Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Old Archives » WHAT YOU EAT CAN KILL YA(OT) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WHAT YOU EAT CAN KILL YA(OT)
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will excuse me if I don't rehash this tired old subject. I will be out back having a cyber smoke, anyone care to join me?

http://www.cybercigarettebreak.com/

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP...how can you forgive yourself for all the (animal) murder you committed BEFORE becoming a PETA nut?

Today, I will eat a juicy cheeseburger garnished with bacon AND a load of fries cooked in animal fat in your honor.

You know, studies have shown that plant life has feelings and even react to music....hard to believe you would hack down and consume living organisms such as found in plantlife.

WHAT YOU EAT CAN MAKE YOU BARF! Can you imagine being restricted to eating weeds every day? Yeech!

Go McDonalds!!!!! Hehehehehehehehehehe

[ October 18, 2002, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahahahahahahaha dave.....cute!!! only way to smoke!!!!
todd, my poor misguided freind, as for my killing and eating meat, no i dont feel bad. that was then, sorta like life with the other 3 wifes, dont feel bad about that either. and you keep on eating your burger,(and i wont have you around to antagonize me)but if "wisdom" ever becomes something that you attain, then you will understand.......untill then enjoy the grease and drugs!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saaalurrrrrp! Finger lickin' good! Mmmmmmmm. [Razz]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this "good" fat and sugar Joe? (couldn't resist funnin' with ya!) heh-heh!

meet joe

A vegetarian lifestyle is valid, but quite a balancing act to fulfill. Much discipline involved in getting optimum benefits from it. It just ain't about loading up at the salad bar. [Wink]

I gave a mainly vegitarian lifestyle a try (7 yrs) and never really felt I was doing right by myself for the long term.

Sorry to hear about those who met their fate from that bacteria. Thanks for the heads up.

Janette

[ October 19, 2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Janette Balogh ]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA janet, yep dOnuts are ...veggie food. and no i dont make a habit of eating them. this was at a meet, and i do make do with whats offered. i tell people iam a vegetarian and the 1st thing they do is look me up and down, and they dont say it but but think, how can you be a veggie and be that big? i alway tell em(truth), i STILL have a battle with sweets and junk food. these are more harmful for ya than tainted meat!!!! i love ice cream, cake, chocolot,sonic banana cream pie shakes, and DENNEY'S cream pies. also have a problem with stuff that ends in O's......FRITO, DORITO, CHEETO,OREO.....i cant do just 1....of any of the above, 1 BAG....YES!!!!!! but we all have some "addiction", and iam doing the best i can with my last 2!!!! and if i ate meats, i would be probalby weigh 500 lb.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Now, see OP...it's really quite easy. You just have to follow the advice of a Republican, and "just say no". It works for all kinds of vices. "just say no" and walk away.

Just like you "say no" to meat...you "say no" to sugar.

Or better yet...say "no" to sugar and eat meat. [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vegetarianism can be a very complete way of living. Don't worry, to each his own. But I have done extensive research back in the early 70's and if you get the proper amount of amino acids along with a "healthy" pick of veggies, fruits, grains and nuts, along with the most fabulous ways things are cooked when done right, you just may feel wonderful, without all that bad colon crud. Hey, I do eat meat, and enjoy good meat, but do feel a tough time digesting it, and sleepy, yes, like a siesta sometimes, compared with the vegan lifestyle, where it just felt fabulous. I found a great vegetarian restaurant in Miami with all the best sauces and preparations, pleasing to the buds and the eye. The asthetics were awesome, not to mention the employees with a great attitude!
Since it is too hard for me to give up light meats and have everything in order to eat properly on that everyday, doesn't mean I don't want it back. I guess I would just have to add a tiny bit of fish everyday to make sure.
Even when I eat meat, I always want to eat the free range stuff, and is it yummy! And, more humane than raising the chickens in the coops! Plus, organic free range include a drug-free feed for them to be nourished on. So, if we do the meat, give that a try.

[ October 20, 2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jed Pedersen
Visitor
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jed Pedersen   Author's Homepage   Email Jed Pedersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of adding to the fire.

Being born is a fatal disease, got a cure?

P.E.T.A. stands for People Eating Tasty Animals

dOnuts are food for the brain, especially if the hunt ends at Krispy Kreme.

My ex-wife went veggie for a couple of years and rather than try to stock the larder with two different life styles I gave it a try too. I didn't lose the weight that I thought I would (probably the Krispy Kremes and coffee for breakfast) But other than that I survived quite nicely. I even learned to appreciate a good eggplant, and developed a contest winning veggie chili.

I have since gone back to the dark side and prefer my RibEye cooked on the rare side.

My attitude tends to get me into trouble more often than not. ( if you haven't ticked sombody off you're not doing it right!) But stressing about what someone thinks is alot harder on the body than diet can be. I plan on passing out of this world happy and on the trail of a rumored Krispy Kreme.

Take it Easy,

Jed

--------------------
Jed Pedersen
Graphic Air
157W 300N
Malad, Idaho 83252

Posts: 166 | From: S.E. Idaho | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

now your talkin to a DONUT CONIESURE.... and KRISPY KREMS ARE GARBAGE(i wont even eat em) DUNKIN' DONUTS RULE!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunkin' Donuts has the best coffee. The donuts are choke-downable. Tim Horton's makes the best apple fritters, next to Tops Markets (local store). DD definately has the best coffee...

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jed Pedersen
Visitor
Member # 2344

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jed Pedersen   Author's Homepage   Email Jed Pedersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP,

If Dunkin' Donuts had a fresh off the line glazed, that you could watch being cooked, while sipping on a french roast and then have it melt in your mouth before it has even started to cool, I'd conceed your point. Their other donuts are ok but not great. Dunkin' does have the best old fashioneds, cake donuts and boston cremes. But I still haven't found a better glazed than a fresh Kripsy Kreme. But to each their own... A donut is better than no donut! As it is the nearest Dunkin' is about 90 miles away and K.Kreme is over 120 miles. Neither one gets as much business as I would like. Most mornings I make do with the local gas stations selection. One of the drawbacks of having moved to the middle of nowhere. Can you say ROAD TRIP? !!

Tell ya what. If I get the chance to make it to a panel jam with you in attendance, the donuts are my treat where ever we can get them... Deal?

Never met a donut I didn't like,

Jed

--------------------
Jed Pedersen
Graphic Air
157W 300N
Malad, Idaho 83252

Posts: 166 | From: S.E. Idaho | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

the KK here...makes the GREASIEST donuts in the world, i will not eat them!!!! the ones at kathys meet where as good as DUNKIN!!!! yes its a deal!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After having my first KK in So CA I will have to say, those warm, fresh, glazed ARE the most amazing thing I've ever eaten!!!

The other verieties are yuck....and yes,Bruce, Tim Horton's are pretty good, eh?
I wonder if they have TH's in Victoria? I'm actually closer to Victoria than Seattle.

Our Church is taking orders for KK to raise money for the youth group...$7 a doz....concidering they have to leave at 5 am to get to Seattle early to pick them up (that's the closest one we have here) I guess that's not bad, 'cept they won't be warm!

Ya gotta have em warm!!

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Krispy Kremes are junk....probably make them out of been sprouts.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

todd ..you sick???....your AGREEING WITH ME.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Now...let's not get all sentimental OP....hehehe.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahahaaaa... Joe! I've got no problems with any of the "o"s. Don't get snagged by snack food and Donuts.

But bring a carton of Breyer's Mint Chocolate chip in the house, and now there's trouble.
I've actually taken a half eaten carton to the neighbour's and begged them to save me from it's grasp! hahahaaa ... no lie.

Then there's fudge! Dave and I just blew thru 2 pounds of the creamiest homemade stuff on our vacation.

Homemade chocolate chip cookies ... don't get me started! I baked a terrific version of them for our roadtrip, ... with choc. chunks, white choc. chips and tart dried cherries. Tooooo good!

My best defense from these goodies is to keep them out of the house!

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i keep most of that stuff outa the house, and as long as i stay home..........i do pretty good. family functions(hennie has neices, nephews, sisters, and their friends) are always havin birthdays,(chocolot cake, carrot cake,fritos, doritos, dips and cheese)and other get togethers....i belong to the pensacola vegetarian society(hahahahahha fancy name for a get together for a pot luck dinner, all great veggie fair)and my biggest problem is ice cream...could live on that.(must be from my druggie days, used to get stoned, and when i got the munchies....you guessed it 1/2 gal ice cream!!!)i cant do a really rich sweet...like "death by chocolot" a triple chocolat cake denneys has....to sweet.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!