Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Canadian Letterheads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canadian Letterheads
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a Canadian Letterhead that might be able to help me out. I am in dire need of a cutting strip for a Roland PNC-1210 part number XD-CPS-121.
These have been discontinued by Roland and I have not been able to find a supplier in the United States that has any. Some companies are still listing them on their web sites but are out of stock and have no way of finding any more.

So I found a possible Canadian source but they told me they aren't allowed to sell any Roland parts outside of Canada. So I'm looking for a fellow Canadian that could check to see if they have any in stock and buy 3 of them for me and then ship them to me. The site is http://www.allgraphicsupplies.com/cutting-strips and the strip for the PNC 1210 is the very last one at the bottom of the page.

If anyone is successful at finding these you can answer here and we can PM so I can get the money sent to you in advance for the strips and the shipping.

[ June 04, 2018, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy to do that for you Dave.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, let me know if Kelly is successful...if not, I can try Vancouver

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using sandblast rubber for many decades.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kelly. Let me know if they have them and the cost. I'll get money to you somehow to pay for them and shipping to the U.S. If they have enough I would want three. That should take care of me till either the machine croaks or I do.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Rick, really? That works? I would think sandblast rubber would be too soft. I'll give it a try as a last resort.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hartco 425 here as well, for the last 20 years or so. Mine is on an antique Ioline Studio 7, though, & I don't use it much...

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 472 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
duplicate post

[ June 06, 2018, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Hi Dave,
Sorry, but they said they do not have any and it is a discontinued item so they can't help. The girl I talked to was very nice and did some inventory searching for me and said that her sources told her that they might be available at Beacon Graphics in NJ. http://www.beacongraphics.com/
They say discontinued on their website but it might be worth a phone call if you haven't spoken to them. Good Luck!

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Pete or Marj Payne at Canadian Signcrafters Supple (TG Graphics now I think) might be able to help you, it is possible that one of the newer strips may be interchangeable or adjustable but I think Pete would know. I know they sell Roland equipment.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave...It's been a while since I had to buy a cutting strip for a Roland cutter but I seem to recall that all the strips were the same except for the length? Maybe a 24", 30" or 36" strip for a newer cutter might work? Just cut to length.

Just a thought.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opp's double post [Bash]

[ June 06, 2018, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Thanks for trying everyone.

Dave, I wish they were all the same. The majority are 3/16 inch wide but mine is 1/8 inch. Looks like after searching for almost 3 weeks that I'm down to 2 choices.
1. Cutting some Hartco sandblast rubber
2. I found a Chinese import that is 3 mm which is only about .465 mm too small. That could work though since the spot where the blade rides would be only slightly off from the middle of the strip.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Brian Dish
Visitor
Member # 10782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Dish   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Dish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave you can get a roll of 1/16" thick Teflon and make your own

try here:
http://www.eplastics.com/slick_strips

--------------------
Brian
Vinyl Signs
Pittsburgh, PA.

Posts: 159 | From: Pgh., PA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!