Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sign Hanger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign Hanger
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm not looking for a iron sign bracket, I'm looking for a sign hanger. I have two at the shop. One is S shaped iron, twisted with open hooks on each end the other looks like the letter U with a circle hole on top and a carriage bolt on the bottom. I cannot remember where I bought them at. I didn't see anything like them at The Sign Bracket Store, but I bought them somewhere. Can ya help me out here?

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4012 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Alicia. Not sure if this link will work, but hopefully it does. Is this type of hanger what you're looking for ?

https://mbs-standoffs.com/sites/default/files/products/29511-750.png

If so, this will take you to the site where you can get them.

Hope this helps you out.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2695 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite right. The one I have has a bit more going on, plus it is black. But that's close. The link to that didn't come though.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 4012 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you post a Picture ?

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 237 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Lets try something else....does what you're seeking look anything like these images ?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Clevis+Shackle&form=RESTAB&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

If so, this hardware can usually be found in hardware stores in the department where chain is sold.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2695 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Nope, not like any of those. But what an education on hangers. On some of those hooks, you could hang a car at the end of it. Kevin, I'm gonna send a pic to your email. Maybe you can post a pic.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Okay Kevin, I sent a pic to the email oj your post.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When do we get to see the picture?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6892 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia, curiosity has got the best of me, can you email me the picture and I will post it.

gboros@signworksstudios.com

[ August 02, 2021, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Gary Boros ]

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
New Milford, Connecticut, USA

GBoros@SignworksStudios.com

Posts: 276 | From: New Milford, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is Alicia's picture of the hangers:

-

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
New Milford, Connecticut, USA

GBoros@SignworksStudios.com

Posts: 276 | From: New Milford, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Well that picture sure helps. I found one item
in the Metalcraft Industries catalogue. It's at:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/2559d019-9079-4847-a938-7a85f93053c2

I suspect that both of the items are probably from that source, but didn't find the other items. Perhaps they're a discontinued item ?

edited: found that 2nd set of hangers on the next page of their catalogue at:

https://adobeindd.com/view/publications/2559d019-9079-4847-a938-7a85f93053c2/7v6x/publication-web-resources/image/ef_X-HW-SHFW-C10.jpg

Hope this helps you out.

[ August 03, 2021, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Ken Henry ]

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

And the winner is,,,,, Ken Henry for naming Metal Craft as the manufacture. They have both hangers on their regular web page under "Sign Hanging Hardware". I owe you a cool in a extra frosty mug.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this could be a New Game for Letterville: "Name this Product"

Thank You Gary for posting the Picture,
Thank You Ken for the Answer

kb

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 237 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!