Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » First Page

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Page
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya ever notice the first part of the web site, where it reads, "Join the THOUSANDS of signmakers,
stripers, airbrush artists, gilders,
and other graphic pros that post questions
and get answers!"
I think it may be down to about 15 or 20 head.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is everyone? I have many fond memories of meets, and many, many people have helped me over the years here. Sad to see very little movement here.

[ December 18, 2017, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Felix Marcano ]

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the pinchi Facebook. This site is way better than Facebook.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, so simple to keep up with folks by checking in with Facebook on your smartphone

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris D Sullivan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris D Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to Quebec City this Feb. 23-25 2018

[ December 21, 2017, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Chris D Sullivan ]

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Posts: 27 | From: Whitby, ON | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you elaborate Chris?

I know that it will be cold and there will be snow, but will there be some kind of sign related event?

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure like this site better. I find friendships here have more depth and content and the sharing without boasting is stronger. Facebook seems more of a business promotion mentality.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've made wonderful lasting friends here and learned a bunch. I don't frequent the site as much as before and I don't really know why. It sure isn't because of Facebook or any other social media site because I don't do any of those. My life is very busy but sometimes I should take time to smell the turps... or whatever I need to do here!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't come here as often as I use to either, mainly because of the lack of activity and yes, facebook is to blame. Facebook is an all in one site. I belong to a number of groups over there that cover all my interests signs, lettering, pinstriping, racing, old cars, you name it. The pinstriping group is outstanding, questions answered almost immediately.
Facebook does have some drawbacks though, you'll find out pretty quickly that some people you admired are actually pretty nasty idiots. On the flip side of that, over the years there were some people on here that I just couldn't stand. Yep, they are on facebook too but I use the block feature and don't suffer from their rants. [Smile]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am beginning to hate Facebook. The ads are pain, the political crap is worse. I joined a CNC group on Facebook and I'm ready to leave it. They have over 10,000 members and most are hobbyists. You should see some of the signs these people are creating. There was a recent one where the kerning was so horrible, the word ARMY looked like an acronym. The letters were so far apart compared to the rest of the sign, and worse than computer generated kerning for the rest of it. And one comment after another of "looks great". I almost threw up in the back of my mouth a little. I prefer Letterville much more than Facebook, but yes, not much participation here any more.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris D Sullivan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris D Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Grundy:
Could you elaborate Chris?

I know that it will be cold and there will be snow, but will there be some kind of sign related event?

Hi Dave

Details can be found at https://quebecletterheads.wordpress.com/

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Posts: 27 | From: Whitby, ON | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything has just evolved- I remember when this concept of a online virtual letterhead gathering was new and different. Joining and getting to know all these amazing people- some who were already legends in the signpainting/walldogging world. Hearing stories, learning techniques, rubbing shoulders with some amazing creative professionals- a truly magical time. Then time starts taking its toll, we start losing many of these amazing artists, technology advances, the world seems to start spinning faster, and here we are- longing for the better days, when our good friends were still here telling jokes, swapping stories, showing us their creations...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if a weekly reminder by email would bring many of the strays back to Letterville a little more often... I certainly could use a reminder especially since fbook is so 'in your face' with notifications 24/7 that it tends to make one forget other sites???

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just been busy with so many things (sign work, yard work, new Grandson, etc).

I need to post some photos of some recent work, that usually gets conversations going.

Waiting for the snow to melt.

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!