Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Gerber Edge Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gerber Edge Question
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, does anyone know how to import a raster file into the Gerber Omega software and have it "embedded" rather than "linked"?

Right now, the images always seem linked, and when I go to output the file it always asks to be directed to the raster image file location to pull that file into the printing process.

I'd like to have it embedded in the plt file itself, so it doesn't always have to be "looking" for the file.

Thanks.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Pagan
Visitor
Member # 2507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Pagan   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Pagan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omega will not do that at this time.

to see more topics on this, look over at www.4edgetalk.com

--------------------
Scott Pagan
Admark Graphic Systems
Admark Motorsports Graphics
9700 Metromont Ind Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28269
www.admarkgraphics.com

Posts: 325 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post 
Drop the image into the job folder containing the .plt file. It works for me in GA.

Also, this way, you'll never lose track of the image file.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the output software will look wherever the rastor image was when it was first pasted into the .plt file, so the folder you place it in is of less importance then when you place it there. If you move it to the folder with the .plt files after the fact, you will still be asked "where is it"
I guess the main thing is doing something logical to you, so you are able to locate it. (At least when asked to look for it, we are given the name of the file that we need... thank god for that)

I have 2 folders in the Jobs folder created by Gerber. One is called "apltfile" & one is called "atiffile" they both appear at the top of the list alphabetically & I do back-ups of each folder on seperate CD's The downside is reorders of jobs with rastor images require me to deal with 2 cd's, the upside is I can fit far more .plt files on a CD, from not having rastor images on there. Since the majority of my work is spot printed vector files... for me the upside outweighs the downside.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for the advice....drats! Seems pretty logical to let you "embed" the file....Oh well.

Pretty much handling it Steve's way now.

Doug...interesting that you mention the "when" it was saved being the important factor, because that is what we are encountering. Made a change to the file and placed another copy of the image into the file, but Omega keeps asking for the particular file from the original location it was saved.....even though that's not where the newest one was saved.

[ December 17, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!