Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Extremely fun current project

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extremely fun current project
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still keep very busy in our shop, with a crew of seven on most days. We have lots of fun projects lined up to keep us busy at least until late spring. One project we are doing is for a mini golf that is being built in Carmen, Manitoba. There's a Drive Inn restaurant called Syl's that has been in operation since 1960. They are adding a mini golf. The obvious theme was cars from that era. I designed a 1960's gas station as the clubhouse which the owner is constructing. We are building two cars, a tow truck, two gas pumps and a sign - all in a fun cartoon style of course. Here's the links to the pics...

The 1932 hot rod dragster was a whole lot of un to build. We sourced some real slicks and retro rear mags. The front wheels we built in our shop. hot rod

The sign is built out of heavy gage steel, all welded up nice and pretty. It will be powder coated for maximum durability.
retro style sign

The tow truck was a lot of fun as well - especially the web boom with a hand crank to roll in the cable. tow truck

I remember pumping gas at my first job - $25 cents a gallon!!! gas pumps

The vw bug was also a fun build. It reminded me of Janis' car which she drove when we first dated. vw bug

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8746 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I sure would like to see the car hauler with these "Vehicles" on board going down the road.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3889 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have delivered countless features and signs of every description through the years and it is always a whole lot of fun. Every time we stop for any reason there is an instant crowd. On occasion we see the press as we travel and have received a whole lot of exposure because of it.

That is an effective sign!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8746 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again Dan, super cool project. I have to ask if the numbers on the pumps have hidden meaning?

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2301 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We hide many things through our projects of course. Licence plates are an easy mark for letters and numbers and mean something to our crew and families, although few others will know the significance. We've named many waterways and other features after members of our family. Our house has many thousands of hearts through all of the exterior trim. A bunch of rocks are heart shaped as are many knotholes. It's a house built with love. In the Hazelnut Inn project we are building next door there are many, many hidden references to family and crew. It's a fun way of putting a little more of ourselves into our work.

Do we tell where they are and what they mean? Not often - except to those we honour.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!