Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » "Posting Pics"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Posting Pics"
Richard Bustamante
Visitor
Member # 370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Bustamante   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bustamante   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reciently read where someone wanted to know how to post a pic on the "Bull Board". I responded to the post, and offered a place to put your pics. Anyones. I thought for sure, some of you would take me up.
It was a poor response. However, I did mamage to get something out of this. Stephen Deveau sent in a nice piece of airbrushed art, which was quite good. (in my opionion)

The normal process for posting a pic is kind`a hard for most, unless you know something about FTP (file transfer protocol) plus, you need a web to upload to. So if you know little about the net, you'll probibly have a difficult time with it, and even a harder time if you just surf.

Most of us have a scanner, being in the buisness, and all, and most of us know how to use it. Thats all you'll need to know. Oh! And how to e-mail. OK, heres what to do. Scan your pic and save it on your computer. Next, e-mail me, and attach the file you just scanned. (e-mail adress is at the bottom of the post) Most pics are 4"x6", so if you scan them in at 100dpi at 100% it will be fine. I'll take care of the rest, and e-mail you with the proper UBB code for posting your own pic. Its as simple as that.

Now heres Stephen Deveau's pic:

"Now theres no reason not to show your work."

------------------
Richard Bustamante
12646 E. American Ave.
Del Rey, Ca. 93616
e-mail: signwiz@valleyone.net
www.studio-b.net

Posts: 781 | From: Nevada City, California | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's really nice stuff!!!Thanks for sharing Stephen.
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

"Yeah, but are you master of your DOMAIN?"

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

[This message has been edited by AdrienneMorgan (edited March 03, 2000).]

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Bustamante
Visitor
Member # 370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Bustamante   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bustamante   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recieved another pic, this time from Dana Aaron with a 4x8 pannel that looks great.

I think I should clear things up a little. I was not intending to post your pics to the BB. I am offering space on my domain (web) for letterheads to use. I will upload your pic to the net, then give you the UBB code so that you can post your own pic. You see, a pic without a story is prety much dull. You can open up a new thred, write a your post and, (heres the good part) use your sign photo. It really is as simple as that.

Which leads me to my next thought.

"Does anyone need a "Cyber-Portfolio"?"
It involves almsot the same things, however, you'll have a web page of your own, with your cyber-portfolio in it. Once again e-mail your pics, and important information. I'll make a simple web page for you to use.

I really want to see your work.

------------------
Richard Bustamante
12646 E. American Ave.
Del Rey, Ca. 93616
e-mail: signwiz@valleyone.net
www.studio-b.net

Posts: 781 | From: Nevada City, California | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Harris
Visitor
Member # 586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Harris   Author's Homepage   Email Ed Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried to post here and am perplexed. I'm not dumb, I don't think, and I've been a netizen for about 6 years. I promise to try your guidelines and send something. (course, now the problem is finding something I'm proud enough of to show my contemporaries. Now that's tough!)
Take care.

------------------
Conform, go crazy, or
BE AN ARTIST!

Posts: 213 | From: Lexington, TN USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Percell
Merchant

Member # 399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the pictures should be saved at 72 dpi for the board, and shouldnt be any larger than 20,000 bytes large. This helps the posts load best, thus avoiding tying up the bandwidth. The occasional posting of pics is fine once in a while, but is discouraged due to the reasons I listed above.

It's best if you post a link to the pic of your choice, furthermore, there is a portfolio section for your work, but from time to time it doesnt hurt to post a little
humor to lighten things up around here.

------------------
Ron Percell
Percell Signs
707-769-0639
Petaluma, California

Home of the MicroMeet!

percell@percellsigns.com

Percell Signs Web Site

Posts: 913 | From: Petaluma,California,U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!