Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard   
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Tips & Tricks » My new step by step for Rivets... BWAhahah

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new step by step for Rivets... BWAhahah
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so it's not that funny but you might enjoy even if you don't do vinyl.
I've had this in my head for a while and after Donna's post about a week ago about how-to's I figured I'd get off my but and make it (as the snow melts the computer becomes less apealing)
Suggestions welcome how it could be improved,may be it's not even done yet, don't mind my grammer.Please let me know if I left anything out.(I tried not to but I'm not a writer.)
Suggestions also welcome for other subjects that you could be involved in (you'll see what I mean)
After I get consensus (sp?) I would gladly donate to the step section of this site
ENJOY
members.aol.com/slamgrafyx/home/rivetron.html
Helveticos out there
BWAHAHAHAHA....hehehehe

oh... the counters not right (I used an old one) you could be the first to view
------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic
Anti-Social
& Paranoid
but Basically Happy
NEW slamgrafyx.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Mark Matyjakowski (edited March 25, 1999).]

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark,

I loved it.

It's printing out as I type. Just HAVE to show it to a few sign guys around here that don't have the net. I was so glad to see that Uncle Slam handles those rivets the same way I do.

Thanks for adding a humorus touch to a really bad day.

Don

------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
sbdsigns@aol.com

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark! We're impressed. Hope everybody sees this one.

------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673
steve@letterhead.com
ICQ 316338
www.letterhead.com/chatpals/signman.html

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mayo Pardo
Resident

Member # 138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mayo Pardo   Author's Homepage   Email Mayo Pardo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is an awesome "how to" !!!
Congratulations and thanks for a really great job. I loved the illustrations and the animations :-)
The facts was pretty good too!

Now that I have a new toy to play with, if I ever have that pesky rivet problem again, I think I may just try removing them with my PLASMA CUTTER...
hissssssssssssssss

------------------
EmpY® is Hooked on late night infomercials
and also known as...Mayo Pardo
Signs, windshield washing, 220 volt appliances and foreign videos By Mayo
14 N 041 Gunpowder Ln.
Elgin IL 60123
847 931-4171

Posts: 436 | From: South Elgin, IL | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim K in NC
Visitor
Member # 207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim K in NC   Email Jim K in NC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark, If I every run into you at a show , I'll buy you a frosty beverage, you deserve it for that. Thanks

------------------
Jim Kokiko
"Ko" as in coke, "ki" as in kite, "ko" as in coke
SignDesign
Goldsboro, NC 27530
919-734-SIGN
jwk@pindigital.net

Posts: 118 | From: Goldsboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark! I applaud you! That was really something else!

You've got my vote for the Letterhead Website Cartoonist! Heck .... if SignCraft could have one, so could we eh?

I'm printing this one out!
One thing Mark, I experienced one broken link in my viewing of it. It was the cartoon under the "Rivetron" truck. Sure would like to know what it was. Is it just me?

Super job Mark! You outdid yourself on this one and put a whole new twist on a "step by step"! Very creative and funny.

Nettie

------------------
jbalogh@earthlink.net

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Creative Images
Visitor
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Creative Images         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

"Marv, just, Marv"

Keep it Flowin'
Got a Kinko Guy down the Road, sure would like to introduce him, to the ol' Doc.

Robert

Stay Fresh, Be Creative

------------------

Posts: 346 | From: Gordo, Alabama USA | Registered: Feb 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most Excellent!!!
More! More! More!

------------------
Karen Stein
220 N. Greenfield Ave. Apt #173
Mesa, AZ 85205

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was as cool as reading a comic book! Well done Mark!

------------------
Donna with Graphic Impact, BC Canada
gisigns@sprint.ca

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark...That was absolutely the BEST step-by-step I have ever seen. And the most entertaining. I also hope to meet you at a meet so I can have the pleasure of sharing a frosty one with you!!

------------------
Dave Grundy #340
AKA applicator on mIRC
"stickin' sticky stuff to valuable vessels and vehicles!"
in Granton, Ontario, Canada

dave.grundy@odyssey.on.ca

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Diane Crowther
Visitor
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diane Crowther   Email Diane Crowther   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very entertaining...and useful, too! Thanks, Mark.

------------------
Diane Crowther, Metaline Graphics Ltd., Nova Scotia, Canada, ID #285

Posts: 516 | From: Hubbards, NS Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave D
Visitor
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave D   Author's Homepage   Email Dave D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehehehe! Way clever and as has already been exclaimed; nice diversion from a hectic day. TGIF

You have more time on your hands than I do, and now I want multiple frosty beverages as well!!!

So I will! (there's gotta be a perk every now and then for being self employed, isn't there?

and my last comments and words of wisdom...
don't let the flip-tab pull out yer mustache hairs!

Dave duz' Graphics in Beautiful
Wichita, Ks.
Vinylman@feist.com

------------------

Posts: 33 | From: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: Dec 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you liked it... knowing I put a smile on a few faces puts one one mine... frosty beverage for all
But just when I thought I had Helvetico licked... I get to work... have a pickup come in... want lettering on the cap... cap has doors on each side with 6 foot piano hinges and drip channel... all of it covered with lettering and drop shadow... oh well done now, it's friday

Did anyone else have problems viewing? It's all there for me.

Anyway I would like to continue this "vs." series using all of you as characters...
Round letter man vs.------
Mark fairs tractor running people over
TMSA as a scout finding the bad guys
TBUK the code breaker
Steve & Barb as "fearless leaders" of James Bond type sign stories
you get the idea?
you write your your own scripts depending on your specialty
kind of a letterhead learning online comic strip.
Any one interested? I realize the attention span around here is kinda short, but might be fun.

------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic
Anti-Social
& Paranoid
but Basically Happy
NEW slamgrafyx.cjb.net

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Time on my hands? yeah right...
hustle all day doing sign stuff hustle all night doing daddy stuff (most important)
church meetings (yes my car is muraled full of skulls and half naked women but it's still parked at church 3 time a week), I'm asst. cub scout leader, coach little league, heavy involved with my kids school.
it just gets to that point of the evening when it's time to relax after tucking kids into bed... I don't watch tv, I play on computer to relax.
I just recently installed photoshop 4 on comp. and this step was a chance to "play" with it
soon that playing with software will turn to playing with topsoil and concrete... come on spring

------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic
Anti-Social
& Paranoid
but Basically Happy
NEW slamgrafyx.cjb.net

Kelli
Visitor
Member # 248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelli   Author's Homepage   Email Kelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, LOVED IT! That truck looked just like my very first truck job, fangs and all Happily, I tamed the beast by using the same technique you described. Would love to see more like this.

Janda

[This message has been edited by Kelli (edited March 27, 1999).]

Posts: 449 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!