams. I don't want to punish her for not planning better, she's offering double to punish herself.

I also didn't see that she phoned you at home...I assume she called a phone number associated with a business name from the phone book.

Keeping peace at home is most important.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rick,
Terry is a home based business! I someone call me on the 23rd for something for christmas- he had been putting off the order because of the flu. My husband obliged- the man had his edge prints on Dec 24th morning. Who knows what can lead to larger orders.

diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Faulkner
Visitor
Member # 2511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Faulkner   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Faulkner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was out delivering Christmas eve as part of our visits with friends and family. I always have last minute requests.... being a last minute shopper myself I guess I can relate.

HOWEVER !!!!!....... one MUST ALWAYS obey "THE [Eek!] EYE" or suffer the peril!!

--------------------
"No excuses!.... No regrets!..."

GEET
www.goldrushsigns.com
known associate... pinstripermafia.com

Posts: 724 | From: Florissant, CO | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!