Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » Tool Time: 24 volt DeWalt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tool Time: 24 volt DeWalt
Brad Ferguson
Resident

Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Ferguson   Email Brad Ferguson       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, this is not a review. Rather, a request for one. Has anybody bought into the DeWalt 24 volt system yet? If so, I'd like to hear the hot stuff on it.

It's so frustrating, buying tools. Just when you think you got the best of the best of the best, something like this happens. 24 VOLTS! Good grief! It's not even listed in my DeWalt products booklet!
And where will it all end? Is innovation out of control? I already have to wear ballast on the other side of my tool belt when I carry the DeWalt 18 volt hammer drill, lest I fall over. Have you hefted the 24 volt hammer drill? Forget the lumbar support! I will hire a grunt to hump it. And the reciprocating saw looks like it needs wheels, though it's just as well that it doesn't have them. It would probably come with a TITLE.

What prompts my outburst on this subject?
Only last night, the manager of the tool section at Lowe's Home Improvement asked me to leave. I had stopped to admire the tools, which I do every time I go in. I had only asked a harmless question:
"How much does this hammer drill weigh?" I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck. I just wanted to know. But he was in a bad mood from the moment he saw me.
"You're upset because I asked about the weight?" I asked, incredulous.
"No!" he hissed. "Because every time you come in you salivate all around this display. And who do you think has to mop the floor when you leave?"
As I walked out the door, I saw his reflection in the glass, and he was still glaring at me.

He never did tell me how much it weighs.

So...any reviews?
If nobody can afford one yet, maybe R.T. will win one.

Brad in Arkansas

------------------
Brad Ferguson
4782 West Highway 22
Paris AR 72855
501-963-2642
signbrad@cswnet.com

Posts: 1230 | From: Kansas City, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
I think you are a tool aisle groupie!
I just updated to 18 V and had to lift weights to get into handlin my new drill.It does all I want and more....
Since I just upgraded,I am gonna wait for the 440 V cordless model to be introduced before jumping again and hope they package them with a bottle of wicked steroids for operator consumption to make the tools user friendly.A 440 should be able to drill oil wells with ease and be powerful enough to prematurely change the seasons against the will of mother nature herself..
I wonder how much diesel fuel the battery charger will use?

------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551
Ontime @localnet.com

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got a pair of the old TOP GUN 12V..and that sucker will break your wrist...but is light enough to stick in your belt....one of my batteries is dead...and a new one is 40 bucks....so if i by 2 batteries its $80...and i kin buy a new 13.5V for that same amount....what a de-lem-a.....ive salavated over the 18 volt dewalt, but is a hefty sucker.....i got a dewalt 1/2 hammer-drill, corded and i luv it...what to do what to do..........
old paint
joe

------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
6050 mobile hwy
pensacola, fl 32526
850-944-5060

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!