Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » printed billboards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: printed billboards
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a situation where i need to do one of those prints that tie on the back of a small billboard. I've hand lettered this board for over 40 years, but now there is a change required. Who prints these and how do you go about installing them? This makes me feel like I'm not in the signmaking business anymore, but an installer. If it were not for a great and long time customer I'd have it walking to elsewhere.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6907 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We haven't done one for a while, but find large format printer company. I think maybe Signs 365. Layout your art to allow pockets on all four sides. These pockets will wrap around the board. Then you use conduit to run through the pockets. Cut a hole to attach bungee cords to conduit. Hook bundees to back of board.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 661 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Dish
Visitor
Member # 10782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Dish   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Dish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't use bungee I would use a ratchet straps! And for the conduit use or heavier conduit, not PVC.

--------------------
Brian
Vinyl Signs
Pittsburgh, PA.

Posts: 193 | From: Pgh., PA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What size is the Print area ?

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 240 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9x12 print area. This has two colorful photographs that I fear will fade rapidly and is down on a road where people walk by and could cut straps from the ground. Those are my fears.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6907 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Dish
Visitor
Member # 10782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Dish   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Dish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then use the straps to pull it tight then make up some cables to hold it tightly. Then remove the straps.

--------------------
Brian
Vinyl Signs
Pittsburgh, PA.

Posts: 193 | From: Pgh., PA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Similar deal with an old client who wanted to update his. I designed it and had it printed, then hired an installer to hang it. The print was $400 and the installer charged me $250 as it was 20 feet up. I charged $1000 for the design and billed the client $1500. Simpler than getting up there on a manlift and hand-painting it again for probably about the same money.

--------------------
Preston McCall
10305 Eby st.
Overland Park, KS
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1564 | From: Overland Park, KS | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!