Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » New to this board...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New to this board...
Jereme Gauthier
Visitor
Member # 4351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jereme Gauthier   Email Jereme Gauthier       Edit/Delete Post 
I see a few familiar names...

To the rest-Hello!

Now I've got a question-how do I post a picture for my avatar?

--------------------
Jereme Gauthier
Kustom Kolor
Norway, MI

Posts: 33 | From: Norway, MI | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guy!
Ya gotta be a resident to post a pic....but it is well worth the $$.
Welcome aboard!
Love- JILL [Wink]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Nyman
Visitor
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Nyman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
Welcome to the board, we are only 45 minutes from you.
Got lots of help and information from people on here.

/David and Jenna Nyman

--------------------
David Nyman
Nyman Signs
100 South 8th Street
Escanaba, MI 49829

Posts: 80 | From: Escanaba, Michigan USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY!! Welcome Jereme!!

I HAVE NO IDEA how to post a pic!! [Big Grin]
I gave Steve Shortreed 50 bucks to do it for me!

[ December 20, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Letterville Jereme. Now click that green CHAT button right over their and chat with some of us! We'll tell you how to become a resident.
By the way, I'm SignLady on the chat!
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome from a Troll. Most people don't know but people in the Upper peninsula of Michigan are called Yupers. But people that live in the upper peninsula called people in the lower peninsula trolls because we live below the bridge (Mackinaw bridge that is).

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome

Go to the left and read the directions under step by step

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to town!

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jereme Gauthier
Visitor
Member # 4351

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jereme Gauthier   Email Jereme Gauthier       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcomes!

Jillbeans-what's up with the $$$? Not sure what "resident" status is?
Sheila-I have my own server and can host the pic, I just need to know where to put the link in so it shows up. It can't cost $50 to post a pic on here, can it? Every other MB I go to you can post avatars for free-I think it's cool to see people's pics-can I post pics in the message itself?
Working right now, Judy-got a few motorcycle tanks, a tailgate, a leather jacket and a painted sign due by Christmas...will check out the chat function another time-just popping on here during breaks...
Hey Laura-where's Lapeer? I used to live on Lapeer street in Lansing..
Rick-I checlked the step by step...all I saw was a bunch of how to articles...
Hi kisssy-glad to be here...
And lastly-David-Escanaba, eh? I go there a few times a year-was there twice this fall mountain biking out at Days River by Gladstone...

--------------------
Jereme Gauthier
Kustom Kolor
Norway, MI

Posts: 33 | From: Norway, MI | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Letterville Jereme [Smile]

We'd love to see some pictures of your work just follow these directions.

To post a picture after you have uploaded it to your server.. all you have to do is use the instant UBB code it is directly under the message box you type your post in.

You will see a list of 10 boxes
just hit image and another box will appear that is were you put your photo link..

Here's a few tips on saving your photos for the web, and the BB in particular.

1. If your image is a photograph with more than 240 colors, save it as a .jpg. If it is artwork with only a few colors, a .gif is the way to go.

2. Save your image at 72dpi. Any higher resolution just isn't needed for a monitor.

3. Keep your image under 500 pixels in width.

4. If using a jpg, always compress it before saving it for the web. I usually save my images at 75% their original file size. You'll be amazed how much your file size is reduced without any loss of quality. It will load faster and reduce bandwidth use at our end.

Jill was talking about the personnel photo's you will see beside the names of some of the posters here in Letterville. That is just one of the perks that Resident's of Letterville receive. Here is a link explaining more about the benefits of becoming a Resident.
http://www.letterhead.com/residents/index.html

Looking forward to seeing your pictures:)

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!