Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » I GOTA KNOW......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I GOTA KNOW......
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHO.......did that ugly PURPLE MOTOR HOME for the PRILOSEC commercial???????????????????????
someone some got paid well for that U G L Y billboard....hehehehehehe

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Barba
Visitor
Member # 431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Barba   Email Steve Barba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sign-A-Rama

--------------------
"B0LT" on the chat room thing.

steven.barba@yellowjackets.bhsu.edu
605-720-7669

Posts: 768 | From: Sturgis South Dakota | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP,
I wanna know who did the pinstriping in the PT Cruiser commercial & magazine ads! It looks familiar!
Love- JILL

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see...
A huge vehicle on the road with gawdy ..circus like graphics on it....
Hmmmmmmm..........
I wonder too...........

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahahahahahaha Michael!!! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP,

Maybe the people who approved the design had a few to many pills in them at the time...???

"GROOVY, MAN! That bus is gonna look FAR OUT!

????????????
Rapid

(edited for spelling...I think I had a flashback [Razz] )

[ December 20, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jereme Gauthier
Visitor
Member # 4351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jereme Gauthier   Email Jereme Gauthier       Edit/Delete Post 
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw that commercial-UGLY!!!

--------------------
Jereme Gauthier
Kustom Kolor
Norway, MI

Posts: 33 | From: Norway, MI | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you jereme, thats 2 concuring opinions so i aint alone....fer the resr of ya makein fun of my mobile sign shop...MINE IS NOT U G L Y!!! just colorful!! and when iam rich, you can call me eccentric....hehehehehe

[ December 21, 2003, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Mathel
Visitor
Member # 526

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jerry Mathel   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Mathel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I have to agree that the Prilosec bus is butt ugly, but you DO have to admit that it got your attention, which is its primary purpose.

It reminds me of a few years ago when our downtown Firestone tire store changed hands and the new owners painted the building primrose yellow with purple trim and lettering. There was a major outcry from other downtown merchants but since the building was just outside the "historical district" there was nothing that said you couldn't paint your building any color you wanted.

There were lawsuits filed and for a couple of months the newspaper had a field day. The tire store couldn't have bought all the publicity they got. The store is still there, ugly as ever, but everybody in town knows where the "purple tire store" is.

I'm not sure I agree with that kind of "shlock" advertising, but in some instances it DOES seem to work.

--------------------
Jerry Mathel
Retired
Grants Pass, Oregon
signs@grantspass.com

Posts: 916 | From: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey old paint this isnt in regards to whatever you talking about in the above paragraphs i just wanted to say hello this is racheal we meet at the fort myers meet it was fun down there i have lots of pictures of you well i got to go. merry christmas to you and yours
with holiday love,
racheal johns
(jeff ogdens grandaughter)

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

glad to hear from ya....yes i remember you....i got those pics of you and jeff, and i ll see if i can email them....same to you have a merry xmas......my email is pitb@bellsouth.net

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!