Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Office of the President Elect Signs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Office of the President Elect Signs
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was thinking,,,,,what would I do if I was asked to produce the Office of the President Elect signs and banners. I might say, "What's that mean? They might tell me it's what how they will be presenting Joe Biden until he is actually announced to be president. I would say, "Never heard of that before, when did this start? Does that mean anyone who thinks they will be the next president can hold office inside of the Office of the President Elect? And where is the actual office located?" Personally, I think it's more like a traveling circus. They put up the signs, banners and call it The Office of the President Elect.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3966 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that I like about this site is that we lovingly refrain from political controversy. We try to be free of conflict here. Not always possible, but it's been a desired goal so that we might remain a family.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6840 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw naw ya got it all wrong. We are in the sign business, all kinda of signs. This year along with some Covid signs, I was asked to produce some political signs. I looked up on the person who the sign was about. I wanted to make sure the message was accurate. I made the signs and that was that. But after that I kinda wondered if I would take on a political sign that I didn't agree with or if the message the customer wanted to put out was false. If I felt that the job was not a truthful message I would present my case to the customer and explain why I wouldn't do the sign in the manner of which he wants it written. Hey lots of advertising signs are exaggerations of the truth. "We are the Best in Town or the Best Prices in Town" But if you are asked to produce a sign that can really misleads or lies to people, that's a whole different matter. By the way, the political signs I did were so good, they got stolen. I was asked to do some more.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3966 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate your conscientious approach to not using your skills to promote a lie or mislead people. I think I didn't understand what you were saying.

I have had people wanting signs that promoted certain occult practices that I wouldn't promote. I needed to decline their request. Telling them why could generate a law suit in this state, so I could just say that we're too busy. I chose to have a caring and sensitive talk explaining what I believe and why I couldn't do that job. We parted as people that disagreed but with a heightened respect for each other.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6840 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my sons was asked to make "Pritzker Sucks" coroplast yard signs and it took him by surprise. Pritzker is the governor of our state, Illinois.
He didn't want to do it (thank God we raised him right) and said we couldn't meet his deadline.

Some one else did the signs and now they're all over the place. Whether I support the governor's politics or not I don't believe in doing signs for those who want to expouse hate.

Rick I admire your taking the time to have a meaningful conversation with this person and had I been around when this request came about I might have or wished I had done the same. In my 41 years in business this has never come up.
We may be begging to have work to keep the doors open, but we still can make a judgement call on what signs we want to do.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2116 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you Imagine Hand Lettering every Sign ?

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 232 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!